west orange stark @ friendswood @ Deer Park

[quote name="WO-S 89" post="820262" timestamp="1280015855"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=71184.msg820255#msg820255 date=1280014638]
exactly lets face it this is a verygood  4 a  school, and as you know wos isnt what it used to be strong for a 3a school but i dont think they have the depth to hang with friendswood just my opinion
[/quote]

WO-S seems to always be playing the numbers games in non-district but seems to manager to beat some really GOOD teams in 4A Dayton and 4A Nederland over the years. Both of them teams double WO-S in enrollment and football players.
[/quote] Very true!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="820273" timestamp="1280020674"]
[quote author=WO-S 89 link=topic=71184.msg820262#msg820262 date=1280015855]
exactly lets face it this is a verygood  4 a  school, and as you know wos isnt what it used to be strong for a 3a school but i dont think they have the depth to hang with friendswood just my opinion
[/quote]

WO-S seems to always be playing the numbers games in non-district but seems to manager to beat some really GOOD teams in 4A Dayton and 4A Nederland over the years. Both of them teams double WO-S in enrollment and football players.
[/quote] Very true!
[/quote]

I also think the reason WO-S does good against the bigger schools early in the season is because come 4th quarter WO-S is the better Conditioned team along with Cornel making his def. adjustment.

[quote name="WO-S 89" post="820278" timestamp="1280022723"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=71184.msg820273#msg820273 date=1280020674]
[quote author=WO-S 89 link=topic=71184.msg820262#msg820262 date=1280015855]
[/quote]

[/quote] Very true!
[/quote] True as well. I remember against Dayton a few years back in Dayton that was the case.

I also think the reason WO-S does good against the bigger schools early in the season is because come 4th quarter WO-S is the better Conditioned team along with Cornel making his def. adjustment.
[/quote]

i am very sure that friendswood is a VERY good and well coached team .i dont know how big a 4A school thay are ,but i do feel west orange can stay with them (I HOPE LOL). the heart and soul of the mustangs over the years has been there DEF  thats becouse the mustangs have been blessed to have one of the best  coaches around ----------------- coach thompson .i am jumping ahead of myself a VERYGOOD THEAM called nederland comes first and that should be a good one over in nederland

Ok we know friendswood fan is listening but WOS plays Nederland gm.0 and that is gonna be a real good game just watch.Guess the WOS coaches will be in Dayton on back to back fridays for a scimm.vs.Dayt.aug.14-then to scout Ned.vs.Dayt.aug.20.Back on topic both have good coaching and tradition and it will come down as to which team has the least amount of turnovers.The Mustangs bread/butter is the pass slow that down ,running force them inside the tackles and beware of the short screen.Why am I sayin this the WOS coaching staff don't need nobody's advice, but thought the posters might want to know.

[quote name="rschuldt" post="820333" timestamp="1280072670"]
I think that Friendswood will take this game. They have beat Dayton since I can remember and Dayton beat WO-S when we played in 22-4A. So I think Friendswood will win, hand down.
[/quote]

When did Dayton beat WO-S.

on aug 14th when west orange goes over to dayton,a school that has some BIG FAST KIDS,the coaching staff at west orange will have a first hand look to see if there kids can hold up to size.after its over, then the work that MUST be done will start.wo-s over the years have always had small kids ,well maybe a few big ones lol

the drive, heart, and will to win faultered alot last year for the stangs. you can teach these kids how to catch, throw, and block but you cant teach them to care and have heart. if the old wos winning attitude and swagger is back, WATCH OUT! if not it could possibly be a long disappointing season.  jmo

[quote name="venom33" post="820368" timestamp="1280080147"]
the drive, heart, and will to win faultered alot last year for the stangs. you can teach these kids how to catch, throw, and block but you cant teach them to care and have heart. if the old wos winning attitude and swagger is back, WATCH OUT! if not it could possibly be a long disappointing season.  jmo
[/quote]

Hmmmm.... interesting. ;)

Well said, venom.

In 2000 I remember Friendswood had the harleys roaring when they came on the field.  They also ran some kind of swinging gate play or whatever, they just forgot to put a man named Paul Thomas in their playbook.  WO-S will have their hands full in this one.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="820380" timestamp="1280082019"]
[quote author=WO-S 89 link=topic=71184.msg820376#msg820376 date=1280081659]
Is Freindswood football field grass or turf.
[/quote]FW plays on Artificial surface (turf).
[/quote]

Good---It sounds like we need all the help we can get against the bigger Freindswood team.  :)

WOS beating them won't be easy as FW lately has been having a tuff time down there w/the new 4A schools Dawson & Manvel which are exp.large growth + having good teams and the mustangs are on the offensive to try to keep their record intact.A WOS win would be a big blow to their pride and then we get to hear it from their football guru fwf 8) :D :D ::)

Returners for both teams:

Friendswood  (1980)

23 letterman 

starters      8 offensive    4 defensive

WOS (699)

20 letterman

starters      6 offensive  7 defensive

Friendswood is picked to win district 24-4A according to DCTF.

Here is the picks:

1. Friendswood
2. Pearland Dawson
3. La Marque
4. Manvel
5. Galveston Ball
6. Texas City
7. Santa Fe

I say Friendswood will have a little too much offense for WOS to keep up with. Friendswood takes it, 28-21.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="820428" timestamp="1280091106"]
Returners for both teams:

Friendswood  (1980)

23 letterman  

starters      8 offensive    4 defensive

WOS (699)

20 letterman

starters      6 offensive   7 defensive

Friendswood is picked to win district 24-4A according to DCTF.

Here is the picks:

1. Friendswood
2. Pearland Dawson
3. La Marque
4. Manvel
5. Galveston Ball
6. Texas City
7. Santa Fe

I say Friendswood will have a little too much offense for WOS to keep up with. Friendswood takes it, 28-21.
[/quote]

What was Hooks thinking when he sch. Friendswood. I do remember a few years back WO-S beat the local 4A district champs a couple of time. I still like WO-S chances against the other Mustang team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833