Liberty Vs. Hardin

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="829439" timestamp="1282580849"]
They're going to hook it up this Friday in Hardin.

Has this game ever been played before??
[/quote]

Dunno, but the outcome will no doubt be a lasting factor in the way football is played in southeast texas for years to come.  I can't wait to see these two goliaths do battle.  Will there be video available of this momentous occasion?  If so, please reserve two copies for me.

Guest johnsmith1982
Yes, this was a common matchup in the 90's. Hardin dropped down to 2a in 2000 and this particular game was no more. These kids are close, and all know one another so it does get farely exciting. Both programs are decent, and do well in their own districts. Liberty is rebuilding on what was a solid program in years previous and Hardin has had success this entire decade.

Come out and watch at Hornets Stadium this Friday night -

[quote name="liltex" post="829576" timestamp="1282596299"]
I know Coach Haynes has been there a few yrs.but where did he coach before Hardin?This should be a good game.I'll take Hardin by a td.
[/quote]

Come on, liltex, I know you're bound to remember when Haynes was at Crosby and his son played QB. After that seems like he went to a 5A school, I think in the Aldine district, but school politics got involved and he was reassigned. Then, if I'm not mistaken, he was the Off Coord. or QB coach for Dick Olin at Baytown Lee when he took the Hardin job.

I am not sure about the quality of football that you will see but it will be fun.  They played twice on 7 on 7 and did not finish either one of them due to some extracurricular activities.  I hope the boys can all keep their heads and play ball.

It'll be close, but I hope the Panther's can play some defense. I've been waiting for this game for awhile. Hardin football has a chip on their shoulder and have a tendency to run their mouth a little bit. After we scrimmaged them a few years ago Haynes told the Liberty team basicly that they werent as good as his team and that he hoped they could win a couple games...I hope Liberty takes it to 'em...

What I really like about this game is the fact that Coach Haynes went to school in Hardin for most of his life then after a very good junior year as QB of Hardin moved to Liberty for his Senior year and lead Liberty to the playoffs only to lose a very close game to Jasper in bi-district. Don't know how it is now but back in the day Liberty thought they were so much better than those country boys from Hardin so I for one would love to see those Hornets put it on the Panthers.

Guest baseball25
Coach Haynes was Head Coach at Lumberton, Clear Lake, Haltom, Brewer, Crosby, Eisenhower, and now Hardin. I might be missing one more school.

Top 5 active winningest football coaches in Southeast Texas

1 Curtis Barbay (Newton) 314 wins Overall record: 314-95-6

2 Dan Hooks (West Orange-Stark) 275 wins Overall record: 275-71-2

3 Larry Haynes (Hardin) 140 wins Overall record: 140-64

4 Bobby "Bubba" McGallion (Silsbee) 136 wins Overall record: 136-101-3

5 Larry Neumann (Nederland) 130 wins Overall record: 130-66-1

Guest johnsmith1982
A little under two hours away until Kickoff. Going to be a good hard fought game tonight between central Liberty county schools Hardin Hornets 10-2A and Liberty Panthers 22-3A.....Come out and support these kids!!! I will take Hardin by a score.

[quote name="PANTHERPLAYA09" post="831670" timestamp="1282887394"]
It'll be close, but I hope the Panther's can play some defense. I've been waiting for this game for awhile. Hardin football has a chip on their shoulder and have a tendency to run their mouth a little bit. After we scrimmaged them a few years ago Haynes told the Liberty team basicly that they werent as good as his team and that he hoped they could win a couple games...I hope Liberty takes it to 'em...
[/quote]

Not this time! From what i have seen, it has been the Liberty kids running their mouth, and I cant stand that! Liberty is 3a If they win they shouldn't be so surprised. If they are it may be  a really long season for the panthers. Not taking anything away from the Hornets, but i was taught you should beat the teams in the lower rankings, unless of course they are state ranked!  :)

I dont know how the Panther "D" will hold up at the end of the game, and i can see a comeback from the Hornets

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder