Woodville/Hardin/HARDIN WINS BY 14!!!/COMMENTS!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it's a little bit of both. I'm really impressed with hardin. They are playing well but I haven't seen woodville shoot this poorly. They literally can't buy a bucket. Congrats to hardin, this one is over. Woodville down 42-16 with 3:13 left. Woodville's best player #15 scored her first bucket with 3 minutes left in the 4th. I agree bobcat, Biggest upset in 2A by far. And nobody is making excuses, I'm given hardin the credit they deserve

Game stats

Scoring

Woodville

Brooke Taylor          20
Samantha Gilder        7
Meisha McNeal          5

Hardin

Shanice Williams        13
Kaylin Harrell              9
Mya Williams              9
Tara Jordan              5
Samantha Carpenter  5
Katelyn Barker            3
Megan Nichols            2

Score by quarters

1    2    3      4      tot
Woodville            7    5    8      12    32
Hardin              10    14    10    12    46

Foul shooting

Woodville  9/14  64%
Hardin      7/13  53%

3 point shooting

Woodville  5/20  25%
Hardin      5/10  50%

FG %

Woodville  9/58  15%    WOW!!!!
Hardin      17/44  38%

Turnovers

Woodville  12
Hardin      20

Rebounds

Woodville  33
Hardin      39

Even though Woodville shot a dismal 15% from the field, I was very impressed by this Hardin team. The 3 soph. starting guards, Mya Williams, Shanice Williams and Kaylin Harrell, really played well. They played with the composure of senior players. Very Impressive. Also the two junior starters, Tara Jordan and Megan Nichols played very well inside as Nichols had a game high 16 rebounds.Hardin got great bench support from Sr. Samantha Carpenter and Freshman Katelyn Barker, both hitting big three's to give their team a boost. It was just a great overall team effort by the Lady Hornets. Coach Balch did an excellant job. Hardin completely out played Woodville tonight.

With only 1 of the Hardin players being a senior, (3 soph., 2 Jr. start) the Lady Hornets should be very potent next year as well.

Congrats to Hardin on a very well deserved win.

[quote name="Eagles2010" post="762235" timestamp="1266544724"]
Donn't even start all this "I knew hardin could beat woodville." All of you had hardin to lose big. Hardin is playing lights out right now. They aren't letting woodville's best player #15 get the ball in the post and forcing woodville to shoot from the outside which they're aren't doing well at all. I'm not taking anything away from Hardin but these refs are a joke. Nobody saw this coming, not even the hardin fans. At halftime they were all shocked haha
[/quote]
DONT. I am all woodville and we talked about 2010 players being the team. coach B lived by them and died by them. Hardin came to play. What I saw was no fear of our 30-0 perfect season. Our starting five got on the floor and that's it. When things got worse, the harder they tried, the more fustration & fatigue came in. Barlow (2012) came in and gave a lil spark and then starting 5 fizzled out again. There were 6 other players on the bench that could have just given them FRESH legs and wanted to play. They couldn't have done any worse!! The coach lived by starters and died by them. Yes, I thought our girls were going to Austin again. I already made my plans for the next 2 weekends too. I expected a storybook ending and it didn't happen. TO HARDIN: You came to play, played an outstanding game and I wish the team continued success. Done with BB til next year. Beware... LE BASKETBALL ISNT OVER!

Guest baseball25
I saw this coming, its called game planning and planning one game at a time, i saw woodville twice this yr, and there first option is feed the post and all you gotta do is  clamp on the post front and back and thats what hardin did, take that away and  make them shoot it from the outside

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami