New Waverly-Idalou thoughts....NW Falls!!!!!

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="775979" timestamp="1268405609"]
[font=Courier]New Waverly getting whipped right now. Down 25-16, shooting 2-55 (2-10 3s) & outrebounded 16-11. [/font]
[/quote]

They do this every year! Get to Austin act like they've never played basketball before!  Last year after I saw them play and beat Kountze, I felt like they wouldn't have a problem winning State. I felt the same way this year. >:(

I guess they really can't play in big gyms!

I hope they lose. They're there but don't deserve to be there. Just like Silsbee, I think all they wanna do is beat Hj. New Waverly just cares about beating Ktz and Silsbee just cares about Hj. After that, they forget how to play Basketball. I bet ya Ktz and Hj wouldve been playing on Saturday!!!

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="776025" timestamp="1268409836"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=67258.msg776023#msg776023 date=1268409687]
[font=Courier]over 63-53.[/font]
[/quote]

Coop, I know its the State Tournament, but would you consider this an upset? Idalou was unranked....
[/quote]

I can't speak for Chad, but this is an upset in my book.

I spoke to Coach Goffney yesterday morning and he was concerned with Idalou. He said they shoot the ball very well.

Guest baseball25
Not an upset, a team that can handle nw pressure and slow them down your fine, block out and make them shoot from the outside and contest there shots. Ponder would have beat them too bec there that type of team, nw shoots the ball horriblE

Congratulations NW on a great season. Tough loss. Now Swag, to make a comment that NW or Silsbee don't deserve to be there, you are a bigger Idiot than everyone on here thought. Sure Silsbee drives to beat HJ each year just like they do for us but I can guarantee that that is not the only thing these players, coaches or us fans wanted. The Tigers played a top ranked team that hasn't lost to 3A competition in quite a while and gave them one hell of a game.A game that could have gone either way.  These kids have nothing ti be ashamed of. We fans are very pround. NW may have been upset but I know their goal wasn't just to beat Kountze. They wanted it all. They wanted to beat Kountze just like Kountze wanted to beat NW. The only difference us NW got the job done, the Lions didn't.

I didn't say Silsbee didn't deserve to be there... I was pulling for Silsbee. But what I did say is that Silsbee has lost the next game they played after Hj both times they have made it to Atx. Same for New Waverly. They always play their best against Ktz then get to Austin and embarrass  Region 3... 1 and done is getting old.  All of this going to State don't mean a thing without the Ring! New Waverly and Silsbee, getcha 1!!! Lol 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Swag" post="776013" timestamp="1268408791"]
I hope they lose. They're there but don't deserve to be there. Just like Silsbee, I think all they wanna do is beat Hj. New Waverly just cares about beating Ktz and Silsbee just cares about Hj. After that, they forget how to play Basketball. I bet ya Ktz and Hj wouldve been playing on Saturday!!!
[/quote]

You are SOOOO stupid it even embarrasses me.

[quote name="Swag" post="776013" timestamp="1268408791"]
[/quote]With all due respect to HJ they wouldn't of beat Madison in my opinion. But thats not here nor there the reason these teams lose at state is because its the STATE tournament the best teams in the state are there. Silsbee played lights out yesterday they just lost to a better team on that given day.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder