NEWTON vs DAINGERFIELD PREDICTIONS

Guest Jmeek

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="723082" timestamp="1259873494"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=63054.msg723081#msg723081 date=1259873307]
[quote author=Treetopjump link=topic=63054.msg723072#msg723072 date=1259873041]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=63054.msg723043#msg723043 date=1259872084]
[quote author=Treetopjump link=topic=63054.msg723039#msg723039 date=1259871902]
I really think you guys are just trying to make ya'll feels good with these stats from who knows where...........Bottom line, at 2pm at SFA  TIGERS vs EAGLES ..........YA"LL BETTER BRING YOUR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!17-2a  
[/quote] OK please stop talking about the stats if you do not like them don't read them. Im pretty sure Newton will bring there Game I just hope your players are no as arrogant as you Daingerfield fans are.
[/quote]Sorry for being so arrogant............Can't help that D-field is so up front..........That just BIG BLUE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!! You gotta love 17-2a
[/quote]

Who all is still in from 17-2A?
[/quote] None from 17-2A, 2 from 22-2a
[/quote]

None from 17-2A?  

The defending state champs are from 17-2A.. uh..humm.. we're still here.  And we're the one's that are arrogant?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, you guys need to lighten up and quit being so sensitive... Its just high school football not the end of world.....If D-field wins we are happy.....If Newton wins us from D-field will be good will that........... I know I will.....Bottom line, good luck to both the Tigers and the Eagles......may the best team win!!!!!!!!!!!!17-2a

Eagles                                                             Tigers
12-1       push    Overall Record    push                  12-1
5-1           Home record vs Travel record /               7-0
67.40                    RPI     /                                 69.88
21.83                   SOS     /                                 27.36
40.99               National PR  /                               43.50
43.85       /      Points Scored                                43.54
17.31             Points Allowed     /                          9.62
26.54            Average Point Margin  /                     33.92
                    Probable Winner   /

Newton is by far the Underdog in this one, but aren't we allways in the late playoff gms.

[quote name="westend1" post="723063" timestamp="1259872792"]
[quote author=JAKEBRAKE link=topic=63054.msg723051#msg723051 date=1259872505]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=63054.msg723043#msg723043 date=1259872084]
[quote author=Treetopjump link=topic=63054.msg723039#msg723039 date=1259871902]
I really think you guys are just trying to make ya'll feels good with these stats from who knows where...........Bottom line, at 2pm at SFA  TIGERS vs EAGLES ..........YA"LL BETTER BRING YOUR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!17-2a  
[/quote] OK please stop talking about the stats if you do not like them don't read them. Im pretty sure Newton will bring there Game I just hope your players are no as arrogant as you Daingerfield fans are.
[/quote]

Confident, not arrogant, and our players are as classy a bunch of kids you will ever have the privilege of losing to.  I thought that i was giving the Newton faithful and the team respect earlier JC, quit being so touchy, nobody from Dfield has said anything that Newton hasn't already said.
[/quote]

Jake, go back to Smoakie. (or is your suspension still in effect?)             :D :D :D
[/quote]

Hehehehe, no, I'm still in Smoaky time out, thought I would come play over here awhile but you guys are pretty sensitive.

Usually (but not always) when negative passing yards are reported it is net passing yards.  That is yards passing minus yards lost attempting to pass.

An example:

Opponent has 309 yards passing and was sacked 2 times for a total of 10 yards in losses.  Net passing yards for the team would be 299, though the QB would still be listed as having 309.  (These are the actually the totals for the Cowboys on Thanksgiving) This is actually the "correct" way to report total passing yards for the team.  For this reason it is common for the QB to have more passing yards than the team does (if they get sacked just once this happens).

It gets confusing for high school because most of the "stat guys" are fans with a pad and pen that just do their best to replicate box scores they see in the paper without bothering to learn the "proper" methods.  (For the record I am not disparaging them, simply making a truthful statement.  They are willing to do the stats where most are not..you take the good with the bad.)

It is not uncommon for there to be variation as reported by newspapers either.  For example the Beaumont Enterprise is not accurate for Newton as it has no stats for the CC game in week 0.

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="723066" timestamp="1259872862"]
[quote author=JAKEBRAKE link=topic=63054.msg723056#msg723056 date=1259872685]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=63054.msg723038#msg723038 date=1259871864]
[quote author=JAKEBRAKE link=topic=63054.msg723033#msg723033 date=1259871352]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=63054.msg723021#msg723021 date=1259870808]
[quote author=JAKEBRAKE link=topic=63054.msg723012#msg723012 date=1259870392]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=63054.msg722999#msg722999 date=1259869627]
[quote author=JAKEBRAKE link=topic=63054.msg722994#msg722994 date=1259869416]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=63054.msg722918#msg722918 date=1259861807]
[center]Newton
Avg. Points Scored/Game: 43.85
Avg. Points Allowed/Game: 17.31[/center]

[center]Daingerfield
Avg. Points Scored/Game: 43.61
Avg. Points Allowed/Game: 9.61[/center]

Team Off        Rush/Game      Pass/Game     Total/Game
Newton            299                62                361
Daingerfield       211               127               338

Team  Def       Rush/Game      Pass/Game     Total/Game
Newton             160                 71               231
Daingerfield        95                 116               212

[/quote]

You can take about 70 yards off those passing yards allowed by daingerfield, it's about 58 yards per game, and the bulk of that coming against Gilmer.  That would make our defense giving up about 153 total yds per game.  Your padding the stats to give yourself hope, that's commendable.
[/quote]
I don't pad stats man, I take real stats with realible sources. I tell it how it is I do not show favortism.
[/quote]

I bet if we wanted to look hard enough, the stats you put out there for Newton are incorrect.  All that matters is that come Saturday at 2:00 the score is 0-0 and the loser goes home, throw the stats out the window, or not, makes no nevermind to us or our boys.
[/quote] There are several places to get the Newton Stats and the Dangerfield stats if u would like to see where they are posted please send me a personal msg. as for me I get the stats from the Newton stat Tech and they are confirmed by the Beamont Enterprise. Dangerfield stats came from your local Newspaper and were confired by Texarkana Press also WOS GRAD helped confirm them. Anyways the stats don't matter they are just fun to look at the game is not won on paper it is won on the field.
[/quote]

In the words of the great Arthur Fonzarelli, you are correctumundo.  But the stats you put out there for us are wrong, we got them from the paper as well.  Maybe math isn't your thing, just know that we score alot and the other team doesn't, unless it's Gilmer, and your not Gilmer.  Looking forward to the game JC, safe travel wishes extended from the Tiger Nation to all the Newton faithful.  Don't take the jawing personal, we like to get under the skin before the game and then give the respect after the game, win or lose.  Newton is a worthy opponent and have the utmost respect from us here in the 645.
[/quote] While your freezing at the game I will be in the press box taking your stats and Newton's I will try to get it right this time, Since you Think you are so right in this matter. Like I said before the game is not played on paper, I hope for a good game and I hope whoever wins this game goes on to win state good luck to both teams.
[/quote]

I'de rather sit in the stands rain or shine with my Tiger Nation family any day of the week than sit in the pressbox to watch my team play.  Make sure you get the stats right JC, 1+1 = 2, so on and so on.
[/quote] Good way to show your class there buddy.
[/quote]

JC, are you menstruating, bi-polar or have some other condition that makes you extremely irritable?  Did  you not read all of my post earlier, if you didn't here it is.

Looking forward to the game JC, safe travel wishes extended from the Tiger Nation to all the Newton faithful.  Don't take the jawing personal, we like to get under the skin before the game and then give the respect after the game, win or lose.  Newton is a worthy opponent and have the utmost respect from us here in the 645.

[quote name="Hotrodg" post="723103" timestamp="1259874957"]
Usually (but not always) when negative passing yards are reported it is net passing yards.  That is yards passing minus yards lost attempting to pass.

An example:

Opponent has 309 yards passing and was sacked 2 times for a total of 10 yards in losses.  Net passing yards for the team would be 299, though the QB would still be listed as having 309.  (These are the actually the totals for the Cowboys on Thanksgiving) This is actually the "correct" way to report total passing yards for the team.  For this reason it is common for the QB to have more passing yards than the team does (if they get sacked just once this happens).

It gets confusing for high school because most of the "stat guys" are fans with a pad and pen that just do their best to replicate box scores they see in the paper without bothering to learn the "proper" methods.  (For the record I am not disparaging them, simply making a truthful statement.  They are willing to do the stats where most are not..you take the good with the bad.)

It is not uncommon for there to be variation as reported by newspapers either.  For example the Beaumont Enterprise is not accurate for Newton as it has no stats for the CC game in week 0.

[/quote]

Great post.  But I would just add one thing.  In high school football, sacks go against rushing stats.  It is not the same as in the pros where sacks go against passing stats.  In this case, New Diana actually completed a pass and the receiver was stopped 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage, thus the negative yardage counts against the team (and individual's) passing stats.  

;)

[quote name="franksnbeans" post="723117" timestamp="1259875702"]
I believe Daingerfield's correct offensive stats are these:

Rushing:  2959 yards;  228 yards/game
Passing:  1696 yards;  130 yards/game
Total:  4655; 358 yards/game

Those are the stats through all 13 games. 
[/quote]

Quite impressive.

[quote name="Treetopjump" post="722972" timestamp="1259867211"]
If D-field kept their starters in the whole game like you guys have done the whole year the stats would blow your mind.......Thats why I said stats don't matter....thank you again coming from 17-2a!!!!!!!!
[/quote]THis is going to be a great game.  BETWEEN KIDS!!!!!  Wife and I are Newton Faithful and just like most of the other Newton Fans we understand that these are kids playing a game for no other reason than the love of the game and cheer from the crowd.  Stats show me one thing - Dfield is a talented football team just as Newton is.  All of this, "who has better stats mumbo jumbo,"  is pointless.  We know Dfield pulls starters when then are wining and Newton Faithful know that Barbay (Greatest Coach Ever) punts and kicks fieldgoals on 1st down when they are winning.  All I care is about is that the kids have fun and stay healthy.  Of course we want Newton to win but I also want them to be proud of the game they played. 
FYI- Newton Faithful need to talk Coach Barbay into running up score and padding stats next year so some fans of other teams will have more to talk about before the weeks matchup. ;)

[quote name="cgenec79" post="723226" timestamp="1259888604"]
[quote author=Treetopjump link=topic=63054.msg722972#msg722972 date=1259867211]
If D-field kept their starters in the whole game like you guys have done the whole year the stats would blow your mind.......Thats why I said stats don't matter....thank you again coming from 17-2a!!!!!!!!
[/quote]THis is going to be a great game.  BETWEEN KIDS!!!!!  Wife and I are Newton Faithful and just like most of the other Newton Fans we understand that these are kids playing a game for no other reason than the love of the game and cheer from the crowd.  Stats show me one thing - Dfield is a talented football team just as Newton is.  All of this, "who has better stats mumbo jumbo,"  is pointless.  We know Dfield pulls starters when then are wining and Newton Faithful know that Barbay (Greatest Coach Ever) punts and kicks fieldgoals on 1st down when they are winning.  All I care is about is that the kids have fun and stay healthy.  Of course we want Newton to win but I also want them to be proud of the game they played. 
FYI- Newton Faithful need to talk Coach Barbay into running up score and padding stats next year so some fans of other teams will have more to talk about before the weeks matchup. ;)
[/quote]

Great post.  I agree... it's a game played by "young men" and I appreciate the effort put out by both teams.  I pay 7 or 8 dollars for my ticket to be entertained.  These [s]kids[/s] young men pour their heart and soul out for their teammates, their parents and the fans.  Trust me... it means way more to the players than it does to anyone else (fans, parents, coaches) anybody.... 

Looking forward to it.  I am glad we are playing a storied program like Newton.  I wouldn't want it any other way. 

OKAY...I am pulling for Newton, but after watching some game Film on Daingerfield...I do not know.  They have an agressive Defense...more so than KVille on 1st and 2nd down....The way Kville played on goalline last week, is how Big D plays most of the game...if Newton can catch some fire on some screen plays, or connect with a few slants over the middle, and catch the Defense on a blitz or in the wrong Gap, there will be some big plays...I see it happening 3 times at most for 60 yd plus...

Q1        Q2        Q3        Q4        F
Newton                  7          14          0          13      34
Daingerfield            15        14          8            7        44

Newton scores and goes for 2 with 1:30 on the clock..they miss the 2pt, but get the ball back...in going for 2 scores again, time runs out after a sack on 4th and 9 from the 37 yd line going in.....I hope I am dead wrong and Newton wins big, but this is how I see it.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="triskaideka" post="723293" timestamp="1259895218"]
OKAY...I am pulling for Newton, but after watching some game Film on Daingerfield...I do not know.  They have an agressive Defense...more so than KVille on 1st and 2nd down....The way Kville played on goalline last week, is how Big D plays most of the game...if Newton can catch some fire on some screen plays, or connect with a few slants over the middle, and catch the Defense on a blitz or in the wrong Gap, there will be some big plays...I see it happening 3 times at most for 60 yd plus...

Q1        Q2         Q3         Q4         F
Newton                   7          14          0           13       34
Daingerfield             15         14          8            7        44

Newton scores and goes for 2 with 1:30 on the clock..they miss the 2pt, but get the ball back...in going for 2 scores again, time runs out after a sack on 4th and 9 from the 37 yd line going in.....I hope I am dead wrong and Newton wins big, but this is how I see it.
[/quote]

DO You Have Other Visons? ???....There are Some Good Doctors In Houston Who Can Help You With This...  ???

DO You Have Other Visons? ???....There are Some Good Doctors In Houston Who Can Help You With This...  ???

[/quote]

Yes would you like to know what happens 2morrow, Next Week...how about NExt year...

All answers may be be given in due time.......................Le  tm    echec  km  y8b  all!!

[quote name="triskaideka" post="723293" timestamp="1259895218"]

[/quote] :o Holy crap hear you go again with your crazy high scoring predictions this will be a low scoring Defensive battle in my opinion.

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="723461" timestamp="1259934659"]
[quote author=triskaideka link=topic=63054.msg723293#msg723293 date=1259895218]

[/quote] :o Holy crap hear you go again with your crazy high scoring predictions this will be a low scoring Defensive battle in my opinion.
[/quote]It's a good thing that your opinion don't matter!!!!!!!!!Coming from 17-2a!!!!!!!!!!!No need for thanks!!!!!!!!!!

A question came up yesterday about Daingerfield's defensive stats. There is not one media source that has complete stats for the Tiger defense. But, after some research and digging I came up with what I believe are fairly accurate stats from pretty reliable sources. Of course, there will always be slight discrepancies in how stats are reported. Here is what I came up with for the yards allowed by the Tiger defense this year in each game, total for the year, and per game:

Altlanta: 58 Rushing; 111 Passing; 169 Total

Pewitt: 211 Rushing; 35 Passing; 246 Total

Celina: 201 Rushing; 68 Passing; 269 Total

Commerce: 68 Rushing; 75 Passing; 143 Total

Gilmer: 215 Rushing; 216 Passing; 431 Total

H.S. 196 Rushing; 60 Passing; 256 Total

Linden: 51 Rushing; 11 Passing; 62 Total

Jefferson: 143 Rushing; 14 Passing; 157 Total

Ore City: 91 Rushing; 23 Passing; 114 Total

Queen City: 15 Rushing; -4 Passing; 9 Total

New Diana: 221 Rushing; -6 Passing; 215 Total

Garrison: 108 Rushing; 10 Passing; 118 Total

E. Chambers: 133 Rushing; 130 Passing; 263 Total

Total: 1711 Rushing ;743 Passing; 2454 Total

Per Game: 131.61 Rush; 57.15 Pass; 188.77 Total

All this against what Massey says is the toughest schedule of any 2A team this year.

I've been gone awhile, come back and all Heck has broke loose. This game is what Texas high school football is all about. They make movies about these kinds of games. Two programs with storied histories that face one another with the loser going home. It don't get any better. Throw the stats out the window along with all that has happened up to this point, because it don't matter. Saturday, regardless of what happens, will be written into these great programs history, just as what all has preceded is. Wear your school colors, bring your blankets and get ready for some more history. Good luck Daingerfield and Newton. The Earth will still be turning on it's axis Sunday morning.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="723598" timestamp="1259947336"]
I've been gone awhile, come back and all Heck has broke loose. This game is what Texas high school football is all about. They make movies about these kinds of games. Two programs with storied histories that face one another with the loser going home. It don't get any better. Throw the stats out the window along with all that has happened up to this point, because it don't matter. Saturday, regardless of what happens, will be written into these great programs history, just as what all has preceded is. Wear your school colors, bring your blankets and get ready for some more history. Good luck Daingerfield and Newton. The Earth will still be turning on it's axis Sunday morning.
[/quote] Nice Post

Looks like it's going to be a cold afternoon for this game, good thing that it is during the day. Kville is going to be playing at night, its going to be freakin cold.

Snowing Like crazy in Newton!

[quote name="franksnbeans" post="723590" timestamp="1259946495"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=63054.msg723575#msg723575 date=1259944990]
4 teams rushed for over 200, so it can be done.  Go get 'em Newton!
[/quote]

One was Gilmer, One was Celina, and the other 2 (Pewitt and New Diana) were in blowouts... 46-0 and 64-14.  

[/quote]
Never the less, it can be done.  Celina put up some rushing yards.  Sure, Newton is a big underdog, but they do run well.  A few breaks, and who knows?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder