Games you wish you could re-live as a fan one more time

My favorite Dayton Bronco game to relive would be the 63 to 0 win over the Nederland Bulldogs on their home turf.  Watching all those Bronco touchdowns over again on the Bulldogs new jumbotron was a real treat.

My favorite PN-G game would be any of the 1970 playoff games played at the Astrodome.  Talk about some AWEsome memories of 20,000 plus fans all clapping to Cherokee.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="815617" timestamp="1278012102"]
PNG w/ Dustin Long @ QB  vs Stephenville w/ Kendall Briles @ QB in the Astrodome.
Unbelievable, electric atmosphere.
[/quote]I seen that game ..WOW That QB from stephenville was the real deal

[quote name="BHFAN" post="815597" timestamp="1278002139"]
North Shore Vs. Houston Madison! Not sure of the year ,but it was my first time to see Vince Young. The game was at the Dome and ended up somethin like 63-61 Madison. Both teams were highly athletic and couldn't stop each other it was just a track meet!!!
[/quote]

I was at this game. Would love to see it again. It was VY's high school Rose Bowl.

this is for the png fans, doug etheridge last game 1983-84 showdown png vs tj winner goes to the dome loser goes home, lil patrick richard goes off and sends the indians, but png had a big time qb in denny duhon a great game

[quote name="barberosa" post="815712" timestamp="1278042114"]
76-Bmt. Hebert 15 vs Humble 13
76- Humble 28 vs Huntsville 25
80 or so  Bay Lee 29-LaPorte 28
Aldine 14-Kingwood 7 the year Aldine won the national championship
would for sure like to see Plano East and John Tyler- I left with six minutes to go with JT way ahead to beat the traffic and a long drive back to Bmt after watching games all day at tx stadium
[/quote]

1979 in the Dome.
I was only 4 years old at the time, so I don't have a great recollection of the LP-Lee game.
But I did have a dad that lived and breathed Baytown Lee football.
[img]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb207/panamamyers/lee-lp.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb207/panamamyers/Lee2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb207/panamamyers/Lee.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb207/panamamyers/Lee4.jpg[/img]

[quote name="sfa87" post="815813" timestamp="1278107551"]
sfa vs crockett 2nd round early 4th, coach marler please take me out tha game we up 28-0, i get hurt n out da rest of tha playoffs, and sfa vs cuero, wouldve been a different game if i was healthy i promise you
[/quote]
was you any good?  lol.  so i don't remember because you didn't play with us.  still love ya though griggs. and tell sfa85 he was  "ok". :D oh and by the way one of the best running backs in the area is still Brian McZeal.

08- Central-Angleton
Heart breaking loss for the cats. If only the cats had a kicker then it wouldve set up a rematch with district rival friendswood in the regional final. the cats were set on a rematch cuz they felt they never got the recognition they deserved considering they were the only team to beat fwood in the regular season and at that time they were ranked 10th in the state

2000 Semi Final game between WOS and CC Callalen in the Dome. We won with a drive with 1:40 left on the clock I believe. I was home for the hollidays, and decided to go watch my alma matter. It was a slugfest the whole game, and then Callalen scored with about 2 min left. We were all just decemated. then we get the kickoff and had I believe 80 yrds to go. That was probably the only time I have ever seen WOS execute a 2 min drill.

[quote name="GTBaseball47" post="815779" timestamp="1278091044"]
The 1975 game between Nederland & PNG. Only this time the refs make the right call.
[/quote]
I think you mean the 1974 game.

The game I like is the 1999 Semi final game PNG vs. Schertz Clemens.

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="816400" timestamp="1278430016"]
08- Central-Angleton
Heart breaking loss for the cats. If only the cats had a kicker then it wouldve set up a rematch with district rival friendswood in the regional final. the cats were set on a rematch cuz they felt they never got the recognition they deserved considering they were the only team to beat fwood in the regular season and at that time they were ranked 10th in the state
[/quote]Yea, that was a good game.  Also, that 2008 Angleton team did get a lot of recognition.  Everybody knew who they were.  But you forgot about that big screen pass that set up the win for the Jags...

[quote name="kicker" post="816408" timestamp="1278430975"]
2000 Semi Final game between WOS and CC Callalen in the Dome. We won with a drive with 1:40 left on the clock I believe. I was home for the hollidays, and decided to go watch my alma matter. It was a slugfest the whole game, and then Callalen scored with about 2 min left. We were all just decemated. then we get the kickoff and had I believe 80 yrds to go. That was probably the only time I have ever seen WOS execute a 2 min drill.
[/quote]

Don't remind me.After Cal. scored I was going to beat the crowd because they had that ground game that just ate up the clock the whole game, so I left.I was close to Beaumont when I heard the score about an hour later and liked to have wrecked my truck.DON'T LEAVE UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS. ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="816413" timestamp="1278432039"]
[quote author=Wildcat979 link=topic=70738.msg816400#msg816400 date=1278430016]
08- Central-Angleton
[/quote]Yea, that was a good game.  Also, that 2008 Angleton team did get a lot of recognition.  Everybody knew who they were.  But you forgot about that big screen pass that set up the win for the Jags...
[/quote]

not the recogniton like friendswood got. yea that screen pass was a killer considering it was how they got 60 of the 90 yards in the 2nd half. the cats d really stepped up in the 2nd half

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="816420" timestamp="1278432844"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=70738.msg816413#msg816413 date=1278432039]
[quote author=Wildcat979 link=topic=70738.msg816400#msg816400 date=1278430016]
08- Central-Angleton
[/quote]

not the recogniton like friendswood got. yea that screen pass was a killer considering it was how they got 60 of the 90 yards in the 2nd half. the cats d really stepped up in the 2nd half
[/quote]Yes, it did.  At one point, it seemed like we would run away with it in the first half.  Defense did stiffen in the second half...

GODogs27:

"2001 Playoffs - Nederland vs. Magnolia (or Friendswood).. cant remember which game it was but we were significant underdogs in whichever one it was that im thinking of.."

That was the Quarter finals of the D2 4A Friendswood was ranked 7th.  We won 25-0. I remember they blew all 3 time outs within the first 2 minutes of the first quarter.  That was the second time we played at Rice. We had a scare the week before because we fumbled in the endzone and kick the ball out for a safety when playing Belton. The D held and we won by two or three.

I MISS those NEDERLAND/PNG double headers at Rice. That is my favorite stadium to watch our games at. It big, never a bad seat, and echoes when fans get loud.

[quote name="D3zii" post="817226" timestamp="1278740062"]
Hey Wildcast979,,Hows Angelton gone to look this year in their new District. In your Opinion..
They Had another Angelton Fan on here buh they dont get on here much..
[/quote]

Their new district is totally different then last years but will still be a tough one. Honestly I only see El Campo giving us fits and we play them the first week in district after a brutal pre-district schedule so we will be ready. IMO the only 2 teams to give Angleton and El Campo a test is Foster and Terry but even thats a long shot. Lamar Consolidated is supposed to be down this year i think they return under 10 players and are gonna be under a new coach this year. So its almost safe to say that the Cats' and Quandre Diggs will win their 3rd straight district title under Coach V and hopefully we see one of yall SETX schools in the 3rd rd

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="817640" timestamp="1278953486"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=70738.msg817226#msg817226 date=1278740062]
Hey Wildcast979,,Hows Angelton gone to look this year in their new District. In your Opinion..
They Had another Angelton Fan on here buh they dont get on here much..
[/quote]

Their new district is totally different then last years but will still be a tough one. Honestly I only see El Campo giving us fits and we play them the first week in district after a brutal pre-district schedule so we will be ready. IMO the only 2 teams to give Angleton and El Campo a test is Foster and Terry but even thats a long shot. Lamar Consolidated is supposed to be down this year i think they return under 10 players and are gonna be under a new coach this year. So its almost safe to say that the Cats' and Quandre Diggs will win their 3rd straight district title under Coach V and hopefully we see one of yall SETX schools in the 3rd rd
[/quote]

Maybe in division one, but if Angleton goes division 2, you're going to have to settle for a rematch against us.   ;D ;) I don't see Lamar Consolidated making the playoffs though, but if they do make it and Foster makes it, i'll be looking forward to the rematch with you guys.

Guest gladiator2
Cuero vs. SFA, No way one guy would have made a difference in that game. John Evan's was the best defensive guy on that team and he got trucked by Robert Strait more than once. Wasn't the final like 35-0. I believe SFA would have needed much more.

Now PNG VS. Stephenville was just an awesome game. If we only could have that 4th and 21 back when Brile's pulled several houdini act's to make a play and get that first down. Unbelievable atmosphere and game!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder