Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="823391" timestamp="1281117197"]
[quote author=supermario link=topic=71453.msg823390#msg823390 date=1281117125]
where will this be played?
[/quote]

To Kirbyville's benefit, on a football field and not a basketball court. ;D
[/quote]

now thats funny!  Im not sure it going to help much, Im afraid its going to be bad!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="823428" timestamp="1281125482"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=71453.msg823391#msg823391 date=1281117197]
[quote author=supermario link=topic=71453.msg823390#msg823390 date=1281117125]
where will this be played?
[/quote]

To Kirbyville's benefit, on a football field and not a basketball court. ;D
[/quote]

now thats funny!  Im not sure it going to help much, Im afraid its going to be bad!
[/quote]

for who?

Guest rykerx144
Kirbyville!  Ozen will outweigh and have much faster kids!  Not to mention alot more of them!  Most of Kville will be playing both ways!  Ozen will be playing both offensive TEAMS! LOL

[quote name="bigtank_77705" post="823454" timestamp="1281136014"]
this will be a good scrimmage for both teams
Kirbyville are winners and it is hard to beat a team use to winning
Ozen is trying to relearn how to be winners in football
[/quote]
your absolutely right big tank, ozen has the kids this yr to make it back to the playoffs, their qb is alot better then last yr and they have a nice size line to open those running lanes for those two backs they have coming back

[quote name="sig220" post="824186" timestamp="1281400554"]
Why scrimmage a much smaller school?  It helps Kville, but I do not see the point.  You are getting ready for WB!  Play somebody who can help you prepare. 
[/quote]

They may be small in number, but they are very talented and will definitely show the Coach Nelson the areas he needs to work on before you play Da' Brook.  And that is what scrimmages are all about.

Oh I understand the theory behind it, but for preparation purposes I think it would be better if your scrimmage was as close to being your next opponent as possible.  I agree it is great for Kirbyville. 

Head coaches decision.  Different strokes for different folks.

[quote name="sig220" post="824265" timestamp="1281442271"]
Oh I understand the theory behind it, but for preparation purposes I think it would be better if your scrimmage was as close to being your next opponent as possible.  I agree it is great for Kirbyville. 

Head coaches decision.  Different strokes for different folks.
[/quote]

That is a bit of a problem as the only other school that approaches West Brook's number is also on Ozen's regular season schedule (Port Arthur Memorial).  The schools that would next approach those numbers are also on Ozen's regular season schedule as district opponents. 

I think Kirbyville can more than adequately show Coach Nelson what he needs to work on for West Brook.

I tend to agree with sig220 on this subject. With Ozen having an enrollment over 1200 and Kirbyville with an enrollment just over 400 (actually Kirbyville is officially the smallest 3A in the state now), it is obviously good for Kirbyville, but not so much for Ozen. With not just twice but three times the enrollment, I think Ozen would have been better suited scrimmaging one of the 19-4A teams.

You guys need to remember, varsity is not the only one's scrimmaging here. You have JV and freshmen teams to scrimmage too. With that kind of disparity in numbers, I am pretty sure the sub-varsity scrimmages will not be all that great. In some cases (and I do not know if Kirbyville falls into this catagory) some 3A's combine their freshmen and JV teams due to numbers. That would not benefit Ozen at all. Ozen may not be able to look at as many players in the scrimmages as they would like due to the low numbers from Kirbyville. Ozen may have 3 strings on both sides of the ball and Kirbyville may only have 2.

I don't see too much of a problem with the two varsity's scrimmaging, but I can see problems with the sub-varsity scrimmages.

Guest Kvillecatz
The only numbers that matter are the ones on the scoreboard. I dont care if Ozen is 4A because we would win their district anyway. They will regret scrimmaging the Catz .
:-*

[quote name="Kvillecatz" post="824361" timestamp="1281467587"]
The only numbers that matter are the ones on the scoreboard. [b]I dont care if Ozen is 4A because we would win their district anyway. They will regret scrimmaging the Catz [/b] .
[/quote]

See, it's comments like this from some of you Kirbyville fans that make you guys look completely foolish.

Saying that Kirbyville would win district 20-4A is down right comical.

Guest rykerx144
The only numbers that matter are the ones on the scoreboard. I dont care if Ozen is 4A because we would win their district anyway. They will regret scrimmaging the Catz .
[/quote]

I agree!!  Its village idiots like this that make the whole community look bad! 

[/quote]No scores in scrimmages, Sunshine. And if the scoreboard is running, it don't matter...  Nothing will be kept in the recordbook..

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="824365" timestamp="1281467777"]
[quote author=Kvillecatz link=topic=71453.msg824361#msg824361 date=1281467587]
The only numbers that matter are the ones on the scoreboard. [b]I dont care if Ozen is 4A because we would win their district anyway. They will regret scrimmaging the Catz [/b] .
[/quote]

See, it's comments like this from some of you Kirbyville fans that make you guys look completely foolish.

Saying that Kirbyville would win district 20-4A is down right comical.
[/quote]

That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen on here. I know some of the players on the Wildcats think whoever these people are are "retarded" Their words not mine.

[/quote]

Ok, my lil cousin is the RB there (Kirbyville) and I love him but there is no way they even makes the playoffs in 20-4A, let alone beat my Jags and win district.  ;)  There starters are good but due to depth, I really don't know if they would get a win. 

[quote name="Big Ford" post="824430" timestamp="1281482868"]
[quote author=Kvillecatz link=topic=71453.msg824361#msg824361 date=1281467587]
[/quote]

Ok, my lil cousin is the RB there (Kirbyville) and I love him but there is no way they even makes the playoffs in 20-4A, let alone beat my Jags and win district.  ;)  There starters are good but due to depth, I really don't know if they would get a win.   
[/quote]Well stated

Everyone has an opinion,and they are certainly entitled to it.bad or good..I don't think calling someone an "idiot" is called for..R e s p e c t is what it's all about...If you don't give respect,you don't deserve to get it..Besides how does anyone know they are so right and everyone else is so wrong... JMO.. ;)

Guest rykerx144
If you havent noticed everyone on here has no respect for the Kirbyville fans.  Not that I blame them!!  We have a large group of fans that like to get on here and go way overboard on the smack talking.  They make several of the same threads over and over, continuing to go overboard every time as if they are demanding respect and to be recongonized.  This has caused all the other posters to become offensive and annoyed everytime something is said positive about Kirbyville now!  Like I said, Not that I blame them!! I have always tried to promote Kirbyville and still give the others the respect they deserve but them days are over.  Not long ago there was a group of guys that could get on and talk Kville footbal and didnt have this problem.  I notice that I dont see any of them around or making responses either.  So don't talk to me about r e s p e c t! 

I agree that you never know who is right and who is wrong!  but to say that Kirbyville would win 20 4a and say that a large 4a school is going to regret playing Kirbyville is an idiot statment.  I have spent my time trying to defend these over bearing Kirbyville supporters and I wont do it anymore!  There are still several Kirbyville posters that are descent and i will support.    If you want respect and dont want to be called a village idiot then dont say idiot and ignorant statments.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder