crosby drops game with vidor

texans

Can't blame the kids for that. It's that the superintendent and the school board from Crosby are still living in the stone age. that was back in the 50's and 60's. Not like that anymore. geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzs. >:( just a very bad situation. Hated to see that happen. Where ever you go, you're going to have predujice people there. It's everywhere. Got to put the past behide you and go on. This was over 40 years ago and still getting riduculed bout it. I say, " LET IT GO" and move on. I lived there back in the 60"s. I went through all that crap. Just tired of hearing bout it all over again. Vidor's a good place to live and bring your kids up now. Sorry Vidor, hate to see you start hearing all this again.  :'( The Broncos would be glad to schedule you if we don't end up in that district. Would love to get back in yalls disrict though. Can't wait till it begins again. ::)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Red Pepper" post="751676" timestamp="1264803288"]
It's obvious to most that Crosby is the community with race problems rather than Vidor.

I hold Coach Flanigan to at least being partial to blame.  He scheduled the game/s.  He went to school in Lumberton and coached in Orangefield (2 of the many good schools in the Triangle).  He knows about all the area schools.  He should have stood up, told everyone about the good people in the Triangle and insisted the game be played as [u]he[/u] scheduled.  I am convinced that he could have kept the game on his schedule.  I have never heard of an AD with even a small amount of courage letting the Superintendent tell him who not to play for a bogus reason like this.  

Other Texas communities that have Crosby on their schedules should insist on a credible answer.  If I thought it was BS; I would petition my school to cancel the game.  

I would be interested in hearing from anyone concerning how serious the race problems are in Crosby.  Must have been very bad for the community to react in this manner.

Crosby ISD owes the entire Vidor community a public apology for their being narrow minded!
[/quote]really??? you think there are race problems in Crosby and not Vidor???????.....

try this site then tell me what you think....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/08/oppenheim.sundown.town/index.html

or this..................

Reported area around or near Vidor, TX 77662-5847

Pop. — African American 27
Pop. — Asian 108
Pop. — Pacific Islander 15
Pop. — American Indian / Alaskan Native 318
[b]Pop. — White (26,753 [/b]
Pop. — Other 316

Crosby

Total Population: 20,143
White Population: 15,147
Black Population: 3,596
Hispanic Population: 1,978
Asian Population: 82
Hawaiian Population: 5
Indian Population: 103

I think you are mistaken.... No race problems in Crosby...Now Vidor??....well I will let you be the judge in that.

[quote name="hitman009" post="752471" timestamp="1264956103"]
[quote author=Red Pepper link=topic=65269.msg751676#msg751676 date=1264803288]
It's obvious to most that Crosby is the community with race problems rather than Vidor.

I hold Coach Flanigan to at least being partial to blame.  He scheduled the game/s.  He went to school in Lumberton and coached in Orangefield (2 of the many good schools in the Triangle).  He knows about all the area schools.  He should have stood up, told everyone about the good people in the Triangle and insisted the game be played as [u]he[/u] scheduled.  I am convinced that he could have kept the game on his schedule.  I have never heard of an AD with even a small amount of courage letting the Superintendent tell him who not to play for a bogus reason like this.  

Other Texas communities that have Crosby on their schedules should insist on a credible answer.  If I thought it was BS; I would petition my school to cancel the game.  

I would be interested in hearing from anyone concerning how serious the race problems are in Crosby.  Must have been very bad for the community to react in this manner.

Crosby ISD owes the entire Vidor community a public apology for their being narrow minded!
[/quote]really??? you think there are race problems in Crosby and not Vidor???????.....

Pop. — Asian 108
Pop. — Other 316

Crosby

I think you are mistaken.... No race problems in Crosby...Now Vidor??....well I will let you be the judge in that.

[/quote]
Hey Hitman, you miss the core of the discussion. Nobody has said that Vidor isn't a huge majority of white folks, what they are saying is that like in most cases, the real problem with racism here is with those school board members of a different race (is that politically correct?) in Crosby who believe they will be greeted by a bunch of sheet wearing hillbillies with their 12 gauge propped over their shoulder and their gas soaked cross ready to be planted and lit. Shoot, if they are that worried about it, schedule their games with Lumberton.......oh wait..we're mostly white too. One benefit to that though.....Quanell already knows how to get to Lumberton. :o

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="752477" timestamp="1264958604"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=65269.msg752471#msg752471 date=1264956103]

Pop. — Asian 108
Pop. — Other 316

Crosby

[/quote]
Hey Hitman, you miss the core of the discussion. Nobody has said that Vidor isn't a huge majority of white folks, what they are saying is that like in most cases, the real problem with racism here is with those school board members of a different race (is that politically correct?) in Crosby who believe they will be greeted by a bunch of sheet wearing hillbillies with their 12 gauge propped over their shoulder and their gas soaked cross ready to be planted and lit. Shoot, if they are that worried about it, schedule their games with Lumberton.......oh wait..we're mostly white too. One benefit to that though.....Quanell already knows how to get to Lumberton. :o
[/quote]

If it is not an issue then why did the school board members feel that they needed to cancel the game? Please do not say financial reasons because we know that not to be true. If they would just come out and admit their mistake then I would let it go. The fact is the two school board members told the sup they did not want to travel to vidor and then the sup told the coach. This is when the head coached called and caneled the game, AFTER they asked us to play. Admit your mistake, say your sorry and the issue will be dropped.......

[quote name="hitman009" post="752471" timestamp="1264956103"]

Pop. — Asian 108
Pop. — Other 316

Crosby

[/quote]

That whole article was a bunch of crap with one intention....[b]start trouble[/b].

i just dnt understand it. The players in vidor arent racist. I mean when we played them they didnt say nethng besides "man yall are good" i think this is retarded i mean just because the majority is white does not mean they are racist. Lol. I mean look at friendswood, png, lake travis and stuff like that. Predominantly white but no racism... I think crosby is just scared to get whooped up on.

I am from Crosby and I would not doubt this actually happened with the school board members. Crosby school district is scared to make any waves when it comes to race relations. I don't agree with it at all ,but what do I know They need to wake up and quit living in the past.

[font=Times New Roman]I am from Crosby and I would not doubt this actually happened with the school board members. Crosby school district is scared to make any waves when it comes to race relations. I don't agree with it at all ,but what do I know They need to wake up and quit living in the past.[/font]

Finally, a cougar that makes sense.  You DONT suck cougar08.

[quote][/quote][quote name="the_dude_abides" post="752575" timestamp="1264982201"]
[font=Times New Roman]I am from Crosby and I would not doubt this actually happened with the school board members. Crosby school district is scared to make any waves when it comes to race relations. I don't agree with it at all ,but what do I know They need to wake up and quit living in the past.[/font]

Finally, a cougar that makes sense.  You DONT suck cougar08.
[/quote]Thanks,just telling ya'll how it really is . Crosby is a real good school district they just need to quit letting a few run things. Another words grow A PAIR !

Well all that we have been hearing is all true..Can not blame coaches..Got to blame people like hitman009 who lives where the #1 place in Harris County for unsolved murders and the #1 area in Harris County for money laundering businesses from drugs,all within Crosby ISD borders...If i was Vidor i would be scared to come to Crosby and i forgot about the shooting at the High School 20 years ago..Whats really amazing is how quiet there trying to keep a lid on this..Players did not have any idea about the game cancellation with Vidor or any of the parents..Whats really amazing is the majority of school board members went along with this because they were afraid to be called a racist..Sure wish somehow the Supt. could explain his reason in public...I really hope somehow we end up playing Vidor in the playoffs next year..

This just in....I have cancelled all of my morning trips to Shipley's donuts in Crosby because I am white and I don't want to take the chance of running into one of the select few school board members and scaring them.....geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  I thought Geraldo went off the air years ago...

This is without a doubt absurd. If it would have been for travel why would Vidor have been the only team involved. I wonder if all the teams on their schedule now are within 30 miles from home? Give me a break. I guess they will start telling the UIL that they cant travel very far, so please make our district close for us now!

I dont live close to Vidor or Crosby, but this is crazy. I hope the people of Crosby hold someone accountable for this because this is a hindrance to the progress of a less racial society. Of all the predominantly black teams that Vidor faces, you do not hear of any trouble and then they pull this?

CMON MAN!   

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Diamond-J" post="752992" timestamp="1265043641"]
I would like to see a Crosby/Vidor 1st round match-up.......in Vidor
[/quote]

Too bad Crosby won't make the playoffs next year.

[quote][/quote][quote name="GCMPats" post="752993" timestamp="1265043745"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=65269.msg752992#msg752992 date=1265043641]
[/quote]

[/quote]I'm glad you are able to predict the future. Tell me old fortune teller just who will be in the playoffs ?

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="cougars08" post="753026" timestamp="1265045118"]
[quote][/quote][quote author=GCMPats link=topic=65269.msg752993#msg752993 date=1265043745]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=65269.msg752992#msg752992 date=1265043641]
[/quote]

[/quote]I'm glad you are able to predict the future. Tell me old fortune teller just who will be in the playoffs ?
[/quote]

Well my young Cougar fan, the eight ball says- All signs point to: NOT Crosby!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder