*Barbers Hill @ Crosby Updates*/ Barbers Hill wins 8-6!!

I counted 7 errors, still you cannot make that many errors on routine plays and expect to win.  The kids need to remove their heads from where its not supposed to be.  Other than about 2 or 3 players nobody is hitting, so lets plug some JV players in the lineup.  Still don't see the logic in that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errors will kill any team,but I thought Crosby hit the ball hard.  BH's outfield made some plays on some good hits, if 2 or 3 of those hits find a hole they are doubles or triples then they win.  When BH lost to GCM, BH was hitting the ball well ,but GCM made great plays in the outfield and if just 2 of those hits get through it is a different outcome.  Crosby looks to finish 1 or 2 and people are wanting to make moves in the line-up and make changes on defense.  I thought BH fans were tough.

Guest rambleonus
[quote name="TXSPIKE" post="795506" timestamp="1272417060"]
Crosby's refusal to play their best defensive players is there downfall. Quick playoff exit because of it.

[/quote]

Looks like somebodys kid doesn't play that much. Tisk Tisk.

[quote name="TXSPIKE" post="795506" timestamp="1272417060"]
Crosby's refusal to play their best defensive players is there downfall. Quick playoff exit because of it.

[/quote]

Error's happen, it is part of the game, but if you are constantly having the same kids make errors that yes something needs to change.  I would also say some questionable batting changes, clean up hitter JV - sophomore 1 or 2 varsithy ab's looked like a jv batter - overwhelmed at the plate.  Pinch hitter - another underclassman with very few varsity ab's, looked like a jv batter.  CF with very low batting avg in district and LF not to far behind.  If this doesn't change they will struggle against a team that can score runs.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="juskillenit89" post="795643" timestamp="1272476720"]
[quote author=TXSPIKE link=topic=69109.msg795506#msg795506 date=1272417060]

[/quote]

Error's happen, it is part of the game, but if you are constantly having the same kids make errors that yes something needs to change.   I would also say some questionable batting changes, clean up hitter JV - sophomore 1 or 2 varsithy ab's looked like a jv batter - overwhelmed at the plate.  Pinch hitter - another underclassman with very few varsity ab's, looked like a jv batter.  CF with very low batting avg in district and LF not to far behind.  If this doesn't change they will struggle against a team that can score runs.
[/quote]

Barbers Hill has fared pretty well after moving up a kid from JV. If the JV kid is better, so be it.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="cardinal66" post="795657" timestamp="1272478369"]
if they have a playoff it will be either at Sterling  or Lee  and day hasn't been decided, but Rupp will not discuss it or consider flipping until after the game on Friday night.  BH can put in a jv pitcher and beat NF, but Rupp has his work cut out for him.
[/quote]

Not gonna need a coin flip.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BH0088" post="795659" timestamp="1272479542"]

Why is that ? Do you think NF will beat BH ?
[/quote]

Could happen.

Show up for your "win" and we'll see.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bh89-2" post="795676" timestamp="1272484574"]
So what are the playoff possibilities for 19-4A?  Pats I know you got it all worked out. 
[/quote]

GCM win, they're in.
GCM loss and BH loss: GCM is in.
GCM loss and BH win: GCM vs BH in tie-breaker playoff.

Crosby, Kingwood Park and Galena Park are playing for seeding.

Dayton, CE King and North Forest are getting ready for football.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rambleonus" post="795681" timestamp="1272487111"]
KP will be seeded #1 with 3 straight district titles. I'm just sayin...
[/quote]

They are the team to beat with the most pressure. I'm just sayin'....

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rambleonus" post="795685" timestamp="1272488102"]
Thats BH with all those aces.
[/quote]

The rest of us do not stand a chance.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="795686" timestamp="1272488566"]
[quote author=rambleonus link=topic=69109.msg795685#msg795685 date=1272488102]
Thats BH with all those aces.
[/quote]

The rest of us do not stand a chance.
[/quote]

You must be confused w/ the '07-'08 Eagles.  ;)

bh fans and ex players and even players now, need to quit living in the past... good god. cool yal had a lot of good player BACK THEN but how far did yal go with that team? 2 rounds.. 3 rounds? dont matter. wat did yal do this year? fighting for a playoff spot, ya fightin for a playoff spot hahaha

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="kpwinner2010" post="795908" timestamp="1272566447"]
bh fans and ex players and even players now, need to quit living in the past... good god. cool yal had a lot of good player BACK THEN but how far did yal go with that team? 2 rounds.. 3 rounds? dont matter. wat did yal do this year? fighting for a playoff spot, ya fightin for a playoff spot hahaha
[/quote]

Ouch! Looks like that Kingwood education is really paying off.

Yes BH fighting for a play-off spot and with roster full of underclassman., proud to be doing so.  BH has a lot of talent just very young.  Let's see over the next two years how far they get, and compare to how far KWP gets.  All but 3 starters will be back next year and both top pitchers will be back.  Most will be back for the next two seasons.  Good thing KWP is getting out of the district, BH was getting scared. GCM has a lot coming back as well, Lee being added will make this a very tough district next year.  Lee has a lot of returners (Reed Sealy) is only a Jr. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
    • @CardinalBacker   Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness..... My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted...... Thoughts anyone??   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics