Future of BH Baseball program

Guest eagle0911

Guest GCMPats
Why?
10 consecutive years in the playoffs. Started mostly sophs and jrs and came within one game of the playoffs this year. Give the man a break.

[quote name="eagle99" post="798032" timestamp="1273088717"]
Should the baseball program go the way of the football program and move on to a new head coach?

[/quote]
The program is young in 09 they had 8 senior starters
they are young they should be fine the next couple years

I think heads should roll.

Lets start with eagle99.  You are fired from being a fan.  You are with us or you are against us.  "Us" includes the coach so you are fired.

Now for your other job.  The work day is not over and you are charged with personal use of the internet.  Therefore you are once again fired.

The coach with 100's of wins and numerous playoff appearances to his credit is spared.  He also gets an award for being a positive influence on the young people he comes in contact with.

Congrats Coach.  Keep up the good work and congrats on almost taking a team (that in most years at your school would have made up the majority of your jv team) to the playoffs.

Guest eagle0911
I'd venture to say that 10 years of playoff appearances is impressive,but that is more a product of having exceptional talent to put on the field year in and year out. The last couple of years it became more evident watching Rupp manage 2 and 3 steps ahead of Stabaum.

I'm jus sayin........

[quote name="retiredoldcoach" post="798046" timestamp="1273090887"]

Lets start with eagle99.  You are fired from being a fan.  You are with us or you are against us.  "Us" includes the coach so you are fired.

Now for your other job.  The work day is not over and you are charged with personal use of the internet.  Therefore you are once again fired.

The coach with 100's of wins and numerous playoff appearances to his credit is spared.  He also gets an award for being a positive influence on the young people he comes in contact with.

Congrats Coach.  Keep up the good work and congrats on almost taking a team (that in most years at your school would have made up the majority of your jv team) to the playoffs.
[/quote]

;D

Thats good.

I think if you look at his qualifications from a baseball stanpoint, he is very qualified.  Coach Byrd is a good man and cares about the kids.  I don't know if a change is needed or not, however if there was an opportunity to improve with a high quality person (someone like form CC Calallen, or Moody) then sure. Problem with baseball is the kids that are good are good because of what they do before and after baseball season.  Those that play a few months out of the year just don't match-up with those who play select ball year around.  The player development has to start at home and off the high school campus and continue there.  A high school coach is not going to make a division one pitcher with a few months a year worth of work, nor is he going to teach a kid to lay off a slider when a kids throwing 90 mph heat with it.  BH has a load of talent from junior high age on up, so baseball is going to be fine for a while to come.      

There are more than enough parents to weigh in on this one. You know me, I am like Bush, wack-m all........  ;D ;D Just kidding.

Guest eagle0911
[quote name="retiredoldcoach" post="798046" timestamp="1273090887"]

[/quote]

Easy there old timer....I must have hit a nerve.

Guest eagle0911
[quote name="retiredoldcoach" post="798053" timestamp="1273091838"]
Back in the old days if a grown man was going around town starting the conversation about how another grown man should be fired, the man doing the talking around town better have his head on a swivel due to the potential azz whippin he was fixin to take.

I am just sayin....
[/quote]

Time passes everybody and it ain't the old days. Get over it or move on....

I am not from BH but just a fan of the game who keeps up with local players. As for eagle99 you are the reason kids don't get better and a team is held back. You are what we as coaches like to call cancer you input it and weak people begin to spread it. If you were in the coaches position and missed playoffs by one game from what I have read with mostly underclassman would you think you should lose your job after 10 yrs of playoff appearances. You must be a fan of the Yankees because you want heads to roll just like they do every year they don't make it. I gurantee if you had a job where you were above average at it for over 10 years and then one year you are just average you will not be fired, what is the difference. Have you took a look at it could possibly be the kids not working as hard as they can? No it falls into the lap of the guy that has made it to the postseason 10 yrs in a row at one school, not many can say that. I personally have no clue who the guy is but wish to have the success he has had. Get off the computer and go try and coach and see how good you are. Better yet BH find this guy and cut him off or the cancer will grow till it festers and failure will follow. Retiredoldcoach I wish it were the old days because I know many people in BH prob would lay this man square on his back. He sounds like a woman starting drama and rumors.

Guest eagle0911
The question as it was originally presented was...Should a change be made in line with what was done
in the football program . Price had been just as successful as Stabaum ,yet he was unceremoniously
shown the door. Change happens ,that is not say it is always the right course. You either change with it or you stay stuck in the past.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="eagle99" post="798062" timestamp="1273093531"]
The question as it was originally presented was...Should a change be made in line with what was done
in the football program . Price had been just as successful as Stabaum ,yet he was unceremoniously
shown the door. Change happens ,that is not say it is always the right course. You either change with it or you stay stuck in the past.
[/quote]

There are a ton of schools that would love to be "stuck" in BH's past. Not to mention it's future.

[quote name="eagle99" post="798062" timestamp="1273093531"]
[/quote]

Don't crawfish outta what your intent was. Why would you post this on a public site if you did not want a new coach or want to start trouble. Sorry to say but when you attack a coach you attack a team and in some cases that will tear a team apart. You say the guy has been out coached and he has won because he has had talent. Who continues to mold that talent???? HMMMM he does. Young team=costly mistakes which makes them mature and grow probably what happened with this team this year. From the amount of kids coming back they will be successful in the future. If they did hire a new coach you would then say he walked into talent. People like you run good coaches out of places. Beinng a coach I would know this. People like you are what makes our job hard and makes us hate our job sometimes.

Looks like 19-4A may not have been that down this year, they are beating up on 20 4A, and MAN, Coach Stalbuam had a team mostly of sophomores and Jrs. and were in the hunt for the play-offs in this district.  I know that BH had a ton of talent back in the day, but they still have a ton of talent and it isn’t 3A anymore.  Last year BH had mostly a senior team in a young district, this year BH was young and most teams returned everyone from last year. 

Coach did a great job, and supported these kids and showed confidence in this young team.  10 year streak was broken, but it was a 10 year streak, give the man some credit, he has earned it.  Sad that this man does not get any credit.  I hope when Coach Stabuam decides to leave that other coaches that may be interested in this job do not read this forum, and see what some of our fans are like.

Good Job This Year Coach Stalbuam,  You did a great job with this young team and know you will have them ready for next year and BH will start another 10 year run.

I don't know much about BH"s head coach but I do know they have a solid program over there ever since I was in (84) school. They knew going into this year that it would be tough for them to make the playoff's. I even said last year that they would struggle to get in. Even with the young team they have they still barely missed out and played GCM for the final spot. They lost some games due to errors, we all did, but they never quit. You have some good talent over there that is really going to shine over the next few years. My guess would be that they battle for the top 2 spots next year. You have a young catcher that is probably going to be the best in the district, along with many other young guns. Don't divide the team, learn from this year and come back even stronger. BH has a bright future in front of them.

[quote name="TEL" post="798760" timestamp="1273197443"]
I don't know much about BH"s head coach but I do know they have a solid program over there ever since I was in (84) school. They knew going into this year that it would be tough for them to make the playoff's. I even said last year that they would struggle to get in. Even with the young team they have they still barely missed out and played GCM for the final spot. They lost some games due to errors, we all did, but they never quit. You have some good talent over there that is really going to shine over the next few years. My guess would be that they battle for the top 2 spots next year. You have a young catcher that is probably going to be the best in the district, along with many other young guns. Don't divide the team, learn from this year and come back even stronger. BH has a bright future in front of them.
[/quote]

Well said Tel....I agree 100%.

[quote name="eagle0911" post="798049" timestamp="1273091093"]
I'd venture to say that 10 years of playoff appearances is impressive,but that is more a product of having exceptional talent to put on the field year in and year out. The last couple of years it became more evident watching Rupp manage 2 and 3 steps ahead of Stabaum.

I'm jus sayin........
[/quote]
I really can't stand it when people say that! It absolutely cuts me to the core! Give the man some credit! The problem occurs when you have talent, but still don't make the playoffs. BH had talent this year, but they were very young and injuries hurt them (Long going down). Even with that happening, you guys were still in the hunt up until the last game. There are definitely a couple of good years ahead. Just be patient and let the man do his work. He has proven to be successful in the past.

A Parent could have coached this team to 50/50 baseball. There is and has been alot of talented players in the Barbers Hill School District.I watched some of the games and did not see where we were over matched talent wise in any of those games.I did sense some games we were out coached .

you gotta be kidding me.
[quote name="baseballdream" post="799347" timestamp="1273286360"]
A Parent could have coached this team to 50/50 baseball. There is and has been alot of talented players in the Barbers Hill School District.I watched some of the games and did not see where we were over matched talent wise in any of those games.I did sense some games we were out coached .
[/quote] 

How many years could we have said that!  C'mon eagle 07 and bh88.  You guys should have gone much further with some proper training.  There is no fall program, well ok until next year maybe.  OK The fact is we have never had one, so why would anyone think they even know how to run one.  We need someone like J Krugg in here now!!!!!  What are we gonna do, sit and wait another year till he retires so he can tell his classes that he really doesn't care.  Come on Coach Gage over haul it all!  We are cheating the upcoming players. We have some good kids that got some experience this year, now we need someone to show them how to win and win past regional. The talent is there if it will only be developed!
Just imo over the past ten years.

BH is always a tough game. Whether they were young, not as talented as previous years, whatever, they were always in the ballgame and would hurt you if they were in it in the 7th. Thats all you can ask of any team. Get off the coach's case he did his job. Whoever started this should be embarassed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine