Out Of Control-99 Wins 1st Place in 10U USFA SQ in Splendora this weekend!

Guest Darren33

Guest Darren33
The OOC-99 girls played very well and took home the 1st place trophy this weekend in Splendora at the Super Bowl State Qualifier Tournament.  That win should throw us up into the the #2 seed in Texas.  In addition, the GT Shockers took 2nd.   The tandem teams represented our area well!   Lots of good young potential for the area.

Darren....

Guest Darren33
Our "Vidor Girl" Raven Britt mowed down and struck out 20 of 28 batters down the stretch with her pitching (resulting in shut-outs in every game she pitched in).  She throws as hard as any 10U pitcher out there.   Our hitting pulled through as well.  One highlight was Kori Jewell, our "Mont Belvieu Girl," hit one to the moon in the championship game.  She'll get one out of the park before we are done in 10U.  For the tournament, OOC-99 scored 31 runs, and the other teams collectively scored 5 runs against us.  Great weekend.   They are coming on well, and I love these kids. Although the USFA seeding is always variable, I know we just secured the #2 seed in Texas and #6 nationally at this point in time.

Darren...

hmmm... on that "crow hopping" thing... I've watched a LOT of pitchers in this division almost all of them "hop" at some point. Pitchers from EVERY team did that night on that field. When I asked our pitcher why she was doing that as it's not something she has ever done before.. she said "because there was a hole I was trying not to hit".

I think it's kind of sad really to feel the need to call a child out on a concept (crow hopping) they do not even understand at this level. Especially when they ALL do it. But I suppose when a pitcher can't be shaken in any other way trying to do so by having the umpire's go at her is simply a last resort. Albeit a sad resort.

Dottie...Just back from a tournament and read the board. I can assure you that this lol99 was not posted from anyone on our team. We had an 8:00pm game Saturday night and the entire team was having dinner and we did not leave the restaurant untill 11:00pm.

We are very proud of OOC and want nothing but good for your girls. We must never lose sight of what we are here for....yes, we all want to win, but never at the expense of any of the girls...this is and always will be about the girls. Congratulations on your state and national rankings....it is something to be very proud of! Coach "C"

Thank you Coach! I really didn't think it was someone from your team. But I'm glad to know for sure that it wasn't. I probably wouldn't even have posted a response except the pitcher in question read this and was quite hurt by it. I'll show her this in the morning.. it will make her feel better.

Looking forward to seeing your team again, they are a great bunch of girls. Thank you again!

Guest Darren33
I just read all of the latest posts.   This was a no big deal.  When the ump gave the reminder to drag her foot, she didn't get rattled at all.  She turned right around and fired in her next two pitches for strikes resulting in another strike-out.  I'm not against correcting the pitchers when they need to be corrected.  They need to learn.  In this case, the whole thing comprised 30 seconds of an entire tournament.  I'm shocked this minor issue even wasted peoples time on the board (thanks lol99).

Darren....

Guest Darren33
OK, I stuck a private eye on this one.  The infamous "CROW HOP" comment did not come from any of our opponents.   Rather it came from noneother than a disgruntled "pitcher parent" on my own team.  That was easy to take care of - That player is now gone, and good riddance to the dad that came with her.  Cut and Cull.  Sad, because the player was a good egg, I really liked her.  But the Dad didn't like others progressing in the pitching ranks past his daughter (even though it's been at least 6 months since we've seen him attend ONE game - that's a fact).  And well, I've worked to develop six pitchers so no one pitcher breaks the team if they are not there or leave.  And in doing so, some girls have passed up others.

If you are starting a new 10U team up and want to know more details about this one before you pick up a problem, feel free to call me.

And by the way, we are now looking for a solid utility player.   Only players with mature and fun parents need apply.

Try-Out Post to follow shortly.

Darren..

409-284-2879

[quote name="Darren33" post="763409" timestamp="1266720389"]
OK, I stuck a private eye on this one.  The infamous "CROW HOP" comment did not come from any of our opponents.   Rather it came from noneother than a disgruntled "pitcher parent" on my own team.  That was easy to take care of - That player is now gone, and good riddance to the dad that came with her.  Cut and Cull.  Sad, because the player was a good egg, I really liked her.  But the Dad didn't like others progressing in the pitching ranks past his daughter (even though it's been at least 6 months since we've seen him attend ONE game - that's a fact).  And well, I've worked to develop six pitchers so no one pitcher breaks the team if they are not there or leave.  And in doing so, some girls have passed up others.

If you are starting a new 10U team up and want to know more details about this one before you pick up a problem, feel free to call me.

And by the way, we are now looking for a solid utility player.   Only players with mature and fun parents need apply.

Try-Out Post to follow shortly.

Darren..

409-284-2879
[/quote]

Ouch! Too bad the daddies can't get out of the way and just let the girls play ball. I'm curious as to why a coach would choose to air his dirty laundry on a public forum... in the same thread that one of his parents has already mentioned one of the players on his team reading a post.    ::)

Darren,

Since you decided to post these comments, you ought to know something. It was not about the other players and pitchers getting more time on the mound. You can take whatever credit you want in saying that you are developing these girls as pitchers but they have their own pitching coaches. Nonetheless, they are great pitchers and kids. The reason we left was because you. As long as our daughter has been on your team, I can honestly say that she did NOT learn a thing! We felt it was in her best interest to go somewhere that she could get the coaching she needs to develop as a person and a player. We do not have another year to loose and not learn anything.
Now in response to a disgrutled dad and never being there...that was a cheap shot. Did you not remeber that we have 6 kids that all play select ball? So it is quite impossible for him to be there. Do you not know that we work with our kids on a continual basis and are either playing or practicing every day of the week?
I never wanted to speak against you or your ways of doing things. You know I am not the one to say a word, but if you ever want to post another thing about this situation, I will be happy to disclose publicly my disgruntalments as to [b]why a player and parent should not choose you as their coach.[/b] I am sorry that this has happened but I can not let this remark go unanswered publically. You can call me any time if there is more you want to know.

...........Just my opinion.............
I don't know "Darren" but I have seen his type before. I don't know much about the OOC organization  but I would rather not repeat what I have been told.
I Do, However,  know the parents involved. I am not great friends with them but our older daughters have played together for about a year. They have six kids and are VERY commited and dedicated to the activities that their children participate in.  They have a long drive to all of the team events and practices and their kids never miss an outing.  They have older children and a lot of experience with the correct way that a softball player and team should be handled.  Their children are very focused, hard working, and gifted. As a parent you spend a lot of time and money trying to prepare you child for the future.  In the competitive world of softball scholarships,  "there is no time to waste".  Verbal commitments begin the summer after your Freshman year in High School.  The player mentioned is a super kid and a super player. She will not have a problem finding a new team and a better situation.  The parents did the right thing. If you are not happy with the instruction or the team....then move on !  Each parent has to decide what is best for their own specific needs.  "Darren" needs to practice what he preaches. Who would want their daughter to play for a coach that makes the kind of comments that you made. Did you forget that you represent an OOC organization?  How do the other OOC coaches feel about your comments?  Will all OOC coaches bash the parents of any player that decideds to leave the fold?  People are not going to just sit around and let you make these kind of idiotic statements without defending themselves.  What were you thinking ???
    In 2018 you will be sitting around polishing your 10-U softball trophies while she will be playing college softball somewhere....and I know you will be sure to take all of the credit for her success.
The real Question is ....what are you really developing ? 

• 2 weeks later...
it is not good big daddy. sometimes people get caught up in the moment and do something regretful. i saw last year where a local gold team coached by an ex h.s. coach put a team pic on his teams website of the team that had won a big tournament. on there he scratched through players names that had quit his team and made note of it. he obviously realized how wrong he was and removed the notation  but not the scratch thru. i dont  visit here much, i stay over on football side. i just had a friend whose daughter was involved tell me. seemed pretty low. 

Guys and Gals this should be handled in person not on here. Kids are going to read this and regardless of who's right or wrong it's not going to help any of them. Every Coach has their own ways of coaching, some may be right some may be wrong. Parents are the same way. Thats why each person should decide if a team fits them or not and if they don't move on and find a team or coach that you like. But, I don't think this is the place to air any "Dirty Laundry" on any one. Coach or Parent. I can assure you of this, the man that put the OOC organization together in the beginning, is a GREAT Guy and he is in it for the kids.

Well said CC but you and I both know that when you run a youth sports organization, ( you have done it, and so have I ),  you are ultimately responsible for explaining to all of your coaches where to draw the line.  I am not picking on OOC, I feel this is true for [b]all[/b] youth sports organizations.  It is well known that your actions as a coach could reflect posotively or negatively on the whole organization.  That was one of the points I was trying to make.  It's time we held organizations and coaches responsible for the things that are said and done.  Anyone who is "in it for the kids" would agree.  Sincerely

I agree with what you say as well. The head of the Organization is ultimately, in the end, responsible for their Coaches actions. But, the question I have is if the Parents have contacted the person over the organization to discuss the problems they are having. It takes alot of communication on both parties parts to correct issues. You are also correct that Coaches can make or Break an organization.

Okay.. enough already. This whole discussion started because of an ugly comment made by the parent in question which by the way was pointed at MY daughter! I commented about it because MY daughter saw it and was hurt by the comment. That was what started this whole thing spinning out of control. The parents in question can say what they want about the coaching staff of this team but actions speak louder.. the ugly comment and pulling their daughter after saying they would if she didn't start the pitching in bracket games show different.

Big Daddy, you admit you do not know the coaching staff of this team and therefore truly have no say in this. You are stating things you know NOTHING about.

Let me tell you about the coaching staff of this team.. they are fair, work hard at teaching and YES they TEACH the girls skills. Certainly all of the pitchers have their own pitching coaches but as anyone who has played softball for awhile knows,  not all girls are afforded the opportunity to pitch and these coaches afford that to ALL  of their pitchers which only helps to make them better. The girls are thriving and getting better every week due to them. And they are dedicated to this team. I've seen a lot of teams where girls were put into positions they shouldn't be simply because they were the coaches daughter.. one of the coaches daughters is a pitcher and she doesn't pitch the majority of the time because he's not playing favorites. He's doing what is best for the TEAM.

These girls get excellent coaching and the comments made to the contrary were sour grapes. Should some of the posts have been made ... no probably not and I'm sure they were done in the heat of the moment without thinking and once they thought about it they removed them. The parents in question are good parents and their daughter is an excellent player. I love her and we miss her terribly. But this didn't happen due to bad coaching... it was for entirely different reasons.

To knock the coaching staff of this team is to knock the team. IF the coaching was so bad these girls would not be doing as well as they are and they certainly wouldn't be improving regularly. And I for one as someone who DOES know the coaching staff and the parents in question am a little tired of those not on the inside making ridiculous comments that they have no basis for.

And yes, the girls on this team might see the comments which again are a knock at them as well as their coaches and just plain wrong. If this is truly all about the girls lets move on. I for one am extremely proud of these girls and their coaches for the incredible job they're doing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder