Why not

Gabe

it could be like soccer and never move up... the fact of the matter is there just isn't much interest in girls' basketball on here.  the football forum probably gets 3 or 4 times the views during it's offseason that girls' basketball gets during district play.  i'm not trying to take anything away from the sport, just being a realist.

[quote name="Volley_baller2010" post="746969" timestamp="1264015033"]
i think which ever season it is that sport should be up top so basketball should be on top right now boys and girls and football should be last
[/quote]

yeah i second that..it shouldn't be too hard or a problem to do that..common courtesy..it shows that no sports better than the other.

[quote name="Ladybucs2012" post="747055" timestamp="1264030150"]
[quote author=Volley_baller2010 link=topic=64965.msg746969#msg746969 date=1264015033]
i think which ever season it is that sport should be up top so basketball should be on top right now boys and girls and football should be last
[/quote]

yeah i second that..it shouldn't be too hard or a problem to do that..common courtesy..it shows that no sports better than the other.
[/quote]

it sounds good on paper, but the fact of the matter is that the sports that draw the most traffic to the site will stay at the top of the list.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="747470" timestamp="1264098031"]
[quote author=Brian  Fantana link=topic=64965.msg747466#msg747466 date=1264097776]
Football has way more fans than girls basketball ever will even in the off season.
[/quote]

What a sexist remark!
[/quote]

thats very sexist... its only fair if which ever season is in should be on top just sayin...

[quote name="Volley_baller2010" post="747522" timestamp="1264101348"]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=64965.msg747470#msg747470 date=1264098031]
[quote author=Brian  Fantana link=topic=64965.msg747466#msg747466 date=1264097776]
Football has way more fans than girls basketball ever will even in the off season.
[/quote]

What a sexist remark!
[/quote]

thats very sexist... its only fair if which ever season is in should be on top just sayin...
[/quote]

amen, volleyball lol

In a related issue, is there anyone else that has noticed that KFDM always lists the SETX rankings for boys but NEVER posts the girls' rankings?  I am so put out with their bias sports coverage.  On any given Tues. or Friday, you will see television coverage of 3-4 boys games.  If you are  lucky you may get a little coverage of 1 girls game (if Central and Ozen are playing and the guys are playing afterward).  It's such a slap in the face for these girls and their programs.  I am reminded of 2 years ago when there were 3 area girls' teams in the regional round (2 going to the regional tournament) and rather than cover ANY of those games, they chose to cover a game between HJ and Silsbee boys that had no meaning other than seeding for 1st and 2nd in district.  (Don't get  me wrong, I love my Hawks but come on.........).  I immediately picked up the phone and called the station and let's just say I expressed my opinion....not that it did any good but I felt better!!!

[quote name="CoachKfan" post="749675" timestamp="1264519643"]
In a related issue, is there anyone else that has noticed that KFDM always lists the SETX rankings for boys but NEVER posts the girls' rankings?  I am so put out with their bias sports coverage.  On any given Tues. or Friday, you will see television coverage of 3-4 boys games.  If you are  lucky you may get a little coverage of 1 girls game (if Central and Ozen are playing and the guys are playing afterward).  It's such a slap in the face for these girls and their programs.  I am reminded of 2 years ago when there were 3 area girls' teams in the regional round (2 going to the regional tournament) and rather than cover ANY of those games, they chose to cover a game between HJ and Silsbee boys that had no meaning other than seeding for 1st and 2nd in district.  (Don't get  me wrong, I love my Hawks but come on.........).  I immediately picked up the phone and called the station and let's just say I expressed my opinion....not that it did any good but I felt better!!!
[/quote]

i agree girls get no recognition what so ever...you hit the nail on the head with this one CoachKfan

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder