Silsbee's Tiger stadium

Man Allen has an awsome stadium man i am just still wondering whether silsbee will get turf or not after that horrible field we had to play on last year even though it helped us beat Wo-s we probably lost a chance at getting a lot of playoff games because of it i remember when silsbee stadium first open we were one of the better stadium around now we are quickly becomming second fiddle to other schools but we need turf bad.

[quote name="MBaller#1" post="794601" timestamp="1272206476"]
Man Allen has an awsome stadium man i am just still wondering whether silsbee will get turf or not after that horrible field we had to play on last year even though it helped us beat Wo-s we probably lost a chance at getting a lot of playoff games because of it i remember when silsbee stadium first open we were one of the better stadium around now we are quickly becomming second fiddle to other schools but we need turf bad.
[/quote]

Trust me, it is being heavily discussed in board and admin meetings. It was pretty much a done deal a couple of months ago but a few things have cropped up setting it back some. One being that they need to address the outfield drainage situaition on the baseball diamond. They are now looking into maybe turfing everything, not just the football field.

I do know that a turf company (same one that turfed the new Cowboy Stadium) has already came out to measure Tiger Stadium.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="794676" timestamp="1272225014"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=69068.msg794668#msg794668 date=1272222252]
They'll get turf in 2044...  8) 8)
[/quote]

Since when did you start wearing your feelings on your sleeve, Soulja? ;)
[/quote] ;D  I just wanted an opportunity to say 'touche'... :D :D

You comparing SISD to BISD is a joke.

Do some research, if you look at the history, Silsbee gets things done in a timely matter without near the controversy. Of course, we have the luxury of having some wealthy supporters to help things out. ;) ;D

I admit, all school districts have their own problems and none can be called perfect. But, it seems that BISD just adds fuel to their fire on a constant basis.

Maybe the Population plays a factor in it.  More kids, bigger communities, More schols, and More workers means More drama and controversy.  BISD have controversy as do SISD...  Also Everyone will know about every little thing in BMT since it is in a central media area...

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I was in Joking mood! 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="794681" timestamp="1272226388"]
Maybe the Population plays a factor in it.  More kids, bigger communities, More schols, and More workers means More drama and controversy.  BISD have controversy as do SISD...  Also Everyone will know about every little thing in BMT since it is in a central media area...

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I was in Joking mood! 
[/quote]

That's fair enough regarding the population. I still think they handle things screwy, compared to other districts.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="794603" timestamp="1272207022"]
[quote author=MBaller#1 link=topic=69068.msg794601#msg794601 date=1272206476]
[/quote]

Trust me, it is being heavily discussed in board and admin meetings. It was pretty much a done deal a couple of months ago but a few things have cropped up setting it back some. One being that they need to address the outfield drainage situaition on the baseball diamond. They are now looking into maybe [b]turfing everything,[/b] not just the football field.

I do know that a turf company (same one that turfed the new Cowboy Stadium) has already came out to measure Tiger Stadium.
[/quote]

How do you turf the infield of a true softball field? Just give the girls field raised home and visitors stands and a press box.

[quote name="STiger85" post="794798" timestamp="1272256476"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=69068.msg794603#msg794603 date=1272207022]
[quote author=MBaller#1 link=topic=69068.msg794601#msg794601 date=1272206476]
[/quote]

Trust me, it is being heavily discussed in board and admin meetings. It was pretty much a done deal a couple of months ago but a few things have cropped up setting it back some. One being that they need to address the outfield drainage situaition on the baseball diamond. They are now looking into maybe [b]turfing everything,[/b] not just the football field.

[/quote]

How do you turf the infield of a true softball field? Just give the girls field raised home and visitors stands and a press box.
[/quote]

From my understanding the softball field wasn't included, per request of the softball coach. If anything, only the outfield would get turfed.

Coach McGallion said that the turf was put on hold but serious being talked considered but if they are going to do it this year they better hurry up the season will be here quick they will make a lot of money if they do and recieve a lot of request for playoff games sounds like a good deal and no more messy fields.

I've always thought that it was a great facility but the turf was horrible. We won a game there several years ago and had less than 100 yds total offense. It was unbelievably muddy. I also think it was on a Monday after a hurricane scare. I also hated having to change in the basketball gym and walk up and down the hill to get to the stadium. I think that may have changed now.

[quote name="formercaveman" post="797907" timestamp="1273065404"]
I've always thought that it was a great facility but the [b]turf was horrible[/b]. We won a game there several years ago and had less than 100 yds total offense. It was unbelievably muddy. I also think it was on a Monday after a hurricane scare. I also hated having to change in the basketball gym and walk up and down the hill to get to the stadium. I think that may have changed now.
[/quote]

When Tiger Stadium was first built, the grass for the field was not that great for the first few years. Had some drainage problems among other things. But over the last 3-4 years, the field was actually one of the best grass playing surfaces in the area. This coming from comments from opposing players and coaches. Just about everybody praised the surface.

But since the WOS game of this past season, the field has not recovered that well. It didn't help that they had to play 2 games there right after the WOS game. Therefore the administration is looking into getting field turf.

[quote name="formercaveman" post="797907" timestamp="1273065404"]
I've always thought that it was a great facility but the turf was horrible. We won a game there several years ago and had less than 100 yds total offense. It was unbelievably muddy. I also think it was on a Monday after a hurricane scare.[b] I also hated having to change in the basketball gym and walk up and down the hill to get to the stadium. I think that may have changed now[/b].
[/quote]

This has changed. There is a brand new game day field house in the northeast corner of Tiger Stadium.

[quote name="skipper" post="797967" timestamp="1273076066"]
aggie,may i ask how much money is the school looking at to put turf down ,do thay have the money to do this are will thay leave it up to the tax payers in your city to vote on this .JUST ASKING THATS ALL
[/quote]

No vote, no taxpayer money. This will be covered by the district and maybe some private donation.

The cost looks to be around a $1,000,000.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder