Does anybody REALLY know what happened @ Ozen Tuesday night?

Slam14

Ozen varsity girls beat LCM Tuesday night in Beaumont.  This is not a whine or meant to downplay the efforts of the players at Ozen in anyway, BUT I'd like for someone (with real knowledge) to try to explain the reasoning for the events that took place Tuesday night.

This is what I know for sure. 
1.  Ozen calls Tuesday afternoon saying they need to "adjust" the times on the games for that night. 
2.  They inform LCM that they have two gyms and the freshmen and JV will play at the same time @ 4:30.
3.  When LCM arrives at the gym they are told "Well, about 5:00 instead of 4:30".
4.  The JV starts sometime close to that and the freshman walk to the other gym.  When they arrive at the other gym they are told  that the boys are having practice in that gym and to "just hold tight" until the boys are through with practice and then they can have the gym.
5.  When the boys practice is finally over, everyone is informed that "oh, we didn't get any officials for the freshmen game, we'll just get some coaches to call it". 
6.  The coaches try to explain that the AD @ Ozen "won't allow 3 games in the same gym in one night".  (What kind of BS is that?)
7.  Even though when the varsity game started they had 2 officials, the 3rd official shows up about halfway through the 2nd quarter because he wasn't informed about time changes.

Those are just a few of the things that made what should have been a district basketball game...a circus.

There were several other things that turned this small circus into something Barnum & Bailey would have been proud of.  This turned out to be one of the most unorganized classless sporting events I've ever attended.     

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="731740" timestamp="1261006914"]
You need to be making some phone calls to their athletic director.
[/quote]

I'm just a dad in the stands, but I've voiced my dissapproval to our administrators and I hope they get some answers and explanations from Ozen. 

[quote name="CRUSHCOACH" post="732055" timestamp="1261058651"]
What a JOKE ! I can't believe how a school can allow this to happen.
[/quote]

I wish some of this WAS a joke.  Some things can be overlooked as just bad planning or dumb mistakes, but a few things happened that any half-witted adult should have known should never be attempted.  I was upset and cut my original post short and omitted two of the most unbelievable parts of the night.
8. The varsity squads dressed in the [u][b]SAME [/b] [/u] dressing room! (I'm assuming because of the boys coming back from the other gym at some point, but that would have called for some thinking before hand.)  What do you really discuss in the locker room about the game with the opposing team sitting with you?
9. Part of LCM's pre-game ritual is a pre-game prayer.  "Comments" were made to players as they left the dressing room about their prayer and what they "should" have been praying for.

Anyway...I know I'm rambling and I know you're not supposed to let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch, but I'll never be able to view Ozen with any respect again. 

Oh, and for those of you who know me personally, I also took a few pics with my cell of Ozen administrators "on duty" that night and will be glad to share them with you. 

[quote name="Slam14" post="732121" timestamp="1261065676"]
[quote author=CRUSHCOACH link=topic=63891.msg732055#msg732055 date=1261058651]
What a JOKE ! I can't believe how a school can allow this to happen.
[/quote]

I wish some of this WAS a joke.  Some things can be overlooked as just bad planning or dumb mistakes, but a few things happened that any half-witted adult should have known should never be attempted.  I was upset and cut my original post short and omitted two of the most unbelievable parts of the night.
8. The varsity squads dressed in the [u][b]SAME [/b] [/u] dressing room! (I'm assuming because of the boys coming back from the other gym at some point, but that would have called for some thinking before hand.)  What do you really discuss in the locker room about the game with the opposing team sitting with you?
9. Part of LCM's pre-game ritual is a pre-game prayer.  "Comments" were made to players as they left the dressing room about their prayer and what they "should" have been praying for.

Anyway...I know I'm rambling and I know you're not supposed to let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch, but I'll never be able to view Ozen with any respect again. 

Oh, and for those of you who know me personally, I also took a few pics with my cell of Ozen administrators "on duty" that night and will be glad to share them with you.   
[/quote]

Heck what are you waiting on?? Send em my way ! ;)

Unfortunately both the boys and girls get the short end of the stick at the JV level but their is no excuse to have conflicts with practice schedules and game days. The reason I got in to officiating was because I got tired of watching bus drivers and football coaches call ball games.Kids that work all week deserve better regardless if they are jr high, jv or varsity players.

[quote name="whsalum" post="732728" timestamp="1261172119"]
Unfortunately both the boys and girls get the short end of the stick at the JV level but their is no excuse to have conflicts with practice schedules and game days. The reason I got in to officiating was because I got tired of watching bus drivers and football coaches call ball games.Kids that work all week deserve better regardless if they are jr high, jv or varsity players.
[/quote]

Amen to that. Even basketball coaches don't make good basketball officials ...

I wish people would stop the lies ...

[quote name="Slam14" post="731708" timestamp="1261003071"]

Ozen varsity girls beat LCM Tuesday night in Beaumont.  This is not a whine or meant to downplay the efforts of the players at Ozen in anyway, BUT I'd like for someone (with real knowledge) to try to explain the reasoning for the events that took place Tuesday night.

1.   Ozen calls Tuesday afternoon saying they need to "adjust" the times on the games for that night. 
2.   They inform LCM that they have two gyms and the freshmen and JV will play at the same time @ 4:30.
3.   When LCM arrives at the gym they are told "Well, about 5:00 instead of 4:30".
4.   The JV starts sometime close to that and the freshman walk to the other gym.  When they arrive at the other gym they are told  that the boys are having practice in that gym and to "just hold tight" until the boys are through with practice and then they can have the gym.
5.   When the boys practice is finally over, everyone is informed that "oh, we didn't get any officials for the freshmen game, we'll just get some coaches to call it". 
6.   The coaches try to explain that the AD @ Ozen "won't allow 3 games in the same gym in one night".  (What kind of BS is that?)
7.   Even though when the varsity game started they had 2 officials, the 3rd official shows up about halfway through the 2nd quarter because he wasn't informed about time changes.

Those are just a few of the things that made what should have been a district basketball game...a circus.

There were several other things that turned this small circus into something Barnum & Bailey would have been proud of.  This turned out to be one of the most unorganized classless sporting events I've ever attended.     
[/quote]

[quote name="COACH1UP" post="740034" timestamp="1262897482"]

[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=63891.msg731708#msg731708 date=1261003071]

1.   Ozen calls Tuesday afternoon saying they need to "adjust" the times on the games for that night. 
2.   They inform LCM that they have two gyms and the freshmen and JV will play at the same time @ 4:30.
3.   When LCM arrives at the gym they are told "Well, about 5:00 instead of 4:30".
4.   The JV starts sometime close to that and the freshman walk to the other gym.  When they arrive at the other gym they are told  that the boys are having practice in that gym and to "just hold tight" until the boys are through with practice and then they can have the gym.
5.   When the boys practice is finally over, everyone is informed that "oh, we didn't get any officials for the freshmen game, we'll just get some coaches to call it". 
6.   The coaches try to explain that the AD @ Ozen "won't allow 3 games in the same gym in one night".  (What kind of BS is that?)
7.   Even though when the varsity game started they had 2 officials, the 3rd official shows up about halfway through the 2nd quarter because he wasn't informed about time changes.

[/quote]
[/quote]

ME TOO!  However, this thread happens to be the gospel truth.  :o

[quote name="COACH1UP" post="740034" timestamp="1262897482"]

[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=63891.msg731708#msg731708 date=1261003071]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Your full of it!  ;D

If you know so much about Ozen and LCM then you would be coaching at one of those schools because only those two women know what transpired.

So get off Ozen and stop hating; I was there and everything thats written is not true.

Can we just let the kids play and move on from this pety subject.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin