WOS pitching

Anderson was 3-2 in district. lost to orangefield 4-3 and Bridge City 5-3...tough losses to great teams.
the other pitchers are made up of Turley, Drouillard, Darnall, and Sparrow, any of em could throw at any time and be effective. Im assuming you're from Tarkington hitchpin, what do they have on the hill?

[quote name="baseballjunkie" post="797050" timestamp="1272837622"]
Anderson was 3-2 in district. lost to orangefield 4-3 and Bridge City 5-3...tough losses to great teams.
the other pitchers are made up of Turley, Drouillard, Darnall, and Sparrow, any of em could throw at any time and be effective. Im assuming you're from Tarkington hitchpin, what do they have on the hill?
[/quote]

Josh Consemiu, but I'd be a fool to guess who the starter will be, a gambling man would have lost alot of money this year trying to figure out a rotation. From the looks of it this should be a competitive game with the deciding factors obviously being errors, above the belt "pitcher's mistakes", and .....the unknown. Hope it's a fun game to watch.

Reason #1 you shouldn't give information out about your team. It never fails that the other team skates around giving information about thier team. That being said, I actually don't blame him for asking and then not telling. Very smart. We should be so savy.

Go Stangs.

Nice job Sports Fan 929!!

You walked right into that one didn't you as well as proved Td's point. At this point in the season these coaches know who to look out for and there are really very few surprises, except for an injured player who returns or some other special circumstances. These coaches network and they all have connections so save the sarcasm. All Td was saying is that the less you talk the less you give away on your own, let them do their own homework. Which if I'm not mistaken is exactly what Hitchpin just did, enough to let you know but not enough to really tell you anything. Please enlighten us with more amazing posts SF929. 

[quote name="td" post="797244" timestamp="1272894525"]
Reason #1 you shouldn't give information out about your team. It never fails that the other team skates around giving information about thier team. That being said, I actually don't blame him for asking and then not telling. Very smart. We should be so savy.

Go Stangs.
[/quote]

Actually I was being serious, it's anybody's guess, I would assume Josh would get the rock but you really never can tell. Having said that there's a couple of points here:

1. Knowing the names and records of pitchers has absolutely no impact on the game. If coaches and/or players "scout" solely in a forum then they're not very diligent. Even [b]if[/b] I could tell you intimate details of our pitcher's tendencies, how fast he threw, or what he ate for breakfast, none of which I know, it's basically all just trivia. It's just fan curiosity and courtesy. I don't know his record, he won some big games early on in district (or he wouldn't be our "ace" would he?) but the first Huffman win was another pitcher, so obviously someone else did a good job too, and he pitched the last Huffman win (all but one inning). Of course your coaching staff already knows all that if it matters, I don't think anybody is thinking about any of that when they're in the box with all of half a second to react to a pitch. We're just not that important in the scheme of the game. We're just fans and parents and sure we want our kids to come out on top but it's their battle to win or lose.

2. I appreciate baseballjunkie's response but as 929 said, it's not really any ground-breaking information that would impact the game. We can assume from WOS's record (from 3abaseball) that somebody is a pretty darn good pitcher to hold OF and BC to those low run totals. It's just TRIVIA, I wasn't looking for or expecting a scouting report and baseballjunkie didn't give one. Thanks for the courtesy junkie. Sorry if I couldn't capitulate appropriately.

Now, how hard does Anderson throw, what are his tendencies, and what will he have for breakfast this Friday??

[quote name="td" post="797244" timestamp="1272894525"]

Go Stangs.
[/quote]

What difference would it make?  Do you really thing Highschool coaches are using this forum as a scouting tool?

As a Mustang fan, I wouldn't ever down any of the Mustangs or say anything to go against them or hurt them. I simply said who the pitching staff consisted of and that Anderson was the ace. Anybody has access to any of this information on the web anyway. You can look up stories and reports and maxpreps has all of these player's statistics. It's not like I was revealing some huge secret.

[quote name="poseidon" post="797452" timestamp="1272926538"]
[quote author=td link=topic=69335.msg797244#msg797244 date=1272894525]

Go Stangs.
[/quote]

What difference would it make?  Do you really thing Highschool coaches are using this forum as a scouting tool?
[/quote]

I certainly think that there are coaches that read this forum. I know for a fact that there are coaches that have guys plant information on here for other coaches to read. School boards and Superintendents use and read this forum also.

I agree that all the info is out there. All I'm saying is make them go get it don't give them a hand out. A good coach uses every advantage he has or can get. You can agree or you can disagree with the fact that I think we shouldn't say anything, it's your opinion just as I have mine.

As for sports fan 929, go back to class and learn to put a sentence together. Speaking of making dumb comments..........

[quote name="sports fan 929" post="797681" timestamp="1272989543"]
Td my comments would never be as stupid as the past two comments you put on here, and why are you so worried bout me putting a sentence together if your that worried bout it go be a english teacher
[/quote]

My only concern is trying to help you keep from looking as silly as you look. I'm proud of my WOS education and if you have the same, you should use it.

[quote name="sports fan 929" post="797681" timestamp="1272989543"]
Td my comments would never be as stupid as the past two comments you put on here, and why are you so worried bout me putting a sentence together if your that worried bout it go be a english teacher
[/quote]

Seriously, look at your post. That is horrible. Not sure how it got to this but surely you can get some help with putting a sentence together. Your last effort isn't even close.

Have a great day!

[quote name="kicker" post="797707" timestamp="1272995069"]
lol, this is great stuff.
[/quote]

I'm glad you could be entertained. I'm sitting here asking myself how I got here? A better question is probably, why? Now I figured it out. It was so I could entertain. I do take tips!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
    • @CardinalBacker   Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness..... My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted...... Thoughts anyone??   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics