BEST SETX Running Back You Ever Saw

Guest EagleFan01
Newton has had alot of good backs but I think its either Toddrick Pendland or Anthony Byerly.

Does anyone remember that Reggie White from Liberty I think man he was tough to tackle very hard runner.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="786565" timestamp="1270566162"]
Newton has had alot of good backs but I think its either Toddrick Pendland or Anthony Byerly.

Does anyone remember that Reggie White from Liberty I think man he was tough to tackle very hard runner.
[/quote]

Reggie was a bad dude... ended up spending some time with the Eagles I think.

Funny story.... I accidentally elbowed and busted his lip in a pick-up basketball game. He was about 2 years, 50 pounds heavier, and way more athletic than I was. I thought he was going to knock my block off. He just told me not to worry about it and kept playing.  :D :D I was relieved.

[quote name="zeroturn" post="784795" timestamp="1270072226"]
One the best i ever saw was Willie Ray Smith Jr good size back with 9.5 100 yd dash speed in the late   fifties Gayle Sayers came home with him during college he was impressed with his skills Willie Ray Jr was good ,he was called the impala....
[/quote]I heard alot about Willie Ray. I heard he was able to stop on a dime and eccelerate side ways then burst up field like no one after him. His dad played him with an injured leg and he never was the same I heard.

[quote name="BHEagle1" post="785979" timestamp="1270360282"]
bh89-2  I remember him I think his name was Keneth Peoples  anyone know what happened to him  Dayton has had a pile of players, they never seam to pan out once they leave dayton though, not sure why. i work with several people from Dayton and they are all quality?
[/quote]

The best RB from Dayton was Ivory Durio hands down. 

Guest wildcat58
have to agree with slam14. all time best local i saw play , joe washington jr. , followed closely by kirbyvilles Ernest "bubba" bean in 1970-71, best i have seen in last 10-15 years, jamaal charles, anthony byerly, and most recently, lafredrick ford, not being a homer, anybody who has seen him knows he is the real deal,will be kirbyvilles first rb in a long time to go Div 1.

Guest wildcat58
forgot to add in addition joe jr. is in Texas High school hall of fame, and bean is  listed as 1 of 50 of the best players ever in texas, enough said about the stature of these 2. If your not grey enough in the tooth to have seen these 2 play, you really missed something.

[quote name="rvbulldogs" post="789971" timestamp="1271215671"]
I watched several running backs tear up Nederlands D the past few years but this kid J. Rodgers (cant remember the high school he went) was pretty awesome.  He is the running back for Oregon State now.
[/quote]Jaquizz (sp) Rogers.  Played for Lamar Consolidated.  He set all kinds of state records and wond a state title.. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder