Stone Pondering Resignation

[quote name="PNG1992" post="808156" timestamp="1275419992"]
[quote author=Gabe link=topic=70176.msg808152#msg808152 date=1275419674]
I could tell a co-worker I'm quitting right now but wouldn't only be official if and when I told my boss and officially put in my resignation and made it public?

[/quote]

I agree with you, but if somone reports that you told a co-worker you quit followed by "If this info is true...."  then whats the problem?  Again, I'm assuming you guys are talking about the story on another site if this is not the case then I apologize.  I just dont see the issue here thats just how I read it.
[/quote]

Let's state facts, 1992.  The reason for the crawfish is that you are the admin of the message board that first reported this "story."  In fact, you tried to post the link to that topic on that message board here on Sunday night and I yanked it down.....

Isn't it interesting that the website that adminbaberuth quoted and the messageboard you operate are both supported by KBTV?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="808163" timestamp="1275421316"]
[quote author=PNG1992 link=topic=70176.msg808156#msg808156 date=1275419992]
I could tell a co-worker I'm quitting right now but wouldn't only be official if and when I told my boss and officially put in my resignation and made it public?

[/quote]

I agree with you, but if somone reports that you told a co-worker you quit followed by "If this info is true...."  then whats the problem?  Again, I'm assuming you guys are talking about the story on another site if this is not the case then I apologize.  I just dont see the issue here thats just how I read it.
[/quote]

Let's state facts, 1992.  The reason for the crawfish is that you are the admin of the message board that first reported this "story."  In fact, you tried to post the link to that topic on that message board here on Sunday night and I yanked it down.....

Isn't it interesting that the website that adminbaberuth quoted and the messageboard you operate are both supported by KBTV?
[/quote]

I dont see the big deal.  Another site got some inside information and posted it.  If I get information that hasnt been posted here before, am I not allowed to post it or provide a link to a source that is reporting it?  I dont get it.  I thought this was a SETX Sports message board not an extension of KFDM or the Enterprise.   

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="808163" timestamp="1275421316"]
[quote author=PNG1992 link=topic=70176.msg808156#msg808156 date=1275419992]

[/quote]

I agree with you, but if somone reports that you told a co-worker you quit followed by "If this info is true...."  then whats the problem?  Again, I'm assuming you guys are talking about the story on another site if this is not the case then I apologize.  I just dont see the issue here thats just how I read it.
[/quote]

Let's state facts, 1992.  The reason for the crawfish is that you are the admin of the message board that first reported this "story."  In fact, you tried to post the link to that topic on that message board here on Sunday night and I yanked it down.....

[/quote]

you want to start throwing out info that you have no idea about??

First, whos crawfishing grad?? The "story" is up and it says nothing but a true statement that was verified.
Second, you have no idea who I am and what I'm admin of.  The only site I have admin privledges on is Orangebloods.com. A relative started another sports website so yes i will support and post on it but still post here regularly as I have for many years.
Third,  I see plenty of news links posted on this forum from many different outlets yet you yank what many would consider big area news because it comes from another sports website? Then on top of it harass me twice now in the process??

Whatever.  Ill be the bigger guy and shut up about it.  

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="BCPEX" post="808175" timestamp="1275422760"]
Good job Orangeblood. Seems to me that Grad is upset that someone else beat him to the punch on some good reporting.Someone is being childish in my opinion. OOP's did I say that. I hope this doesn't get yanked.
[/quote]
Thats not the arguement here. Nothing has been confirmed by Coach Stone on this situation. On top of that why would anyone from Setxsports allow a link be posted from a competitor's website??

No one is upset about beating anyone to the punch people. We've had staff members that have known about this for a long time, however we would not break a story out of respect for Coach Stone without knowing 100% that he is okay with us doing it. There in lies the problem.

Coaches can make or break you, and we want to always do everything we can to keep the coaches happy with us..Breaking a news story is not that important, you're still posting about and discussing, right? That's all we care about.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="808180" timestamp="1275422977"]
[quote author=BCPEX link=topic=70176.msg808175#msg808175 date=1275422760]
Good job Orangeblood. Seems to me that Grad is upset that someone else beat him to the punch on some good reporting.Someone is being childish in my opinion. OOP's did I say that. I hope this doesn't get yanked.
[/quote]
Thats not the arguement here. Nothing has been confirmed by Coach Stone on this situation. On top of that why would anyone from Setxsports allow a link be posted from a competitor's website??
[/quote]
As far as I could see the story reported was accompanied by a question mark.  Like this... End of an Era?  That means there is question to whether the rumor is true or not.  Second, I posted the sites name and it got yanked.  No reason given.  I asked why and that got yanked as well.  No reason given.  Then someone from this site posts a video from the Fox newscast reporting this same story, and they give credit to the other site in that very video? 
What exactly is the problem with there being another website out there?  Why does anyone think they are a competitor and who gives a rats behind?  I am a member of this site, the other site, orangebloods, rivals, png, and even a couple more.  I contribute to all of them. That's what sports fans do.  Is it not ok to share?  Care bears taught me to share.  Care bear share. 
So what if you got scooped by a different site.  Someone was kind enough to share it on here for your members to discuss and it gets yanked down as if we live in a communist country.
Did Kraft do the same thing to Velveeta when they invented shells n cheese?  hell no.  WE all co-exist.  We're all Texans right?  Sports fans?
Sounds like a bunch of whiney babies getting their panties in a wad.

Bottom line is, we are not going to allow someone to post a link to another messageboard, particularly one that is a direct competitor with us, no matter what the story is.

We have no problem with other media outlets links being posted here with hot stories that we may have not known about. But it is not okay to post other messageboard links here.

Some folks would consider that spaming. ;)

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="babyshoe" post="808231" timestamp="1275427862"]
[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=70176.msg808180#msg808180 date=1275422977]
[quote author=BCPEX link=topic=70176.msg808175#msg808175 date=1275422760]
[/quote]
[/quote]
As far as I could see the story reported was accompanied by a question mark.  Like this... End of an Era?  That means there is question to whether the rumor is true or not.  Second, I posted the sites name and it got yanked.  No reason given.  I asked why and that got yanked as well.  No reason given.  Then someone from this site posts a video from the Fox newscast reporting this same story, and they give credit to the other site in that very video? 
What exactly is the problem with there being another website out there?  Why does anyone think they are a competitor and who gives a rats behind?  I am a member of this site, the other site, orangebloods, rivals, png, and even a couple more.  I contribute to all of them. That's what sports fans do.  Is it not ok to share?  Care bears taught me to share.  Care bear share. 
So what if you got scooped by a different site.  Someone was kind enough to share it on here for your members to discuss and it gets yanked down as if we live in a communist country.
Did Kraft do the same thing to Velveeta when they invented shells n cheese?  heck no.  WE all co-exist.  We're all Texans right?  Sports fans?
Sounds like a bunch of whiney babies getting their panties in a wad.
[/quote]
Its posted with a ? but the "television station" that the other websie is partners with had no problems reporting on it Sunday night. Why hasnt 6 or 12 said anything? And why should we allow a link to another messageboard in this area? Why is it we will get deleted on other area messageboards if we post a link to ours?? Its just not us.

Guest JoesBros
Now its about 99.9 % true that he is stepping down because Mike Friedman and Channel 6 actually talked to Coach Stone and Coach Stone said nothing is finalized yet. Cased Closed I guess  ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="808243" timestamp="1275429020"]
Bottom line is, we are not going to allow someone to post a link to another messageboard, particularly one that is a direct competitor with us, no matter what the story is.

We have no problem with other media outlets links being posted here with hot stories that we may have not known about. But it is not okay to post other messageboard links here.

Some folks would consider that spaming. ;)
[/quote]

Geeez, Coop spammed the he** out of the pngindians site for months when this site first started and IndianFan didn't ban him or prosecute him for it.
People visit this site no matter what as well as other sites.

[quote name="hookem14" post="808287" timestamp="1275438808"]
Why does setxsports.com feel like they are in competition with anyone, isn't this all about getting and sharing info.  Are we not all adults ?  Stop acting like 8 year olds !!!
[/quote]

Gentlemen and ladies, I recognize many of you from the many websites I have been on.  So I don't understand this all of a sudden wonderment and shock over a policy not to allow links from other message boards.  Most, if not all message boards that I have frequented have it and I can assure you that many of those other sites react much more violently than we do here.  And that is what happened here, someone gave a link to another message board.  

One of the reasons for that is because of exactly has happened here, a link to a message board with information that wasn't verifiable and two days after it was posted, we still do not know that it is the case.  In fact, the subject of the story has refused to confirm what can only be reported at this point as a rumor.  And folks, those who wish to get on my case please don't insult my intelligence and those on this board with what I now call the "?" defense.

Guest gladiator2
Maybe his contract run's until a certain date and for contractual reason's he has not made it public except to his team. Faircloth will be bringing someone from the outside in, you can count on it. Every coach that has come with him are great coaches and more importantly, they care about the kid's and the community.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="808294" timestamp="1275440376"]
[quote author=hookem14 link=topic=70176.msg808287#msg808287 date=1275438808]
Why does setxsports.com feel like they are in competition with anyone, isn't this all about getting and sharing info.  Are we not all adults ?  Stop acting like 8 year olds !!!
[/quote]

In fact, the subject of the story has refused to confirm what can only be reported at this point as a rumor.  And folks, those who wish to get on my case please don't insult my intelligence and those on this board with what I now call the "?" defense.
[/quote]

yea, it was a rumor.  It was reported he told the team after the game that he just coached his last game and the information was true.  Its nothing more than what is being reported here a day later. All the bickering over nothing really.

LINK: http://www.kfdm.com/sections/sports/ 

[quote name="games24x7" post="808300" timestamp="1275442703"]
Maybe his contract run's until a certain date and for contractual reason's he has not made it public except to his team. Faircloth will be bringing someone from the outside in, you can count on it. Every coach that has come with him are great coaches and more importantly, they care about the kid's and the community.
[/quote]

I can't name a baseball coach who hasn't paid their dues on the local scene including Coach Stone. It's none of our business who PNG hires, but Coach Brevell has definitely paid his dues and deserves the courtesy if Coach Stone does relinquish the reins.

I have been reading this thread without butting in for a while now, and I cant keep quiet anymore.  Couple of facts that seem to be missing from a lot of these posts.

A. Neither this site or the other site are channel stations.  They are two seperate entities.  There may be some support given by one or the other, which is most likely on a personal basis (friends).  So in the end, it doesnt matter what a TV station is reporting versus what is being talked about and written about on a fan based website.  Some people are talking like they are one in the same.

B. I am a member of Orangebloods and Aggieyell, and should I see something interesting from another site that the "fans" may want to read, I post it, without reprecussions.  As do many other people out there.  These are two of the biggest fan/blog sites out there, and a model that everyone else has followed.  So, what site is it that would take action against you if you posted a link to a competitor?

C. From what I read on the other site, I also saw the ? after the "End of an Era".  In the sports world, that is what you call a "hot rumor" based on some evidence.  In the end, aside from talking smack, the reason I join these type of sites is to get inside information that I can not get on the news.  Make no mistake about it, you are not the news.....You are a blog site, and this is what this is all about.

When Aggieyell gets some kind of inside info, they share it, we talk about it, and in the end, the news may not come true.........but, it was fun to talk about it.  

ESPN, all sportstalk radio, and most other media outlets, upon hearing a "hot rumor", will discuss it without regard as to who might read it or hear it.  Not quite sure why you guys think that you are somehow affilliated with coaches and must report only what they tell you.  If I want a fact based record report, I will read the PA News or Beaumont Enterprise.  

Guest gladiator2
Yes, Brevell has paid his dues and probally should have taken the BC job a couple of year's ago but he knew Stone would be leaving and under the old regime the job would be his if Stone endorsed it. But there is a new regime in town now and several people and player's don't believe Brevell is the man that Faircloth will want leading a new era. Inside source say's Faircloth will be bringing a new coach to the area. I'm sure we'll all know something real soon! 

[quote name="games24x7" post="808332" timestamp="1275450395"]
Yes, Brevell has paid his dues and probally should have taken the BC job a couple of year's ago but he knew Stone would be leaving and under the old regime the job would be his if Stone endorsed it. But there is a new regime in town now and several people and player's don't believe Brevell is the man that Faircloth will want leading a new era. Inside source say's Faircloth will be bringing a new coach to the area. I'm sure we'll all know something real soon! 
[/quote]

What if: 

Coach Stone wants to step out for just one year, then return or Coach Faircloth takes a better position, will his new baseball coach leave with him?

Guest baseball25
Brevell won 24 plus games every yr he was at  lumberton, and in his first yr his team went 24-4 and ranked number 2 in state most of the season, and then next yr they were top 10 in state and went atleast 3 rounds deep, the guy can get it done. 71-26 overall head coaching record is pretty good.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33