Weather related cancellations

mfd814

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="739904" timestamp="1262888460"]
I was thinking the samething Chad.

What do those poor folks do up North? ::)

There is no reason to cancel any games.
[/quote]Have you ever seen Texans drive on icy overpasses?!?!?  :o

You could make a million dollars on American Home Videos just by setting up a camcorder!

Guest ECBucFan
Can't figure out the logic in this at all. According to Greg Bostwic, the percipitation (from early Thursday AM) when it was warm has ample time to dry before temps get anywehere near where icy roads could possibly happen. In fact, travel conditions are actually [i]improving[/i] as the day gets later on, although it would be a bit colder. Where is the supposed "safety" in moving things up?

Seems like nothing can be just left alone. I'm now going to miss yet another game due to too early of a start time.    :(

Guest ECBucFan
We (this area) just act ridiculous sometimes. Here is REAL weather:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WINTER_WEATHER?SITE=KFDMTV&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Castor27" post="740007" timestamp="1262895433"]
Don't think it was moved up because of weather. I'm not sure though. Also just saw in the Youth forum that HF vs BC is canceled.
[/quote]

EC vs. Warren Jr. Hi games moved up, both boys & girls.  >:(

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="740008" timestamp="1262895467"]

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WINTER_WEATHER?SITE=KFDMTV&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
[/quote]

Ridiculous??????????EC?  You would probably be one of the first to call for everybody's job that decided to have games if your kid's bus wrecked because of icy conditions  (even though the weatherman said it wouldn't.....I mean how many times has a weather forecast been wrong? ??)

How would you like to be the driver of that bus going over the "Rainbow" bridge and it hit a patch of ice?......things to consider.........

The safety of the kids comes first in my book...

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="740025" timestamp="1262897033"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=64473.msg739998#msg739998 date=1262895128]
Yes, but I would miss the NC, Superbowl, and World Series all together to watch my kid play in any Jr. Hi game. No contest!   
[/quote]

Im with ya there,, :)
[/quote]

that's why i don't have kids :)

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="horndawg" post="740023" timestamp="1262896861"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=64473.msg740008#msg740008 date=1262895467]

[/quote]

Ridiculous??????????EC?  You would probably be one of the first to call for everybody's job that decided to have games if your kid's bus wrecked because of icy conditions  (even though the weatherman said it wouldn't.....I mean how many times has a weather forecast been wrong? ??)

How would you like to be the driver of that bus going over the "Rainbow" bridge and it hit a patch of ice?......things to consider.........

The safety of the kids comes first in my book...
[/quote]

You are as wrong as you can possibly get, on every statement in your post. It's SAFER as the day progresses, moron.

Guest ECBucFan
Now, read this:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/local/Schools_alter_schedule_for_freezing_temps.html

It's all about "wind chill", NOT SAFETY. Get it? Do ya?  ::)

I tell ya what EC......call all your friends and tell them you would like to haul their kids over the "Rainbow" bridge tonight or tomorrow night around 10pm or later(about the times games are over and visiting teams are travelling home) and see how many takers you have.....It's all about the condensation or moisture that could possibly be on bridges that span over a body of water.......that moisture freezes at 32 degrees F and could result in ice on those bridges.  Wind chill has nothing to do with it, but, I would hate to be the driver of a bus going over a body over water, where there is freezing temperatures and the wind is gusty enough to push the wind chill down to near 0 (as stated in your beloved Beaumont Enterprise link).  That sort of wind would "play heck" on a bus I would imagine.
Why take a chance?  If there is the slightest possibility of ice on an overpass or bridge, why risk the safety of the  kids for a basketball game?

If your team does not have to travel over those bridges, then I see no reason for them to cancel.....but to make a statement about it "safer" as the day goes on without knowing the travel routes of the visiting schools? How much sense does that make?  I mean I have planned fishing trips based on weather forecasts of sunny skiles and light winds.....only to be blown off the water.....so believe every weather forecast is 100% accurate and see how far that gets you (no offense Coop)

Again, I repeat, kids safety should always come first................ ;D

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="horndawg" post="740120" timestamp="1262907687"]
I tell ya what EC......call all your friends and tell them you would like to haul their kids over the "Rainbow" bridge tonight or tomorrow night around 10pm or later(about the times games are over and visiting teams are travelling home) and see how many takers you have.....It's all about the condensation or moisture that could possibly be on bridges that span over a body of water.......that moisture freezes at 32 degrees F and could result in ice on those bridges.  Wind chill has nothing to do with it, but, I would hate to be the driver of a bus going over a body over water, where there is freezing temperatures and the wind is gusty enough to push the wind chill down to near 0 (as stated in your beloved Beaumont Enterprise link).  That sort of wind would "play heck" on a bus I would imagine.
Why take a chance?  If there is the slightest possibility of ice on an overpass or bridge, why risk the safety of the  kids for a basketball game?

If your team does not have to travel over those bridges, then I see no reason for them to cancel.....but to make a statement about it "safer" as the day goes on without knowing the travel routes of the visiting schools? How much sense does that make?  I mean I have planned fishing trips based on weather forecasts of sunny skiles and light winds.....only to be blown off the water.....so believe every weather forecast is 100% accurate and see how far that gets you (no offense Coop)

Again, I repeat, kids safety should always come first................ ;D

[/quote]

Your running your mouth without ANY logic or knowledge behind it. I did not say safer, THE METEOROLOGISTS DID. You CANNOT preach to me about bridges, period. I go over the Trinity river bridge twice daily (or nightly), and will do the same the next two days at 4:30 AM.

Oh yeah; I DO NOT BELIEVE IN LITIGATION. Lawsuits are not Biblically valid, so according to my beliefs, I would be the [i]last one[/i] to sue, not "the first" as you said.

Why did you attack me anyways? Chill out. dude.  >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder