Barbers Hill vs. Nederland updates.../NEDERLAND WINS 65-49!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things I noticed in this game.  BH were setting illigal picks (moving screens) all night long and that #20 from them couod not dribble...  Nederland only exposed this a few times, but went away from this...

Also, I was telling every Bulldog fan around me that BH had no answer down low for Smith or Forney...  BH made adjustments to swarm the post, but Nederland had an alternative game plan to set up open 3's.  It was like a pick your poison thing...  Get ate up on the inside or Dare Nederland to make the outside shot...

[quote name="homeless" post="765325" timestamp="1266986907"]
Nederland TRULY lucked out with the tie-breaker win over Ozen. Kpark is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than BH.
[/quote]

If Ned beat Ozen twice, and handled BH... why would you think they couldn't beat KWPark????  Not that it's a guarantee, but be real man, this team is good.  I'd put em up against the Park.... tomorrow.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="765155" timestamp="1266978928"]
BH starting big Guy isn't half as good as Forney or Smith but he's strong and physical
[/quote]

Well, at least you got half of it right! LOL

I believe for a junior he plays pretty well. Asbury #32, will be back stronger than ever next year. Oh and by the way, he played a lot better against Forney and Smith than Ozen's post did from what we saw when Nederland and Ozen played last Friday. Of course, before anyone's feelings get hurt, it is IMO!!!

Good luck Nederland!!!

[quote name="ruben" post="765379" timestamp="1267011869"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=66459.msg765155#msg765155 date=1266978928]
BH starting big Guy isn't half as good as Forney or Smith but he's strong and physical
[/quote]

Well, at least you got half of it right! LOL

I believe for a junior he plays pretty well. Asbury #32, will be back stronger than ever next year. Oh and by the way, he played a lot better against Forney and Smith than Ozen's post did from what we saw when Nederland and Ozen played last Friday. Of course, before anyone's feelings get hurt, it is IMO!!!

Good luck Nederland!!!
[/quote]

Forney and Smith are jrs as well....he's not bad but those two are in an entirely different league

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="765313" timestamp="1266985821"]
A couple of things I noticed in this game.  BH were setting illigal picks (moving screens) all night long and that #20 from them couod not dribble...  Nederland only exposed this a few times, but went away from this...

Also, I was telling every Bulldog fan around me that BH had no answer down low for Smith or Forney...  BH made adjustments to swarm the post, but Nederland had an alternative game plan to set up open 3's.  It was like a pick your poison thing...  Get ate up on the inside or Dare Nederland to make the outside shot...
[/quote]

I said that about #20 the first two minutes if Nederland would have trapped him they'd have caused 20 turnovers

[quote name="Penny" post="765334" timestamp="1266987844"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=66459.msg765325#msg765325 date=1266986907]
Nederland TRULY lucked out with the tie-breaker win over Ozen. Kpark is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than BH.
[/quote]

If Ned beat Ozen twice, and handled BH... why would you think they couldn't beat KWPark????  Not that it's a guarantee, but be real man, this team is good.  I'd put em up against the Park.... tomorrow.
[/quote] Do you really disagree that Kpark is way better than BH????????

I would say that KP is definitely better than BH bu that is not the point...it was said that Nederland "lucked out" by getting BH instead of KP which is a bunch of garbage...Nederland EARNED the top seed by virtue of beating Ozen and the top seed gets the 4 seed, plain and simple...saying Nederland was lucky to get BH instead of KP is like saying Nederland is lucky they didn't have to play the Lakers in the first round because they would have gotten slaughtered...

Congrats Nederland! Goodluck in the next round

Nederland bounces Barbers Hill boys
From sports staff reports
Baytown Sun
Published February 24, 2010
WINNIE – Nederland jumped to a big first-quarter lead and maintained it throughout the game Tuesday night to defeat Barbers Hill 65-49 in Class 4A bidistrict boys action at East Chambers High.

It was the first boys basketball playoff win for Nederland in 55 years. The Bulldogs are celebrating their first district championship in 54 years.

Dionte Forney led Nederland with 16 points and seven rebounds. Guard Dillon Campbell scored 15 points and Kelvin Smith added 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulldogs, now 20-14.

Barbers Hill, which bowed out at 22-11, was led by Austin Crawley with 15 points. Daniel Mitchell and Carson Asbury scored 12 points each.

Nederland, the District 20-4A co-champion, led 21-12 after the first quarter, 31-23 at halftime and 44-35 entering the final period.

The Bulldogs were the only 20-4A team to advance as Ozen fell to Kingwood Park 53-45 in two overtimes; Galena Park defeated Central 60-47; and C.E. King pounded Livingston 77-57.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder