Jasper at Lumberton/LUMBERTON WINS 56-35!!!!!

[quote name="LHS78" post="833537" timestamp="1283031630"]
well folks i was'nt gonna get on here but after reading all these comments lets just say the devil made me do it!!! I read a few about how Jasper did this and that over 20 yrs ago and I was there most of them probably were'nt even born all I can say is welcome to 4A boys havin fun YET!!!
[/quote]I played lumberton from 7 grade to 12 we never lost to you guy's I finished in 95 so I was there. Im just say we put it to yall but let me just say this Lumberton has got it going on for these past few year's and it was a good game for you guy's friday hope nothing but the best.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BIG HOUSE
Jasper-Silsbee-and any other program that is used to beating up Lumberton had better get used to the fact that Lumberton will now whip that tail.. ;)
Oh yea.....Silsbee is already used to that.. ;D ;D ;D L-Train has beat Silsbee for prolly the last 8 or 9 straight  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="BIG HOUSE" post="833630" timestamp="1283034914"]
Jasper-Silsbee-and any other program that is used to beating up Lumberton had better get used to the fact that Lumberton will now whip that tail.. ;)
Oh yea.....Silsbee is already used to that.. ;D ;D ;D[b] L-Train has beat Silsbee for prolly the last 8 or 9 straight  ;D ;D ;D[/b]
[/quote]

Just so there is no "probablies" in this particular subject, here is the all time history of games played between Silsbee and Lumberton:

year              Silsbee              Lumberton

1978                42                      0
1979                32                      12
1980                48                      0
1981                13                      0
1982                42                      0
1983                28                      6
1984                19                      22
1985                22                      19
1986                28                      8
1987                56                      0
1988                40                      9
1989                22                      0
1992                41                      10
1993                56                      17
1998                28                        0
1999                25                        0
2000                  0                        27
2001                14                        34
2002                16                        18
2003                16                        24
2009                14                        20

All time record

Silsbee  15-6

Lumberton currently has a 5 game win streak. (not 8 or 9) ::)

[quote name="T-daddy" post="833172" timestamp="1283011316"]
The last time lumberton beat jasper was 1985 in a pouring rain storm.  The score was 7-6.  IMO the difference in tonights game was coaching or the lack their of, no disrespect to lumberton (alot of x-bulldogs live in lumberton now) but if you lose to lumberton and we were bigger and faster and more athletic its time for this group of coaches to look for a new career....
[/quote]

LUMBERTON is a different team now since jasper last played them.  and yes the coaching is good in lumberton

Oh yea.....Silsbee is already used to that.. ;D ;D ;D L-Train has beat Silsbee for prolly the last 8 or 9 straight  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

WOW!!!!! Guess what, you should in all actuality beat both of these teams because of the size of your school and numbers to pick from. Wouldn't be all excited about beating Jasper and Silsbee. Go to the playoffs and do something and then come talk.

Beating 3A teams should be normal and expected, nothing to really brag about for ya! :-X ;)

Wish Lumberton the best, with Nederland down, their chances are better.

Guest GORAIDERS
#40 (and I know him quite well also) did make a HUGE mental error. He let #10 in his head and said something he should not have said. Coach C definitely made the right call and #40 feels really bad about the whole thing and after visiting with him, he most certainly learned a lesson. The team and coaches, who had to have been disappointed, appeared very supportive. Coach C runs a program like one I have never seen. Looking forward to next Friday - ready to cheer those RAIDERS on to another victory!

[quote name="JB94" post="833435" timestamp="1283028814"]
[quote author=Jbdfan link=topic=71996.msg833316#msg833316 date=1283020908]
[quote author=WTB link=topic=71996.msg833078#msg833078 date=1283004488]
raideroldtimer, go back and think about the way things were before Creadur. I promise you that coaching staff knows better than you on how to coach that team
[/quote]

Lumberton definitely was well coached and won the coaching battle. That is a large part of why the score was like it was.
[/quote]

I second this.

I'm a little embarrassed by some of the comments. We lost a preseason game to a good 4a program. Let's see if we can learn from defeat and improve next week.
[/quote]
WTB, I don't know why you even made this comment, I have never once even hinted that I know more about coaching the team, and that would be now AND before with all the past coaches. I never have been a coach (in football), never will be a coach, don't DESIRE to be a coach, I love watching the game and like anyone else I will occasionally speculate but for the most part I'm happy just to spectate. I have nothing but the utmost and absolute respect for what Coach Creduer is doing with Lumbertons' football program.

Raideroldertimer- you have questions the coaches a few times mainly on Hughes playing QB. I might have over reacted but I hate when people disrespect coaches who spend 7 days a week working for a team/town. These guys dont deserve to be questioned after what they did for Lumberton. This is a place that expects to be in the playoffs every year after 48 years of nothing yet we hear about speculation from people who cut lawns for a living.

no need to comment on the game, the scoreboard literally tells all. I havent missed a game in quite a while, the boys looked as good as any team we have put on the field. spoke with a few after the game and they said it really isnt a very good measuring stick of what we will face in district, so dont read too much into it. As for the injury to JRich, its an absolute shame, its very similiar to what happened to AB last year. It was very far behind the play, and afterwards no class was shown by Jasper, they have lost a ton of respect from this town....James may not play again and theres nothing an 17 yr old kid in hs can do to deserve having his season ended in such a way. It's bs if u ask me. And i believe from the stare their side got from Credeur from almost midfield, he feels the same...Asher was a bruiser last night, and our D was head hunting. 56 points is no fluke, hope to see them again and crack skulls again. Vidor is off the hook lol, we now hate u jasper.....

[quote name="bojangles" post="834148" timestamp="1283070978"]
no need to comment on the game, the scoreboard literally tells all. I havent missed a game in quite a while, the boys looked as good as any team we have put on the field. spoke with a few after the game and they said it really isnt a very good measuring stick of what we will face in district, so dont read too much into it. As for the injury to JRich, its an absolute shame, its very similiar to what happened to AB last year. It was very far behind the play, and afterwards no class was shown by Jasper, they have lost a ton of respect from this town....James may not play again and theres nothing an 17 yr old kid in hs can do to deserve having his season ended in such a way. It's bs if u ask me. And i believe from the stare their side got from Credeur from almost midfield, he feels the same...Asher was a bruiser last night, and our D was head hunting. 56 points is no fluke, hope to see them again and crack skulls again. Vidor is off the hook lol, we now hate u jasper.....
[/quote]HATE is a strong word look it's football it happen's and it's not alway's right and you know what on some filed in texas it will happen again he did not mean to hurt that kid you need to watch your words.THIS IS FOOTBALL NOT GOLF!!!!!!!!!!

Good game Lumberton ..... I sure was worried there for a moment.  Them L-TRAIN kids were the real Bulldogs; not willing to show defeat and playing like their always in control. Congrats ......Coaches or definitely better in L-TOWN these days; but the type of boys coming to Lumberton are HARD!! LOL!!!!!!

[/quote]

Yeah I agree Jasper has lost a ton of respect from this town after what they did.

[quote name="ST413" post="834301" timestamp="1283101699"]
No not the hit that cost the respect it was the fact that players and cheerleaders from Jasper acted like nothing happened. I did not see one of them take a knee to show respect for the injured player. To all that is a show of poor sportsmanship.
[/quote]

Yeah and when their player got hurt our team and cheerleaders showed respect and took a knee

[/quote]Easy... lets not get that started yet.... we have to play them in a couple of weeks... I think that will be a real battle in Tiger Stadium.

Really not making excuses for the hit at all, but some of you guys are going a little far. A lot of the players were leaving the field because this was a kickoff play. Some of Jasper's players were leaving the field and the hit was behind them so they did not know immediately they had the injury. They do need some instruction and the coaches need their butts kicked for not leading their kids better, but I think you all are going a little far to "hate" Jasper and think because of this one instance that they are a bad team or group of people. It will be corrected. If it happened time after time, that would be one thing, but use a little sense and grace as things happen and mistakes are made.  

Starting to show a lack of class by not letting this go and using some of these terms on a broad scale. One hit, one mistake, maybe incorrectly handled, and now Jasper is terrible. That is not right. There is a lot of good kids on that team and people in those stands rooting and cheerleaders cheering. Do not let hate be your guide as to how things really are.

[/quote]
Well, Bojangles you are partially right, the scoreboard did finally tell all, but for awhile there it stopped telling anything.  :P Be glad when we get our new board.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="834338" timestamp="1283105646"]
[quote author=bojangles link=topic=71996.msg834148#msg834148 date=1283070978]
[/quote]
Well, Bojangles you are partially right, the scoreboard did finally tell all, but for awhile there it stopped telling anything.  :P Be glad when we get our new board.
[/quote]

Yeah I heard the new board should be in for this weeks game!

[quote name="WTB" post="834142" timestamp="1283066527"]
Raideroldertimer- you have questions the coaches a few times mainly on Hughes playing QB. I might have over reacted but I hate when people disrespect coaches who spend 7 days a week working for a team/town. These guys dont deserve to be questioned after what they did for Lumberton. This is a place that expects to be in the playoffs every year after 48 years of nothing yet we hear about speculation from people who cut lawns for a living.
[/quote]
Well first of all, yes I did say they OUGHT to move Hughes over to running back, not for lack of respect, but because as I said before he would be a marquee back, he is that good at running the ball. My guess is you're probably his dad, because I understand from others that his dad is pretty adamant that he play QB, I will say this though, after seeing the play where he hands the ball off to the running back then leads him through the line as a blocker, I can understand why the coach has him at QB. Nothing against Purks, he's a good kid, but Hughes does a much better job on that particular play, in my opinion it tips the scales on the QB selection. I'm just glad we actually have two QB's capable of starting for most any team in the area. As far as cutting lawns for a living, those that I know do that make pretty good money at it, as for me, I cut my own lawn and that's it. By suggesting he [b]ought[/b], I don't feel I'm questioning the coach at all, it is purely speculation, something that is done in this forum quite often. This forum is for people to smack talk, to express their opinions and frankly just to have fun talking to people with like interest. Plus, if you were to ever just stand near where my friends and I watch the game, you would hear ME, that's right me, defending the coaches decisions to my friends when they go off because of a blown play. Relax, Ryan will get a scholarship as a QB and maybe with luck we can see him leading the Texans to their first ever Superbowl and that will be irregardless of my opinion on his running back abilities or YOUR opinion that I'm trying to coach the team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder