Comment about Yates

Man all the Rush Limbaughs need to go somewhere. You play to win the game HELLO. If you are dominant then so be it. That is what is wrong with society now and kids these days. Everyone is raised to be politically correct and powderpuffs. I applaud the Yates coach for installing a winning attitude in these kids.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Aiden1" post="774854" timestamp="1268272131"]
Man all the Rush Limbaughs need to go somewhere. You play to win the game HELLO. If you are dominant then so be it. That is what is wrong with society now and kids these days. Everyone is raised to be politically correct and powderpuffs. I applaud the Yates coach for installing a winning attitude in these kids.

[/quote]

What a d!psh!t!

They had most games won by halftime. 

Its better to win with class and integrity, than to run up the score like your on the ghetto playground. 
It would be refreshing for yates to show a little class and act civilized.  Hopefully Lancaster will have something to say about a repeat.

Guest strongend
Gettin beat that bad would be terrible but it is also very probable if your playin yates.  No player ever died from gettin beat like that.  If you dont agree with what coach wise does, i am sure he doesn't care.  if you want yates respect, then quit pissin and moanin behind screen names, go be a coach and go get you some.  If you cant do that, then keep on typing cause it is probably the closest thing to basketball that you have been involved in.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="774896" timestamp="1268274126"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=67197.msg774892#msg774892 date=1268273975]
That is slang for white boys!!!!! :D :D :D
[/quote]

Oh.

When did Rick Rielly become white?
[/quote]

pretty sure he's always been white.

[quote name="strongend" post="774964" timestamp="1268280351"]
Gettin beat that bad would be terrible but it is also very probable if your playin yates.  No player ever died from gettin beat like that.  If you dont agree with what coach wise does, i am sure he doesn't care.  if you want yates respect, then quit pissin and moanin behind screen names, go be a coach and go get you some.  If you cant do that, then keep on typing cause it is probably the closest thing to basketball that you have been involved in.
[/quote]

Like Coach Wise, I don't care that don't agree with me that Wise is a piece.

And I don't care to have Yates respect.  Earning the respect of Wise and the rest of the 3rd ward ghetto is the last thing on my mind.  There have been lots of good teams in the state of Texas, and they won lots of games.  Yates isn't the only hs team in this state to go undefeated and be national champs.  The difference between Yates and Willowridge, or Dallas Lincoln, is that they did it with class.  If you don't think Willowridge with TJ Ford and Daniel Ewing couldn't have beat the breaks off of people if they wanted than your just plain foolish.  Instead they won with class and earned respect from everyone, not just the 3rd world/ward crowd that looks to beat down on outmanned hs kids to make up for their lack of service and civilty in the real world. 

And what's wrong with our society and our kids is that they live by the law of the jungle, instead by the law of the land.  It has nothing to do with winning games or going undefeated, but its by how they do it. 

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="774985" timestamp="1268281972"]
[quote author=strongend link=topic=67197.msg774964#msg774964 date=1268280351]
[/quote]

And I don't care to have Yates respect.  Earning the respect of Wise and the rest of the 3rd ward ghetto is the last thing on my mind.  There have been lots of good teams in the state of Texas, and they won lots of games.  Yates isn't the only hs team in this state to go undefeated and be national champs.  The difference between Yates and Willowridge, or Dallas Lincoln, is that they did it with class.  If you don't think Willowridge with TJ Ford and Daniel Ewing couldn't have beat the breaks off of people if they wanted than your just plain foolish.  Instead they won with class and earned respect from everyone, not just the 3rd world/ward crowd that looks to beat down on outmanned hs kids to make up for their lack of service and civilty in the real world. 

And what's wrong with our society and our kids is that they live by the law of the jungle, instead by the law of the land.  It has nothing to do with winning games or going undefeated, but its by how they do it. 
[/quote]Wise could care less what you think.

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="774985" timestamp="1268281972"]
[/quote]

And I don't care to have Yates respect. Earning the respect of Wise and the rest of the 3rd ward ghetto is the last thing on my mind. There have been lots of good teams in the state of Texas, and they won lots of games.  Yates isn't the only hs team in this state to go undefeated and be national champs.  The difference between Yates and Willowridge, or Dallas Lincoln, is that they did it with class.  If you don't think Willowridge with TJ Ford and Daniel Ewing couldn't have beat the breaks off of people if they wanted than your just plain foolish.  Instead they won with class and earned respect from everyone, not just the 3rd world/ward crowd that looks to beat down on outmanned hs kids to make up for their lack of service and civilty in the real world. 

[/quote]

Your post is so beyond inappropriate....

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="775015" timestamp="1268292448"]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=67197.msg774985#msg774985 date=1268281972]
[/quote]

And I don't care to have Yates respect. Earning the respect of Wise and the rest of the 3rd ward ghetto is the last thing on my mind. There have been lots of good teams in the state of Texas, and they won lots of games.  Yates isn't the only hs team in this state to go undefeated and be national champs.  The difference between Yates and Willowridge, or Dallas Lincoln, is that they did it with class.  If you don't think Willowridge with TJ Ford and Daniel Ewing couldn't have beat the breaks off of people if they wanted than your just plain foolish.  Instead they won with class and earned respect from everyone, not just the 3rd world/ward crowd that looks to beat down on outmanned hs kids to make up for their lack of service and civilty in the real world. 

[/quote]

Thats ridiculous. This team plays fast and furious. They play this way because they know no one else can play with them. They dont play down to other team's level just to give them a chance. You most likely won't see another team as deep and well coached to play the press as this Houston Yates team ever again.

To make an arguement against a team because of thier race or background shows lack of class by you. You're a joke.

Come on now everybody what was the other team doing while Yates was running up the scoreboard? Keep the pedal to the medal. U play to win da game. Its not coach Wise fault he is 15 deep. Dont schedule Yates if u dont wanna be blown out. Man when u get on dat court all dat class and humility b-s gets thrown out da window. That is your opponent and u gone do everything in ur power embarrass his or their asses

[quote name="bigshag1999" post="775020" timestamp="1268304306"]
Come on now everybody what was the other team doing while Yates was running up the scoreboard? Keep the pedal to the medal. U play to win da game. Its not coach Wise fault he is 15 deep. Dont schedule Yates if u dont wanna be blown out. Man when u get on dat court all dat class and humility b-s gets thrown out da window. That is your opponent and u gone do everything in ur power embarrass his or their asses
[/quote]

Dont schedule them?  Its called a district schedule, where the UIL sets it.  I doubt the other inner city Houston schools, who are made up of mostly underachieving minority kids both academically and athletically, as well as a high number of hispanics (who if you haven't noticed dont play lots of basketball) wanted to play Yates.  Those are the teams Yates beat the worst, embarassing not only those teams, but themselves.

Those defending Wise hammering other teenage kids shows lack of class on your part.  When already up 70 at half, whats the point of continuing to run up the score?  Why?  Those teams are jokes and couldn't compete against Spurger, yet Yates wants to flex its muscles and "show out" for the nation.  This is all about attention, garnering national media interest, a #1 national ranking, arrogance, cockiness, and straight up lack of class, respect, and decency.  Its not about his players and their best interest. 

And if you think Yates is the best of all time, because they score over 100 against some of the worst teams in the state (HISD) then your on crack, like the rest of the 3rd world/ward ghetto.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="775015" timestamp="1268292448"]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=67197.msg774985#msg774985 date=1268281972]
[/quote]

And I don't care to have Yates respect. Earning the respect of Wise and the rest of the 3rd ward ghetto is the last thing on my mind. There have been lots of good teams in the state of Texas, and they won lots of games.  Yates isn't the only hs team in this state to go undefeated and be national champs.  The difference between Yates and Willowridge, or Dallas Lincoln, is that they did it with class.  If you don't think Willowridge with TJ Ford and Daniel Ewing couldn't have beat the breaks off of people if they wanted than your just plain foolish.  Instead they won with class and earned respect from everyone, not just the 3rd world/ward crowd that looks to beat down on outmanned hs kids to make up for their lack of service and civilty in the real world. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

I could care less.  And why is it inappropriate?  Because they are from the ghetto and have had such hard lives?  What if SLC (a bunch of white boys) was beating down those same ghetto teams, and a black said the same thing, would it be inappropriate?  Whats inappropriate is political correctness and the hypocrisy when it comes to free speech.  You don't like it, don't read it, its the truth.  If 100 games and blowout wins is what the 3rd world/ward wants, instead of class and decency, or a high graduation rate, fine, but it don't surprise me.  Take a drive through there, it looks like the 3rd world/ward gave up on class and education a long long time ago.

First of all for you uneducated folks... The entire 3rd Ward in NOT a ghetto! Do a little traveling and you will see that.  Second what is classy about saying, "that you are so sorry that I will stop playing hard just because we are up by so much! " Third, I don't think Yates could beat the undefeated Willowridge, Dallas Lincoln, Ozen, or Houston Milby (the weakest link) teams from this decade. But I do see that they play and entirely different ball game than those teams.  If you don't see the difference you don't know basketball.  Yates makes up for their lack of basket skill by constant running.  All of the previous mentioned team were half court teams.  Only the Lincoln team was a pressing team but it wasn't as aggressive.  Yates would be similar to the Wheatly teams of that time frame... The lack of great guards on one team and a great coach is the reason Yates will win it all.  No TJ Ford, Daniel Ewing, Kenny Taylor teams out their...  And wise is coaching his butt off...

Nothing feels worse than the mercy rule in baseball or getting whipped badly in soccer, but no we don't sit here and whine about a team of white boys beating up on the urban schools!!! And Yates has been whippin up on majority other urban or majority black schools so that argument is null and void!!!! Just like Larry Bird said and I quote, "Its a Black man's game!"  Just like Hockey, Baseball, soccer, and golf are not.

The two best guard oriented teams they played this year was one out of Georgia... Yates won 91-90 thanks to the skill of Joseph Young (the only true next level star on the team).. And Lamarque who hung for 3 quarters but did not have the depth!

Gardner will be a decent little gaurd in the Southland, Peters will be a defensive guard in college, and that big man is really suspect.  Elton Roy could grow into a fine gaurd in the Southland too!

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="775058" timestamp="1268313783"]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=67197.msg775015#msg775015 date=1268292448]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I could care less.  And why is it inappropriate?  Because they are from the ghetto and have had such hard lives?  What if SLC (a bunch of white boys) was beating down those same ghetto teams, and a black said the same thing, would it be inappropriate?  Whats inappropriate is political correctness and the hypocrisy when it comes to free speech.  You don't like it, don't read it, its the truth.  If 100 games and blowout wins is what the 3rd world/ward wants, instead of class and decency, or a high graduation rate, fine, but it don't surprise me.  Take a drive through there, it looks like the 3rd world/ward gave up on class and education a long long time ago.
[/quote]

Pretty sure you gave up on education with ridiculous racist statements like this...lets drive through any trailer park in setx and see if theres any less crackheads and drug dealers

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="774938" timestamp="1268277722"]
[quote author=Aiden1 link=topic=67197.msg774854#msg774854 date=1268272131]

[/quote]

What a d!psh!t!

They had most games won by halftime. 

Its better to win with class and integrity, than to run up the score like your on the ghetto playground. 
It would be refreshing for yates to show a little class and act civilized.  Hopefully Lancaster will have something to say about a repeat.

[/quote]

Class and integrity. LOL. So what is uncivilized about winning a game. If you are good then so be it. How do you know they dont have class. From what I've heard they are very classy. GHETTO PLAYGROUND? Where do you think most the guys that play ball learn to play. The guys you watch in the NBA learned on the so called GHETTO PLAYGROUND that you pay your money to see. I think that was a racist comment. When an all white team is good like that did they learn on the ghetto playground also. Like I said before RUSH LIMBAUGH!!!!!!!!