How many of the state champions would beat UConn women?

How many of the state champions would beat UConn women?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How many of the state champions would beat UConn women?

With all the talk about the UConn women with their current streak and dominance in college, i thought this would be an interesting question.  I went to the state tournament this year and saw all the state champion teams.  How many of those teams would beat the UConn women in a game?  I think most think the 5A and 4A champions would win and maybe 3A also, because those teams have a handful of players that are going to play college basketball.  When you get down to 1A-2A is where it gets interesting.  You have Ponder in 2A who is as fundamentally sound as it gets, and Cayuga, who had unbelievable athletes that could match up with 3A-4A athletes.  So vote on the poll and give your thoughts on who what you think would happened if they all played.  Here are all the champions:

5A: Fort Bend Bush
4A: Houston Yates
3A: Lubbock Estacado
2A: Ponder
1A-I: Cayuga
1A-II: Nazareth

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks ya'll aren't watching these girls play if you think they would go 0-5 against the high school clubs in Texas.You don't win 70 games in a row at any D1 sport in college and play like little girls.Yates would be tough on them with pure speed.They beat the rest of these clubs.

Guest baseball25
Uconn girls can shoot lights out, yates might would beat them but man nobody gives these girls any credit, they can flat out play, and shoot the ball, very sound team, and they do everything right. Yates would give them a run no doubt but remember GENO AUREMIA or WISE lol AUREMIA WOULD OUT COACH THAT DUDE LIKE CRAZY. UCONN shoots the ball way better than those teams.

I think I am a pretty good judge of basketball talent and I say maybe Yates beats them.  I haven't seen any of the boys teams play that WON state but I have seen a few of the ones that could have (Kountze, HJ, Silsbee, Bullard,Chapel Hill)...and I have seen the UConn women...IMO, no way the guys win.  The argument that there is no comparison between athleticism between boys and girls may be true to an extent but, we have all seen much more athletic boys teams lose to other teams because they didn't match up skill wise.  The guys may be bigger, faster, and stronger but those women can shoot, run the floor, and defend. Geno doesn't recruit egos either and this team has great chemistry!  OConn takes at least 3 out of the 5.

Uconn is so sound, Yes the boys teams would be Faster, stronger etc. But Uconn's fundamentals and even they have some size, and skill would beat every team at state except yates and Bush. It would be like Ponder beating a MUCH more athletic New waverly team in the 09 state tourney. 

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="784656" timestamp="1270052173"]
[quote author=gamoty link=topic=67982.msg784632#msg784632 date=1270049805]
Basically you are saying that the UCONN Girls can beat a Mens college team because basically that is what Yates is. 
[/quote]

No they're not
[/quote]

Double no they are not!!!

Basketball at any level is about match ups and maturity.If you would tell me the U Conn women couldn't compete with the mens stellar D1 clubs such as Duke and Kansas I would agree with you whole heartedly but that wasn't the question.The U Conn ladies are made up of the very best ladies to play the womens game and are for the most part all around 22 years old.The average age of the high school player is going to be 16/17 years old so who gets the edge in maturity??An earlier poster said the ladies wouldn't get a shot off,you need to watch these ladies CLOSE.Everything they do comes off screens and all that takes is position and discipline.I know everyone on this board has watched the college 3 point contest and the ladies always hold their own against the COLLEGE guys.The Yates club was exceptional this year and could beat a lot of small college clubs so I would give them a slight edge.Maybe we could get Geno to schedule this as a fundraiser for cancer ;) ;)If I could get Vegas to run a line on it I would make some money on this one.

Guest speechless
yeah they get shots off against other women and win 3 point contest against no defence

im tellin ya i seen the best girls try and go against the best guys

it dont work

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder