possible schedule conflict

i was looking at the 2010 schedule for png and found the 10/16 game versus ozen is on saturday @300pm(new bmt stadium).lamar is playing south alabama the same day in bmt(time not released).i cant stand high school games on saturday and im gonna be pissed if i have to choose.i could care less what you name the stadium just dont have games there during the day on saturday.im sure all the jr league players and coaches will be thrilled also.

Guest ECBucFan
TJ, Lincoln, and SFA shared TJ's stadium for years. On the weeks where 2 of those 3 had home games, somebody had to play on Saturday nights.

I just checked the schedules. West Brook is playing Galena Park North Shore on October 15Th at Galena Park's stadium. Central is playing Nederland on October 15Th in Beaumont at 7:30. PNG is playing Ozen in Beaumont on October 16, Saturday, at 3:00 PM. Why at that time? There is no evening game that day. Is something else going on in the stadium that night?

When I was in high school we played TJ and Lincoln. Those two teams also shared the stadium with SFA. I don't ever remember them scheduling more than two games in a weekend. One of the teams alwaysed played an away game. The Saturday games were always played at night. Just wondering if there was some other reason.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="796569" timestamp="1272686865"]
Saturday HS games tend to be afternoon kickoffs.
[/quote]

That's right.  Over here in the Houston area, day Saturday games are the norm. Most administrators (and parents, for that matter) wish to have the days festivities wrapped up by the afternoon or early evening.

The other alternative is a Thursday night game, but varsity games vs. junior varsity games are not to many coaches liking, either.

[quote name="lu cards" post="795651" timestamp="1272477160"]
i was looking at the 2010 schedule for png and found the 10/16 game versus ozen is on saturday @300pm(new bmt stadium).lamar is playing south alabama the same day in bmt(time not released).i cant stand high school games on saturday and im gonna be pissed if i have to choose.i could care less what you name the stadium just dont have games there during the day on saturday.im sure all the jr league players and coaches will be thrilled also.
[/quote]
Unfortunately when 3 schools use one stadium there are always going to be Saturday games. Thursdays are out because of JV amnd I would assume when two of the Beaumont schools JV's have home games, they will either play one early on Saturday or play at one of the old fields.

[quote name="lu cards" post="795651" timestamp="1272477160"]
[/quote]

Go fishing, both will be beatdowns.

I coach in a 5a in Houston area and last year we only played 5 regular season games on Fridays. The rest were on Thursday or Saturday. We have 4 High Schools (soon to be 5) that share 1 stadium.  Saturday games are tough on coaches. They make for a rough weekend. On the bright side, we played twice on live TV on Thursdays during the regular season and 1 playoff game was on TV. The coaches in this area preferred playing on Thursdays most of the time. Saturday games are usually afternoon games.

[quote name="Tejas" post="796934" timestamp="1272805294"]
[quote author=lu cards link=topic=69174.msg795651#msg795651 date=1272477160]
[/quote]

Go fishing, both will be beatdowns.
[/quote]wow  :o

I was told all JV games will be at the stadiums located at their schools not at the new one. That is the perk for making varsity. I dont think they all should play on that field just the varsities. Matbe one game for an incentive? But thats just me.

[quote name="Justme" post="798492" timestamp="1273171484"]
I was told all JV games will be at the stadiums located at their schools not at the new one. That is the perk for making varsity. I dont think they all should play on that field just the varsities. Matbe one game for an incentive? But thats just me.
[/quote]It will be varsity only

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi