Woodville/Hardin/HARDIN WINS BY 14!!!/COMMENTS!

to glorydaz, really? did you see what barlow did when she got in the game? turned the ball over every time she put it on the floor. I understand there were girls on the bench ready to play but those girls arent the ones who have had experience in these situations. it didnt matter who was out there on the floor tonight for the lady eagles because hardin played a heck of a game. and "LE Basketball" wont be what it has been next year but hardin will lol congrats lady hornets.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking at the teams as they entered the gym, I immediately gave the edge to Woodville.  Taller, stronger looking and their record speaks for itself.  But the Hardin girls threw all that out the window.  They didn't come to play, they came to WIN!  

#45 deserves a game ball for the defense she played tonight.  I would love to know how many rebounds she had.

#10 is the coolest head on the floor.  Team leader and go getter.

#1, 15, 20 and 22 all have the smoothest jump shots.  They knocked them down when they were needed and provided some great defense as well.

and when # 32 stepped on the court she brought in a spark of energy and leadership that was awesome.  She also coaches a mean game from the bench!

Congrats and good luck Hardin!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="762461" timestamp="1266554731"]
And none of you people even bothered to come over and say hello to me.

I see how it is. :(
[/quote]

AAW i didnt even realize you were until the end. you've done a fine job this year on covering high school ball. i hope to come watch your tigers take on kountze saturday night. good luck to you

[quote name="Eagles2010" post="762453" timestamp="1266554503"]
to glorydaz, really? did you see what barlow did when she got in the game? turned the ball over every time she put it on the floor. I understand there were girls on the bench ready to play but those girls arent the ones who have had experience in these situations. it didnt matter who was out there on the floor tonight for the lady eagles because hardin played a heck of a game. and "LE Basketball" wont be what it has been next year but hardin will lol congrats lady hornets.
[/quote]
were you at the same game? Mia grabbed rebounds that the others couldn't get. Caused two turnovers for hardin. Yeah she needs to learn to pass it off to the point. But how much did EXPERIENCE do for us??!! You know why the underclassmen on hardins team did well? Because they have been rotating in and out. Perhaps if our players did that, when the starters get in trouble the win/loss wouldn't have been on their shoulders only. It's great that you support 2010 but the non seniors don't need your comments putting down the future of LE basketball. Just makes you look immature! If Brooke and meisha could have just taken a break and watched the game for just one minute, they could have adjusted the strategy but also it my opinion that the coach should take responsability for the things that didn't work. and tonite many things didn't work against hardin. To Meisha, Brooke, Kayla,Ashley. Thank you for bringing us great basketball for 4 yrs. 

Congratulations! to the Lady Hornets. They came to play and showed no fear of the undefeated Lady Eagles. There is a lesson to be learned from this. I took my two 8th grade girls to watch this game. I thought what we would see was a tough Woodville team beginning it's journey to State. What we saw was a determined Hardin team that played there hearts out and came out on top. We have all heard it said many times..... "Any team can be beat on any given day". You have to believe. Classic David vs Goliath. I have always told my girls you have to believe that you have a chance EVERY time you step on the court. You could see it in the Hardin girls eyes. They wanted this game! The Lady Eagles seem to have an attitude of entitlement. With that said the Lady Eagle still derserve credit for their acomplishments. A 30-0 regular season is unbelievable! 30-1 is heart breaking going out in the first playoff game.

[quote name="LR2014" post="762523" timestamp="1266583250"]
Congratulations! to the Lady Hornets. They came to play and showed no fear of the undefeated Lady Eagles. There is a lesson to be learned from this. I took my two 8th grade girls to watch this game. I thought what we would see was a tough Woodville team beginning it's journey to State. What we saw was a determined Hardin team that played there hearts out and came out on top. We have all heard it said many times..... "Any team can be beat on any given day". You have to believe. Classic David vs Goliath. I have always told my girls you have to believe that you have a chance EVERY time you step on the court. You could see it in the Hardin girls eyes. They wanted this game! The Lady Eagles seem to have an attitude of entitlement. With that said the Lady Eagle still derserve credit for their acomplishments. A 30-0 regular season is unbelievable! 30-1 is heart breaking going out in the first playoff game.
[/quote]
This is what I meant when I made a comment on a different thread but you summed it up perfectly..."Any team can be beat on any given day."  I'm really proud and happy for this Lady Hornet team.  Coach Balch has done a fine job with this very young team.  No doubt that Woodville was bigger, stronger and probably more athletic but all that isn't a match for a strong determination to win.  Congrats Lady Hornets!

[quote name="Eagles2010" post="762235" timestamp="1266544724"]
Donn't even start all this "I knew hardin could beat woodville." All of you had hardin to lose big. Hardin is playing lights out right now. They aren't letting woodville's best player #15 get the ball in the post and forcing woodville to shoot from the outside which they're aren't doing well at all. I'm not taking anything away from Hardin but these refs are a joke. Nobody saw this coming, not even the hardin fans. At halftime they were all shocked haha
[/quote]
copletely agreed, everybody doubted poor lil hardin. well guess everybody will have confidence in them now. this is exactly what they needed to give them the boost that they deserve.

[quote name="blah123" post="762587" timestamp="1266592320"]
[quote author=Eagles2010 link=topic=66202.msg762235#msg762235 date=1266544724]
Donn't even start all this "I knew hardin could beat woodville." All of you had hardin to lose big. Hardin is playing lights out right now. They aren't letting woodville's best player #15 get the ball in the post and forcing woodville to shoot from the outside which they're aren't doing well at all. I'm not taking anything away from Hardin but these refs are a joke. Nobody saw this coming, not even the hardin fans. At halftime they were all shocked haha
[/quote]
copletely agreed, everybody doubted poor lil hardin. well guess everybody will have confidence in them now. this is exactly what they needed to give them the boost that they deserve.
[/quote]Who does Hardin play next.
I know it was a big win, and the hardin girls got little respect. But need to look forward
and get ready for the next one.(JMOP)
Congrats on the win

[quote name="hornetfan4life" post="762673" timestamp="1266600779"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66202.msg762667#msg762667 date=1266600451]
Hardin will play New Waverly in the quarterfinal round.
[/quote]

You going to be there again?  Good work last night, really appreciate it.
[/quote]

Will not be able to make this one. I have a double header broadcast to do down at East Chambers that night.

[quote name="glorydaz" post="762508" timestamp="1266561198"]
[quote author=Eagles2010 link=topic=66202.msg762453#msg762453 date=1266554503]
[/quote]
were you at the same game? Mia grabbed rebounds that the others couldn't get. Caused two turnovers for hardin. Yeah she needs to learn to pass it off to the point. But how much did EXPERIENCE do for us??!! You know why the underclassmen on hardins team did well? Because they have been rotating in and out. Perhaps if our players did that, when the starters get in trouble the win/loss wouldn't have been on their shoulders only. It's great that you support 2010 but the non seniors don't need your comments putting down the future of LE basketball. Just makes you look immature! If Brooke and meisha could have just taken a break and watched the game for just one minute, they could have adjusted the strategy but also it my opinion that the coach should take responsability for the things that didn't work. and tonite many things didn't work against hardin. To Meisha, Brooke, Kayla,Ashley. Thank you for bringing us great basketball for 4 yrs. 
[/quote]

yes i was at the game. barlow made 2 or 3 rebounds ill give her credit. but when you take those starters out those other girls dont do anything but panic. we cant help coach b doesnt play them more but giving them playing time in an area playoff game wouldnt be on the top of my list either. but did coach b do? after seeing what they were doing to meisha in the post, a coach has to readjust and get her the ball. this game was in reach at halftime, coach b made no changes and hardin continued to handed to it to them. glorydaz im pretty sure you have a child or relative in the 2012 class which is why youre taking such a high offense to all this. or maybe your even a player from 2012 and your upset you havent played all year

[quote name="baseball25" post="762446" timestamp="1266554203"]
I saw this coming, its called game planning and planning one game at a time, i saw woodville twice this yr, and there first option is feed the post and all you gotta do is  clamp on the post front and back and thats what hardin did, take that away and  make them shoot it from the outside
[/quote]
If game planning is so easy, why cant the boys teams do it?
Not wanting to argue here, but game planning was only a part of this win.  The girls had a whole lot to do with it as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder