129 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be in the top three?

• Bridge City
    • Hamshire-Fannett
    • Hardin Jefferson
    • Orangefield
    • Silsbee
    • West Orange-Stark

It is not a new found concern...as you would say.

It does not matter what sport it is.....Volleyball, Softball, Football, etc.........we should be

practicing that sport "in the middle of district play" not other "stuff".

Tell me this,... what is more important......practicing 2 weeks before school starts for Volleyball or

practicing during the "Volleyball Season" in the middle of district play?

It is mandatory to practice before Volleyball season starts but ok to do whatever else other than practice Volleyball

During the "Volleyball Season".....makes perfect sense!!!!!

Bash me all you want.....but nothing changes the facts.....

[b]I also understand this is way off topic, so carry on with the 21-3A Predictions.[/b]

Was wanting to see how the Predictions came out ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="YG2009" post="873715" timestamp="1286969702"]

Tell me this,... what is more important......practicing 2 weeks before school starts for Volleyball or

practicing during the "Volleyball Season" in the middle of district play?
[/quote]

Both are equally important, and neither should be interfered with, regardless of time of year OR the sport.

But rather than promise not to stay off topic, I'll get it going that direction right here.

1. H-J
2. OF
3. WO-S

how is it one can read a novel for english and still remember how to do algebra?? and take a geography test after playing the piano. -- its ridiculous to " concentrate " on a sport. what does that mean anyway?  play'em all and play any time you want to. if they are competative, theyll be fine. as far as school goes - if the coaches can work out a schedule to do both, then have at it.  buna coach is head var. coach in both sports and they play both at same time?? does that mean they dont care about vb? i doubt it very seriously. those kids are comp. in both sports and it doesnt seem to mess them up.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="snooker" post="873950" timestamp="1286993286"]
how is it one can read a novel for english and still remember how to do algebra?? and take a geography test after playing the piano. -- its ridiculous to " concentrate " on a sport. what does that mean anyway?  play'em all and play any time you want to. if they are competative, theyll be fine. as far as school goes - if the coaches can work out a schedule to do both, then have at it.   buna coach is head var. coach in both sports and they play both at same time?? does that mean they dont care about vb? i doubt it very seriously. those kids are comp. in both sports and it doesnt seem to mess them up.
[/quote]

Being competitive and having a successful program are two different things.

1. HJ
2. OF
3. HF

[quote name="snooker" post="873950" timestamp="1286993286"]
how is it one can read a novel for english and still remember how to do algebra?? and take a geography test after playing the piano. -- its ridiculous to " concentrate " on a sport. what does that mean anyway?  play'em all and play any time you want to. if they are competative, theyll be fine. as far as school goes - if the coaches can work out a schedule to do both, then have at it.   buna coach is head var. coach in both sports and they play both at same time?? does that mean they dont care about vb? i doubt it very seriously. those kids are comp. in both sports and it doesnt seem to mess them up.
[/quote]

Perfectly stated.

ted williams
bo jackson
deion sanders
few sr. golfers that played other pro sports
danny ainge ...etc  ---  you think these guys arent successful in var. sports.

heres the truth -- if you are gifted athletically , you can play at a high level in water polo if you wanted to.    heres what you guys think -- if a kid doesnt " concentrate" on a sport , then they dont really care and when we lose thatll be the reason.  ... oh - and what are you calling successful anyway? all you can say is " we made the playoffs" - look around and there are prob 20 other area teams that can say the same -- in fact prob several that went deeper into playoffs. 

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="snooker" post="874478" timestamp="1287065225"]
ted williams
bo jackson
deion sanders
few sr. golfers that played other pro sports
danny ainge ...etc  ---  you think these guys arent successful in var. sports.

heres the truth -- if you are gifted athletically , you can play at a high level in water polo if you wanted to.     heres what you guys think -- if a kid doesnt " concentrate" on a sport , then they dont really care and when we lose thatll be the reason.   ... oh - and what are you calling successful anyway? all you can say is " we made the playoffs" - look around and there are prob 20 other area teams that can say the same -- in fact prob several that went deeper into playoffs.  
[/quote]

Wrong, we are not saying concentrate on one sport. We are saying concentrate on the sport in season. At a small school kids have to play multiple sports in order for a program to be successful And yes our girls basketball program has been successful for the last 8 years(20 or more wins a year) and will be for a while and NO 20 other teams from this area can not say they have had the same success and more. Especially not Buna. Yes, at one time Buna had some good years and lots of them. What we are saying is if a coach will not allow (most don't) their basketball players to play volleyball during basketball season then during volleyball season volleyball should be top priority. Nobody has said anything about kids not caring or losing for that matter. There is nothing true about your post.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="874750" timestamp="1287088445"]
Curious to know, if you have basketball players that play softball, when softball season approches, should those girls start practicing softball as well during basketball season?
[/quote]

Yes, we do. Good question, maybe bobcat05 can answer that question for you. It also involves track. Do I think it is causing a problem to practice 1-2 days a week toward the end of volleyball season? No I do not, if there are problems(have not heard of any) it goes way deeper than practicing basketball. The point I am trying to make is, I want our girls to be good in everything so lets be even across the board, treat all sports the same and respect each sport the same. I will be the first to tell you, I could careless about volleyball or softball but I still want us to succeed in both.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="874764" timestamp="1287089435"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=69162.msg874750#msg874750 date=1287088445]
Curious to know, if you have basketball players that play softball, when softball season approches, should those girls start practicing softball as well during basketball season?
[/quote]

Yes, we do. Good question, maybe bobcat05 can answer that question for you. It also involves track. Do I think it is causing a problem to practice 1-2 days a week toward the end of volleyball season? No I do not, if there are problems(have not heard of any) it goes way deeper than practicing basketball. The point I am trying to make is, I want our girls to be good in everything so lets be even across the board, treat all sports the same and respect each sport the same. I will be the first to tell you, I could careless about volleyball or softball but I still want us to succeed in both.
[/quote]

I don't think so, but I am not 100% sure, I think JV does maybe but I'm not sure.

Guest bleed orange
I am a 100% sure they don't.  ;D ;D For sure in track and for sure in softball. You should know about softball "Bobcat05" your sister played.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="875083" timestamp="1287113946"]
I am a 100% sure they don't.  ;D ;D For sure in track and for sure in softball. You should know about softball "Bobcat05" your sister played.
[/quote]

I think they condition twice a week.  She wasn't on JV she was on varsity  ;)

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="875088" timestamp="1287114045"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=69162.msg875083#msg875083 date=1287113946]
I am a 100% sure they don't.  ;D ;D For sure in track and for sure in softball. You should know about softball "Bobcat05" your sister played.
[/quote]

I think they condition twice a week.  She wasn't on JV she was on varsity  ;)
[/quote]

Duh, I know she was on Varsity. What does conditioning have to do with anything?  The kids now days have no clue what real conditioning is.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
    • @CardinalBacker   Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness..... My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted...... Thoughts anyone??   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • I can only imagine what you over heard. With most of that group there’s no telling. 
  • Topics