New Waverly-Idalou thoughts....NW Falls!!!!!

Anahuac had New Waverly beat at Regionals and should have beat them, but they missed critical shots in the last 53 seconds of the game and some crucial free throws in those last seconds.  Anahuac was within 4 points of NW in the last minute of the game.  New Waverly is a great team, but not surprised at all that they were beaten by an unranked team...

[quote name="CATMAN" post="776845" timestamp="1268542586"]
After seeing Ldalou play Ponder I dont see how IN :o :o :o the heck they beat NW
[/quote]

Catman, Idalou packed it in and let New Waverly beat themselves with poor shooting from the outside. They also limited the offensive rebounds so New Waverly was one-and-done on the offensive end.

Shooting is the one phase of the game that there is no substitute for.Teams that have good inside games better develope an outside shooting game or good defensive clubs will send you packing.Too often you see great shooting clubs in Austin get beat because they play not to lose instead of shooting the ball until it's to late.

[quote name="FairfieldEagles5" post="776087" timestamp="1268417959"]
[quote author=Swag link=topic=67258.msg776013#msg776013 date=1268408791]
I hope they lose. They're there but don't deserve to be there. Just like Silsbee, I think all they wanna do is beat Hj. New Waverly just cares about beating Ktz and Silsbee just cares about Hj. After that, they forget how to play Basketball. I bet ya Ktz and Hj wouldve been playing on Saturday!!!
[/quote]With all due respect to HJ they wouldn't of beat Madison in my opinion. But thats not here nor there the reason these teams lose at state is because its the STATE tournament the best teams in the state are there. Silsbee played lights out yesterday they just lost to a better team on that given day.
[/quote]I will respectfully disagree on the HJ thing. They could have beat Madison Thursday. Madison looked very beatable. Both Madison and Silsbee had a bad game....guard play on both teams was not good, way too many turnovers....Lubbocks guard play beat Madison.

Well all in all....we are all pretty close to the same. Fairfield played us a great game and we didn't play our best. I only say that becuase I have seen us play alot better, it's anybodies game on any night when you get that deep into the playoffs. There are no weak teams. Someone said earlier that it was obvious Silsbee was better, I dont believe that for one second, Bigger, more athletic....Yes, better basketball team IMOHO no. We are used to playing very athletic teams that can jump outta the gym, it doesn't bother us. I will say this, I thought Silsbee had a great shot if they had an off night on shooting just becuase of their size and athleticism. There were no blow outs....All teams were very close.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami