Stadiums in Texas

[quote name="STiger85" post="823797" timestamp="1281290467"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=71348.msg823767#msg823767 date=1281285134]
Little Elm, Aledo, Woodforest The Woodlands, Berry Center

I think the Dallas Metroplex has the nicest stadiums and Allen is going to blow stadiums out of the water and they do have the money.  Also, Leander ISD in the Austin area have nice stadiums.

Beaumont will have the nicest stadium in this area unless you factor in everything, then I don't know who. PNG IMO has the best crowd enviroment, but with a back drop of plants, and lack of parking makes it a little less.

Silsbee, very nice stadium, [b]but small[/b].  Beaumont nice stadium, but the stands may be uneven because of the soil, I-10 traffic all game long, and the stands won't be filled unless PNG, or Nederland play there. Heck I don't know you make the call.
[/quote]

I don't get where you get that Tiger Stadium is small. Maybe its that we are a 3A team or a small town. As far as setting, Tiger Stadium compares nicely to that one in PNG or [b]that one along I-10.[/b]
[/quote]Nope , won't even be close!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="823770" timestamp="1281285507"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=71348.msg823767#msg823767 date=1281285134]
Little Elm, Aledo, Woodforest The Woodlands, Berry Center

I think the Dallas Metroplex has the nicest stadiums and Allen is going to blow stadiums out of the water and they do have the money.  Also, Leander ISD in the Austin area have nice stadiums.

Beaumont will have the nicest stadium in this area unless you factor in everything, then I don't know who. PNG IMO has the best crowd enviroment, but with a back drop of plants, and lack of parking makes it a little less.

Silsbee, very nice stadium, but small.  Beaumont nice stadium, but the stands may be uneven because of the soil, I-10 traffic all game long, and the stands won't be filled unless PNG, or Nederland play there. Heck I don't know you make the call.
[/quote]The Beaumont bowl games packs the stadium.  Don't know where you get your information from expecially knowing that you grew up here in Beaumont.  And there will be no uneven stands or what not.  Butch Stadium will be the Jewel of SETX.  I like PN-G's stadium, but parking on the side of the road can be a pain.  Silsbee Stadium is a very good 3a stadium.  

I was kidding about uneven stands due to the field having issues. It's pretty close to I-10, but will be probably the nicest. Silsbee stadium is bigger than what I thought, my bad. I do remember Beaumont Bowl games as I played in them, but other then that, the Beaumont schools don't pack the stands.
[/quote]

I walked up the hill today at the BISD stadium, WOW it's better than Galena park (North Shore) already and it's not even complete. I love the way they have the concession stand in between the two levels right behind the reserved section. I think it's even better than Woodforest in the Woodlands (Conroe).

[quote name="CHSJAGS1999" post="824278" timestamp="1281446259"]
The stadium in Katy is pretty nice. Central played there about 3 years ago in the 3rd round playoffs if memory serves me correctly. Jack Rhodes Memorial Stadium
[/quote]

I agree, Rhodes is a pretty nice stadium, although I would put it more in the class of a Tully Stadium, which is also nice but not like one of these Taj Mahals that have been going on around us here.  I am a bit surprised that they didn't opt for one when they built the Merrill Center.....lord knows we pay enough school taxes here in Katy to build it!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="824294" timestamp="1281449965"]
[quote author=CHSJAGS1999 link=topic=71348.msg824278#msg824278 date=1281446259]
The stadium in Katy is pretty nice. Central played there about 3 years ago in the 3rd round playoffs if memory serves me correctly. Jack Rhodes Memorial Stadium
[/quote]

I agree, Rhodes is a pretty nice stadium, although I would put it more in the class of a Tully Stadium, which is also nice but not like one of these Taj Mahals that have been going on around us here.  I am a bit surprised that they didn't opt for one when they built the Merrill Center.....lord knows we pay enough school taxes here in Katy to build it!
[/quote]

When ya'll pass that next bond you will get the next Taj Mahal in Katy ;)

When field turf gets put down at Tiger Stadium in Silsbee, I would put it up against any 3A stadium in the state.

Plans to lay turf for this upcoming season had to be put back due to some problems elsewhere (baseball field and light poles). But based on what I am hearing, I am convinced that turf will be in Tiger Stadium within the next two seasons.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="824295" timestamp="1281450076"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=71348.msg824294#msg824294 date=1281449965]
[quote author=CHSJAGS1999 link=topic=71348.msg824278#msg824278 date=1281446259]
[/quote]
You just had to go there!!!

[/quote]

When ya'll pass that next bond you will get the next Taj Mahal in Katy ;)
[/quote]

Hey WOSgrad, I use to live in Katy, Grand Lakes, and I feel your pain. Heck, I had to pay $1,000 a year HOA dues and then around $8,000 in taxes. The neighborhood and schools were worth every penny though. Maybe one of these days we'll be back in Katy after ya'll get the tax rate down :D The last I checked the November bond was going to be about $300 million with HS #7, stadium, and some other schools. I can only imagine what the stadium will look like, and it's going on the south side of I-10. So you know it's going to be nice to keep the Cinco Ranch and Seven Lakes parents happy.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="824339" timestamp="1281461951"]
Hey WOSgrad, I use to live in Katy, Grand Lakes, and I feel your pain. Heck, I had to pay $1,000 a year HOA dues and then around $8,000 in taxes. The neighborhood and schools were worth every penny though. Maybe one of these days we'll be back in Katy after ya'll get the tax rate down :D The last I checked the November bond was going to be about $300 million with HS #7, stadium, and some other schools. I can only imagine what the stadium will look like, and it's going on the south side of I-10. So you know it's going to be nice to keep the Cinco Ranch and Seven Lakes parents happy.
[/quote]

Oh, you know.  Heck, that thing might have a retractable roof, LOL!

[quote name="The GOAT" post="824229" timestamp="1281409757"]
I walked up the hill today at the BISD stadium, WOW it's better than Galena park (North Shore) already and it's not even complete. I love the way they have the concession stand in between the two levels right behind the reserved section. I think it's even better than Woodforest in the Woodlands (Conroe).
[/quote]

I talked to an Inside source today..The Done Date has changed, And dont be surprised if it does again..
But I was told Their Putting the Rubber down now and the Turf is going down this weekend..And Its gone to be done intime
for the 1st game..I havent been up their yet But I plan on it..I heard its nice..

[quote name="D3zii" post="824528" timestamp="1281503124"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=71348.msg824229#msg824229 date=1281409757]
[/quote]

I talked to an Inside source today..The Done Date has changed, And dont be surprised if it does again..
But I was told Their Putting the Rubber down now and the Turf is going down this weekend..And Its gone to be done intime
for the 1st game..I havent been up their yet But I plan on it..I heard its nice..
[/quote]The rubber was going down monday morning, so i would think they were ahead of schedule. It's gonna be close. They worked on our new pressbox up until kick off last season, matter of fact they are adding the letters to the face of the pressbox this week.

[quote name="The GOAT" post="824584" timestamp="1281538076"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=71348.msg824528#msg824528 date=1281503124]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=71348.msg824229#msg824229 date=1281409757]
[/quote]

[/quote]The rubber was going down monday morning, so i would think they were ahead of schedule. It's gonna be close. They worked on our new pressbox up until kick off last season, matter of fact they are adding the letters to the face of the pressbox this week.
[/quote]ours??

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="824297" timestamp="1281450270"]
When field turf gets put down at Tiger Stadium in Silsbee, I would put it up against any 3A stadium in the state.

Plans to lay turf for this upcoming season had to be put back due to some problems elsewhere (baseball field and light poles). But based on what I am hearing, I am convinced that turf will be in Tiger Stadium within the next two seasons.
[/quote]

New scoreboard + Sound System + Turf  = Best 3a stadium in Texas

[quote name="Tiger05" post="824655" timestamp="1281556213"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=71348.msg824297#msg824297 date=1281450270]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about Navasota?

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="824663" timestamp="1281558083"]
[quote author=Tiger05 link=topic=71348.msg824655#msg824655 date=1281556213]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=71348.msg824297#msg824297 date=1281450270]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about Navasota?
[/quote]
Navasota is nice but if Silsbee acquired all of the above I think it would put them on top  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Israel is a very important ally to the US, in terms of security, intelligence gathering and many actions that have hindered nuclear proliferation in the Middle East.  Are they our most important, don't know, but I don't see the UK taking care of some of the problems Israel does, yet they are still a very important ally, I think it's a silly argument. To say that the Middle East is not as close to a global threat as Russia and China may be true today, but if Iran develops nuclear weapons, it will be at the disposal of maniacs that will fly into buildings screaming Allahu Akbar and fully expecting to see their 70 virgins on the other side.  Israel has played a big part in keeping that from happening.  China and Russia have restraints in place that the religious fanatics do not, that places the global threat from them on a whole new level, imo.  Not to mention the countless terrorist organizations they fund globally, with US money, I will add. Not sure the necessity to rate our allies, they're all important.
    • The Middle East is not close and have never been close to a threat on a global (or most important US threat as Russia china) you think the government is more concerned with the Middle East over them? And if either two attacked,Israel wouldn’t be on anybody mind. the UK would and it’s not close the uk is our greatest ally even in the Middle East Uk is our greatest ally. Other than political talking points what have the state of Israel done for the US.   Side bar I started a thread awhile ago about Israel . Few responses.. why is a Christian nation so Eager to defined those who consider the phrases king Jesus, Christ is king offensive.    If we can protest Ukraine we should be able to protest the state of Israel. Take away religion and there the exact same.
    • It's 2 towns trying to get tickets all at the same time. We have a history of crashing sites..lol
    • The problem as well as that all of the social justice warriors, influencers, and instigators repeat these lies in the immediate days after the event, garnering outrage.  But when they're proven false they never go back and rescind their outrage-causing posts, they just move on to the next one.
    • I just find it really hard to believe that Trump will select a VP based on the votes they bring him.  He's going to want a Trumper that will affirm his every move and stoke his ego.  I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I doubt it.  And as you said, in these battle ground states a few tenths of a % point may be enough to swing the whole election.  Trump can't afford a VP who will cost him votes (Noem would cost him full points, not just tenths), but also needs a candidate that will bring in as many votes as possible.  So hopefully whichever Trump disciple he chooses has some political appeal to swing voters.
  • Topics