west orange stark @ friendswood @ Deer Park

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="820672" timestamp="1280176111"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=71184.msg820668#msg820668 date=1280175392]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=71184.msg820663#msg820663 date=1280174914]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=71184.msg820660#msg820660 date=1280174560]
[quote author=griff link=topic=71184.msg820551#msg820551 date=1280148310]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=71184.msg820542#msg820542 date=1280146446]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=71184.msg820535#msg820535 date=1280139564]
What you were referring to I think was a scrimmage 1 of those years.But the 2 have always played tuff/close games most years and nobody counts scrimmages as win/loss.
[/quote]

Don't believe that, they counted the BH scrimmages every year and it was not even a game type scrimmage. Anything to pad the already padded "81% winning record" that does not count most of their school history.   ;) ;)
[/quote]
liltex, this guy just can't hold back his bitterness toward WO-S.  I remember his words on this message board right before WO-S scrimmaged BH for the first time, "Get ready for some real competition."  True to his typical retarded predictions, BH got spanked.  In fact, BH has scored only seven (7) points in all our scrimmages combined.  No one counts scrimmages in the record books, but if BH would have "won" the scrimmage (dreaming, of course), bh89-2 would have announced over and over that BH "won" this thing, and in his mind it would have counted as a real game.  If we would have played BH in two-hand touch, flag football, 7 on 7, a or a traditional scrimmage format, it would not have mattered.  Same outcome.  For his sake, it's a good thing these were NOT real games, but if they would have been, we know what the obvious result would have been.  bh89-2, scrimmaging the Eagles was such a distant memory until you brought it up again.  Thanks for reminding us that we have a 100% winning percentage in scrimmages against your team, but who's counting.  :D :D :D

[/quote]

I am not counting WOS's record against C.E. King either, where WOS was outscored 88 to 21 in three games.  ;D ;D ;D  Or that 52 -29 beat down Wimberley gave WOS.  Or even better, how about the loss WOS took to the Mighty Huffman Falcons in 2004.  In the words of my Kirbyville friends, WOS who?   ;) 

[/quote]

Funny you mention Kirbyville.  There is somewhat of a common thread there...Kirbyville has never beat WO-S....and Barbers Hill has never beat Kirbyville.
[/quote]

Kirbyville friends??   Thats what i was gonna say WOSGRAD!  The only thing we have in common is neither of us can beat WOS!   You see the difference is Kville can actually beat teams from the Triangle!  BH just sits on the other side of the river and uses Dayton's success as their own. 
[/quote]

Yes, I did notice that ryker.  I won't lump him with other BH folks, though.  He is in a league of his own. 
[/quote]
So true, Grad.  It's a classic case of, "If you can't beat 'em, HATE 'em."

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking FW by 14. Our Oline and Dline will be really good. We have strong receivers returning and 4 or 5 new kids who will catch some passes. Our QB, Pete Maetzold, is really good, better than folks think! We will see, but the team could be pretty good this year. PS to the poster who said we struggle with Dawson, new school as it is, they are pretty good - regional finalists! They got a ton of the right Pearland talent. PS - Manvel got a ton of Alvin talent and is really good also. Alot of teams will struggle with them.

i will say this about wo-s,thay play some (VERY GOOD TEAMS ALSO).i am sure FW is very good as i have read on some of the poster have put up. FW is yes a 4A team and are picked to win there dist.over the years wo-s has beating a couple of 4A teams  one are two lol, i am just hopeing we can stay close with your FW mustangs

With the caveat that WO-S is one of the few SETX teams I have not seen play in person in he last few years (so I have to go with what I read about them), I do not see them being able to hang with Friendswood.  The lines on both sides of the ball for Friendswood look to be big, fast and strong, and there is a lot a talent and speed at the skill positions.  And, with a year under his belt, Maetzold will be much more consistently good this year.

My prediction is that Friendswood will win by 20 plus points. 

back up the score my friend FW will (NOT) win by 20 points.lets talk a little about this, speed and how big a line your team has is very nice. but look at it this way if you like to, wo-s has always played teams with SPEED and BIG kids so this is not new to hooks and his coaching staff, lets hope for a good close game

[quote name="Gasilla" post="821327" timestamp="1280288259"]
Been gone nearly a year and it's amazing how things stay the same... [b]Aggies is still following coop around sniping every post he makes[/b] and BH fans still chime in on posts that don't concern them... Until next time... Peace out!!!
[/quote]

But Gas, you know that's my job. ;D

Guest hardcore
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="820187" timestamp="1279989436"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=71184.msg820181#msg820181 date=1279988157]
Depth will be huge in this game in favor of Friendswood.
[/quote]

He asked you who would win this game, not who had the most depth. ::)
[/quote]Depth plays a important role in who will win. If you cannot give your players the proper rest during a game the outcome could be favorable for the opposing team who has the most depth. Look it up in 101 high school football manual. :D

Playing on Friendswood's home turf is real tough. They have had our number (Angleton) for a while at Henry Winston up until last year when we beat them by a good margin, but even then in that game, the Mustangs gave us a scare. On the other hand, we have had their number when we played them in Angleton the past few years when Karam was their QB. If they were playing at WOS, I think WOS could escape with a win, but I'll take Friendswood at home, especially if Angleton hangs a loss on them in week 0. They wouldn't want to go 0-2 to start the season.

people in the friendswood area are predicting the mustangs to be a pretty special team over the next few years. apparently they have a wealth of young talent and they have been dominant. this info comese from people that support other teams in the area so no bias.  i personally dont see a 3a school going in there and winning but thats why they play the game

i just looked at fw schedule, i would have to rank wos 3rd as far as non conference goes.  angleton would be 1, houston stratford(potential surprise team coming down from 5a) at two and a poor 5a channelview 4th.  i thought dayton always played fw what happen to that matchup?  that was a good one.  fw conference will be brutal theres not to many breaks in that schedule
  dawson will be good and i hear alot of excitement for manvel
  galv. ball is also coming in but i dont think they will quite as good as the above three.  its strange when you dont even consider tc and lamarque to be a threat but im sure they will find a way to be very competitive.  hs version pf the sec.

[quote name="skipper" post="821575" timestamp="1280359007"]
the way its looking now,FW will be the best team wo-s plays this year. i wounder how nederland a 4A school thinks about that  and there is another team wo-s plays that are also big and fast is it giddings.
[/quote] WOS Wins !! Tradition and Powerhouse !! One of the winningest programs ever !!!!!!

[quote name="skipper" post="821409" timestamp="1280326084"]
if you like to talk about speed and BIG FAST linemen and backs,wo-s will tell you to take a look at silsbee,kirbyville and jasper
[/quote]

No offense intended (although I am certain it will be taken), but you are kind of making my point.  You think of teams like Silsbee, Kirbyville and Jasper when someone mentions that Friendswood is a big, fast team.  Ask your friends from Dayton -- which has been the most accomplished SETX team over the last 5 years if not longer -- whether those types of teams are comparable to what the typical Friendswood teams brings to the field. 

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="821806" timestamp="1280426221"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=71184.msg821409#msg821409 date=1280326084]
if you like to talk about speed and BIG FAST linemen and backs,wo-s will tell you to take a look at silsbee,kirbyville and jasper
[/quote]

No offense intended (although I am certain it will be taken), but you are kind of making my point.  You think of teams like Silsbee, Kirbyville and Jasper when someone mentions that Friendswood is a big, fast team.  Ask your friends from Dayton -- which has been the most accomplished SETX team over the last 5 years if not longer -- whether those types of teams are comparable to what the typical Friendswood teams brings to the field. 

[/quote]

None taken, here.  Although WO-S does match up with Friendswood speed wise (team speed has never been a problem at WO-S), there is no doubt that Friendswood will be the biggest team WO-S faces (both in number of players and size on the field).  I fully accept the fact that very few outside of the cities of Orange, West Orange and Pinehurst actually expect WO-S to win this one.  For anyone to think different would be foolish. 

Which is one of the things that makes it a dangerous one for Friendswood.  WO-S really doesn't have anything to lose.  If Friendswood wins! Hey! They were supposed to!  If they lose, you start talking about a huge upset going which provides that much extra of a confidence boost for the Mustangs along the Sabine.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="821818" timestamp="1280427814"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=71184.msg821806#msg821806 date=1280426221]
[/quote]

[/quote]

None taken, here.  Although WO-S does match up with Friendswood speed wise (team speed has never been a problem at WO-S), there is no doubt that Friendswood will be the biggest team WO-S faces (both in number of players and size on the field).  I fully accept the fact that very few outside of the cities of Orange, West Orange and Pinehurst actually expect WO-S to win this one.  For anyone to think different would be foolish. 

Which is one of the things that makes it a dangerous one for Friendswood.  WO-S really doesn't have anything to lose.  If Friendswood wins! Hey! They were supposed to!  If they lose, you start talking about a huge upset going which provides that much extra of a confidence boost for the Mustangs along the Sabine.
[/quote]

All so very true, Grad. But I bet there will still be one or two WOS fans(you know who they are) that will come up with some excuses if WOS loses this game. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="821829" timestamp="1280429257"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=71184.msg821818#msg821818 date=1280427814]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=71184.msg821806#msg821806 date=1280426221]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All so very true, Grad. But I bet there will still be one or two WOS fans(you know who they are) that will come up with some excuses if WOS loses this game. ;)
[/quote] :D :D :D :D

Stratford will not be a surprise - they are state ranked and very highly regarded. Very tough schedule! Will be a fun year!

[quote name="rjn75" post="821573" timestamp="1280358845"]
i just looked at fw schedule, i would have to rank wos 3rd as far as non conference goes.  angleton would be 1, houston stratford(potential surprise team coming down from 5a) at two and a poor 5a channelview 4th.  i thought dayton always played fw what happen to that matchup?  that was a good one.  fw conference will be brutal theres not to many breaks in that schedule
 dawson will be good and i hear alot of excitement for manvel
 galv. ball is also coming in but i dont think they will quite as good as the above three.  its strange when you dont even consider tc and lamarque to be a threat but im sure they will find a way to be very competitive.  hs version pf the sec.

[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder