NEWTON vs DAINGERFIELD PREDICTIONS

Guest Jmeek

[quote name="franksnbeans" post="721451" timestamp="1259680200"]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=63054.msg721412#msg721412 date=1259677809]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=63054.msg721375#msg721375 date=1259670419]
The game has been set for Homer Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches on Saturday at 2:00pm. This is the same stadium Newton beat Daingerfield in for the state title in '98. Maybe a repeat. Go Eagles!
[/quote]Lets hope of a repeat of those results, I really hope we get alot of fan support from the SETX coverage area. Come on out and support u local area teams.
[/quote]

I went to the Newton-LK game.  Newton had a pretty good crowd.  Not near as big as last year's Daingerfield-Newton game, but that is to be expected.  I also noticed quite a few Newton fans at the Daingerfield-EC game.  It should be a big crowd Saturday in Nacogdoches.  I expect Daingerfield to bring a big crowd as usual and being closer than Carthage for Newton fans, I would expect even more folks in purple this year.  Not to mention all the other East Texans who are just interested in the game.  I can't wait. 
[/quote] Win, Lose or Draw Both Daingerfield and Newton have earned this Game. Naturally, I'm Pulling for The Purple and White, as I know will the Fans of The Blue And White. Let's Give the Players on Both Teams Our Respect and Support, Our Best Wishes and Prayers for an Injury Free Game. " GO EAGLES "

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Newton players I talked to yesterday acted a little worried about Dfield, acting like they were not sure if they would win or not. That really worries me because Newton teams in the past allways played with alot of confidence. My msg to the players is not to worry about saturday, play Newton football and have fun.     

P.S. Play every game like its the last football game u will ever play, Leave it all on the field. I never live in regret.

Body language last Friday at half time said the team was beaten. Heads were hung, walking, no hustle. I've said all year this team is hard to read. They came out in the second half and played like they should have and won. Newton teams in the past have had that little swagger in their walk that said "I'm good", I don't see it with this team. I don't think Daingerfield will give them a second chance. If they can't get up for this game, maybe they shouldn't be here. I know this is blasphemous to state this as a Newton fan, but I have thought this for a long time. They give up easily. You can't just hope your going to win, you have to [b]know[/b] your going to win. That was the difference between the Newton team and the Kirbyville team in this years game. Now is the time. No tomorrows. I would love for them to prove me wrong. I'll be in the stands on Saturday to see.

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="722273" timestamp="1259767658"]
Some of the Newton players I talked to yesterday acted a little worried about Dfield, acting like they were not sure if they would win or not. That really worries me because Newton teams in the past allways played with alot of confidence. My msg to the players is not to worry about saturday, play Newton football and have fun.     

P.S. Play every game like its the last football game u will ever play, Leave it all on the field. I never live in regret.
[/quote]

Sounds like they have been watching film on the Tigers.  LOL! 

Well, if Newton plays the way they did in the second half against LK it will be a good game.  Barbay will have the Eagles ready to play I am sure.  They have the revenge factor.  I honestly don't believe the Eagles match up talent for talent with the Tigers, but the most talented team doesn't always win.  Daingerfield better come ready to play or Newton will make them pay.  Good luck to both teams.  This is what high school football is all about.. two great teams... 7 state titles between them... playing for a chance to represent Region III in the Semis. 

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="722299" timestamp="1259770684"]
Body language last Friday at half time said the team was beaten. Heads were hung, walking, no hustle. I've said all year this team is hard to read. They came out in the second half and played like they should have and won. Newton teams in the past have had that little swagger in their walk that said "I'm good", I don't see it with this team. I don't think Daingerfield will give them a second chance. If they can't get up for this game, maybe they shouldn't be here. I know this is blasphemous to state this as a Newton fan, but I have thought this for a long time. They give up easily. You can't just hope your going to win, you have to [b]know[/b] your going to win. That was the difference between the Newton team and the Kirbyville team in this years game. Now is the time. No tomorrows. I would love for them to prove me wrong. I'll be in the stands on Saturday to see.
[/quote]

ChampionEagle  Yep, Daingerfield is a good team,Just like Newton has always been, tradition dies hard..I don't think for one minute that Newton is gonna roll over and play dead,neither will Daingerfield...This Should be one of the best games played this week-end ..Newton is not gonna give up now...I hope for an injury free ball game to both teams,two good ones going at each other,it's just a shame that one has to lose...Wildcats are behind you all the way..Give it all you have Eagles

"GO EAGLES"

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="722273" timestamp="1259767658"]

[/quote]Why don't You do the Eagles a favor and not post anything that the You hear from the Players on an open forum, For The Whole World To Read. Whose side are You on?

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Newtonjb" post="722355" timestamp="1259779029"]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=63054.msg722273#msg722273 date=1259767658]

[/quote]Why don't You do the Eagles a favor and not post anything that the You hear from the Players on an open forum, For The Whole World To Read. Whose side are You on?
[/quote]

Newtonjb..I may be butting in,but I don't think he mean it that way...I think JC is just concerned that all the hype about the game is having affect on the players,And some time it can...But if I know Coach Barbay,He's fought way to many battles and is too smart to let that beat them..Come Game Day Newton will be ready..I'd almost bet the farm on it...JMO..

"GO EAGLES"

People seem to think that if you in any way question what you see, that your not a true blue fan. I have witnessed and participated in many, many seasons of Newton Eagle football, including the turn around from perennial doormats to multiple state champions. I was surprised last year at the way Newton got after Daingerfield and it was one of the most memorable games we have played in a while. Newtonjb needs to back off and leave Jcmeek83 alone. It is his opinion. People think that the entire world runs to read every post on this site. They don't. And even if they did, if their confidence is that thin to be affected by an open forum, they have a lot deeper problems than what someone has posted. I've posted my thoughts along the very same line more than once. It's opinions and everyone has one, including Jcmeek83, Newtonjb, and me. I've also witnessed Barbay teams accomplish a lot, but I have also seen Barbay teams bite the big one and fold like a dixie cup. Barbay is a good coach, but not a god.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="722365" timestamp="1259781877"]
People seem to think that if you in any way question what you see, that your not a true blue fan. I have witnessed and participated in many, many seasons of Newton Eagle football, including the turn around from perennial doormats to multiple state champions. I was surprised last year at the way Newton got after Daingerfield and it was one of the most memorable games we have played in a while. Newtonjb needs to back off and leave Jcmeek83 alone. It is his opinion. People think that the entire world runs to read every post on this site. They don't. And even if they did, if their confidence is that thin to be affected by an open forum, they have a lot deeper problems than what someone has posted. I've posted my thoughts along the very same line more than once. It's opinions and everyone has one, including Jcmeek83, Newtonjb, and me. I've also witnessed Barbay teams accomplish a lot, but I have also seen Barbay teams bite the big one and fold like a dixie cup. Barbay is a good coach, but not a god.
[/quote]

Good post champ, and your exactly right, the truth is the truth, we've had to admit the same here in Daingerfield on many occasions in the past.  Good luck to you guys this weekend, safe travels and looking forward to a hard fought game by both sides.

[quote name="~old_wildcat~" post="722358" timestamp="1259780110"]
[quote author=Newtonjb link=topic=63054.msg722355#msg722355 date=1259779029]

[/quote]

Newtonjb..I may be butting in,but I don't think he mean it that way...I think JC is just concerned that all the hype about the game is having affect on the players,And some time it can...But if I know Coach Barbay,He's fought way to many battles and is too smart to let that beat them..Come Game Day Newton will be ready..I'd almost bet the farm on it...JMO..

"GO EAGLES"

[/quote]My Concern is for the players reading the things that they have said, to a fan, showing up in one of these posts. They need to feel comfortable that what they say won't come back to haunt them online, otherwise they may decide not to trust us enough to talk at all.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[/quote]

sorreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  was just trying to help.. ;D I need to worry about Kville any way...We got a pretty good handfull ourselves....

[quote name="Newtonjb" post="722402" timestamp="1259784824"]
[quote author=~old_wildcat~ link=topic=63054.msg722358#msg722358 date=1259780110]
[quote author=Newtonjb link=topic=63054.msg722355#msg722355 date=1259779029]

[/quote]

"GO EAGLES"

[/quote]My Concern is for the players reading the things that they have said, to a fan, showing up in one of these posts. They need to feel comfortable that what they say won't come back to haunt them online, otherwise they may decide not to trust us enough to talk at all.

[/quote]
I tend to think that the truth can motivate as well. I hope they do read some of this and it boils their blood. They need to come out motivated and play motivated the entire game. These guys aren't first graders that do not need to be told about Santa. I've found that if you speak truthfully and earnestly that teenagers tend to respect you more than beating around the bush and treating them like little kids. There's always exceptions. By the way, old wildcat none of this is aimed at you.

Guest rykerx144
People seem to think that if you in any way question what you see, that your not a true blue fan. I have witnessed and participated in many, many seasons of Newton Eagle football, including the turn around from perennial doormats to multiple state champions. I was surprised last year at the way Newton got after Daingerfield and it was one of the most memorable games we have played in a while. Newtonjb needs to back off and leave Jcmeek83 alone. It is his opinion. People think that the entire world runs to read every post on this site. They don't. And even if they did, if their confidence is that thin to be affected by an open forum, they have a lot deeper problems than what someone has posted. I've posted my thoughts along the very same line more than once. It's opinions and everyone has one, including Jcmeek83, Newtonjb, and me. I've also witnessed Barbay teams accomplish a lot, but I have also seen Barbay teams bite the big one and fold like a dixie cup[/quote]

"Barbay is a good coach, not a God"  ChampionEagle

im framing this for later  lol

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="722548" timestamp="1259798006"]
As you know Rykerx, I call 'em like I see 'em.
[/quote]

I know, I couldnt help it!  sry  ;D

[quote name="CLASS of 2011" post="722650" timestamp="1259810825"]
[quote author=BUCMAN08 linvek=topic=63054.msg720168#msg720168 date=1259501571]
Can't stand newton fans so I can't cheer for their team. You are always dogging EC so what goes around comes around. Go daingerfield knock newton out.  on
[/quote]
your just mad cause  e newton can beat EC whenever they want
[/quote]stop  that  man  we  have a  truce we have gotten past  that  . there  are  some  good  posters on here  from  EC

Guest ~old_wildcat~

[b]Champ I'm just giving you a head's up...You need to go to Smoaky and check it out....[/b]

Look on:  Newton  VS  Daingerfield
              who you got....

posted by: coreyboy

I found it. I don't really care what they say. I have been involved with Newton way too long to be worried about what anybody else says. I've seen the good and the bad. I'm not very confident in this years team as I've stated. It's been a long time since I've seen a Newton team hang their heads like they did last week. And I had nothing to do with that. I don't think our defense has a clue as to what they are doing and our tackling makes me think I could run the ball on them. Someone else can make all the conclusions they want about us being scared or whatever. Daingerfield will bring their team and Newton will bring their team. I've seen really good teams go home a loser. On Saturday we will see.

I appreciate the thought. I just don't feel like I have to justify anything to the outside world when it comes to the Eagles. They don't have a bigger fan in the stands than me. But really, it's just a game played by high school kids. Who knows what is going to happen. I'm always positive with my cheering in the stands at the games. That's all I can do.

[quote name="Newtonjb" post="722355" timestamp="1259779029"]

[/quote] Are you serious? If a Newton player reads this and It makes him lose confidence then we are in alot more trouble than I thought,  If anything it should make the player want to prove me wrong.
    Moving on, Newton will show up ready to play they allways do for a top notch opponent, It's the way they are going in to the game that scares me. It reminds me of when we played Marlin and Tatum back a few years ago, when in came down to the big game Newton would allways wonder how are we going to win. Teams in the past would wonder how bad are we going to beat them. I just want to see that swagger come back and maybe if we can beat Dfield and go on to win state it will.

P.S. I'm going to post Whatever is on my mind and be truthfull about it, I am not going to sugar coat it for anyone. So if you don't like it don't read it,Sorry I'm just a straight up kind of guy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder