Vidor vs. Dayton Predictions?

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="705673" timestamp="1258089753"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62005.msg705507#msg705507 date=1258078724]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62005.msg705491#msg705491 date=1258078077]
i have no clue why you dayton guys r so cocky
it will make it even more fun when my pirates send yall fishin though
[/quote]
Two straight Region III championships, and a team that is improving every week, with possibly the best defensive front that Coach Stewart has coached can make one quite confident.

[/quote]
you think way too much of your team
[/quote] And you don't the same way of your team !

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extreme post of confidence here, but...
Who has more yardage....

Ploch + Fowler + Baldwin or the entire Vidor offense?

If Ploch has another game like last week, Vidor will be dribbling basketballs in the 3rd quarter.

Check out the video on youtube for the last Bronco football game.

The defense did an AWEsome job!
Lots of tackles behind the line of scrimmage.
Also check out the 4th down stop by Aaron Jenkins about 4 minutes into the video.
He wiffs the offensive linemen and makes the stop.

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="705673" timestamp="1258089753"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62005.msg705507#msg705507 date=1258078724]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=62005.msg705491#msg705491 date=1258078077]
[/quote]
Two straight Region III championships, and a team that is improving every week, with possibly the best defensive front that Coach Stewart has coached can make one quite confident.

[/quote]
you think way too much of your team
[/quote]well that was a lame statement.Not to be rude or anything but come on we all think alot of our team and yes we ALL sometimes think to much of our team.But thats what we do we think. ::)

[quote name="dayton" post="704830" timestamp="1258033160"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=62005.msg704825#msg704825 date=1258032955]
Question; [b]Has Dayton faced an O-line the size of Vidors this season[/b]? I have yet to see Dayton play. Also have they played someone who runs their style of offense? I have seen Vidor play once. They have 2 teams the one that played the Mid-county teams and the one that played Central the question is wich one shows up this weekend?
[/quote]

Not sure.... Friendswood was pretty large up front... I haven't seen vidor in person.

Offensive style??   Rollinac will have to chime in on that.

vidor always plays central close... so I wouldn't think it so much of a jekyll and hyde (sp? on both ) situation as it is just one of those matchups that seem to be tough for both teams.
[/quote]Vidor has lost to Central by a total of 8 points in the past 3 years, and they are a very good and very fast team.

[quote name="James Chandler" post="705884" timestamp="1258126260"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=62005.msg704830#msg704830 date=1258033160]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=62005.msg704825#msg704825 date=1258032955]
Question; [b]Has Dayton faced an O-line the size of Vidors this season[/b]? I have yet to see Dayton play. Also have they played someone who runs their style of offense? I have seen Vidor play once. They have 2 teams the one that played the Mid-county teams and the one that played Central the question is wich one shows up this weekend?
[/quote]

Not sure.... Friendswood was pretty large up front... I haven't seen vidor in person.

vidor always plays central close... so I wouldn't think it so much of a jekyll and hyde (sp? on both ) situation as it is just one of those matchups that seem to be tough for both teams.
[/quote]Vidor has lost to Central by a total of 8 points in the past 3 years, and they are a very good and very fast team.
[/quote]

yes... that was what I was getting at.

[quote name="rollinac" post="705015" timestamp="1258045817"]
[quote author=James Chandler link=topic=62005.msg705003#msg705003 date=1258044618]
[quote author=Pirates link=topic=62005.msg704037#msg704037 date=1257941265]
A little history between Vidor and Dayton.

1945 - Non-District - Vidor 24, Dayton 0
2006 - District - Vidor 7, Dayton 42
2007 - District - Vidor 0, Dayton 40

Dayton leads series 2-1
[/quote]I was playing for Vidor in 2007. We were a very new team. That was when all of the seniors we have this year were all sophmores.
[/quote]

Strangely enough all of Dayton's seniors this year were also sophomores in 2007....
[/quote]Thats really funny. I am not making any excuses for losing that game at all. Dayton was the way better team that year. I also felt that at the time that we had those first year guys, we had alot of issues and I felt that there were times that they didn't go to play. They just didn't care. That was just what I felt.

I'll tell you what, after watching Nederland, PNG, and WOS bash Vidor and Lumberton all those years I really love seeing the Pirates in the payoffs.  When BH played you guys the fans were always very friendly and the kids very respectful.  I wish you all the best.

Now, having said that, Dayton is our district partners so I have to pull for them this time.  Their fans are showing BH some love and I have to do the same.  Good luck both teams, but got to go with Dayton.   

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="705507" timestamp="1258078724"]
[/quote]

[/quote]2 straight region championships don't mean squat. Anything can happen on any given night. I am from Vidor and I hate to say it but Dayton might just have the better chance but Vidor is also improving and I know that coach Matthews is working them hard for this game and I hope that they bring it to dayton and knock them on their butts. I am not predicting anything but I just hope that Vidor comes on top.

[quote name="James Chandler" post="705920" timestamp="1258127879"]
[/quote]

[/quote][b]2 straight region championships don't mean squat[/b]. Anything can happen on any given night. I am from Vidor and I hate to say it but Dayton might just have the better chance but Vidor is also improving and I know that coach Matthews is working them hard for this game and I hope that they bring it to dayton and knock them on their butts. I am not predicting anything but I just hope that Vidor comes on top.
[/quote]

Our playoff runs mean a heck of a lot to us. For one thing.... it means most of the seniors on this team have played in 11 playoff games. And the rest have played or been on the sidelines for at least 6. You can't convince me that all the experience doesn't help. It doesn't make us win the game before we step on the field, but mentally it's an edge.... like it or not.

[quote name="dayton" post="705888" timestamp="1258126399"]
[quote author=James Chandler link=topic=62005.msg705884#msg705884 date=1258126260]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=62005.msg704830#msg704830 date=1258033160]
[/quote]

[/quote]

yes... that was what I was getting at.
[/quote]I know thats what you were saying. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents into it. ;D

Guest pirates
You should have seen the practice yesterday in Huntsville.  It's been years since I have seen a Vidor team so focused and business like.  I'm not saying we will win or loose, I do not make predictions, but this will be a great game.  Another game like the Central game, could come down to a few OT's.

[quote name="Pirates" post="705933" timestamp="1258128338"]
You should have seen the practice yesterday in Huntsville.  It's been years since I have seen a Vidor team so focused and business like.  I'm not saying we will win or loose, I do not make predictions, but this will be a great game.  Another game like the Central game, could come down to a few OT's.
[/quote]

That's cool that you guys made the trip to practice there.

btw.... how long a drive is it for you guys?

[quote name="dayton" post="705926" timestamp="1258128186"]
[quote author=James Chandler link=topic=62005.msg705920#msg705920 date=1258127879]
[/quote]

[/quote][b]2 straight region championships don't mean squat[/b]. Anything can happen on any given night. I am from Vidor and I hate to say it but Dayton might just have the better chance but Vidor is also improving and I know that coach Matthews is working them hard for this game and I hope that they bring it to dayton and knock them on their butts. I am not predicting anything but I just hope that Vidor comes on top.
[/quote]

Our playoff runs mean a heck of a lot to us. For one thing.... it means most of the seniors on this team have played in 11 playoff games. And the rest have played or been on the sidelines for at least 6. You can't convince me that all the experience doesn't help. It doesn't make us win the game before we step on the field, but mentally it's an edge.... like it or not.
[/quote]I am not meaning anything bad by you having that. That is a great accomplishment and it is a confidence booster. All I am saying is that just because you have 3 district championships does not mean an automatic win for anybody. I'm not just talking about just Dayton. I am talking about all teams in general.

Guest pirates
[quote name="dayton" post="705937" timestamp="1258128458"]
[quote author=Pirates link=topic=62005.msg705933#msg705933 date=1258128338]
[/quote]

That's cool that you guys made the trip to practice there.

btw.... how long a drive is it for you guys?
[/quote]

2-1/2 hours with the buses.  Probably 2 hours not running with buses.  105 to 146 to 190 then into Huntsville.  This time of the year, beautiful drive.  Dayton and Vidor have a great trip driving up and be careful.

[quote name="Pirates" post="705933" timestamp="1258128338"]
[/quote]I really wish that we could've done that in 2007 when I was a senior on that team. We just didn't have the experience we have now.

Guest pirates
Oh, btw

Sam Houston is having their last home game of the season Saturday at 2:00.  Stadium Director said with senior day and everything else going on, most likely will not open up the stadium until 6:30 for the game between Vidor and Dayton.  The point being, don't get in a hurry.

[quote name="Pirates" post="705958" timestamp="1258129327"]
Oh, btw

Sam Houston is having their last game of the season Saturday at 2:00.  Stadium Director said with senior day and everything else going on, most likely will not open up the stadium until 6:30 for the game between Vidor and Dayton.  The point being, don't get in a hurry.
[/quote]

thanks for that!!

[quote name="Pirates" post="705958" timestamp="1258129327"]
Oh, btw

Sam Houston is having their last game of the season Saturday at 2:00.  Stadium Director said with senior day and everything else going on, most likely will not open up the stadium until 6:30 for the game between Vidor and Dayton.  The point being, don't get in a hurry.
[/quote]
That is some information everybody needs to know!

ENJOY THE TRIP UP TOMORROW!

Can't wait for Saturday ! First playoff game is almost upon on us and its going to be fun both teams are getting ready to face off for a tough first round matchup! Who ever wins this game probably will see a lessor team in the second round . Good luck to all the good people in Vidor and have a safe trip !~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ GO BRONCO'S ~~~~~~~~~~~

[quote name="pirate68" post="705464" timestamp="1258076911"]
Looking at some of the times you Dayton guys are posting....Do any of you have jobs?Or are you all just a bunch of retired old farts? :D
[/quote]

We have time because we are in charge, just go ask your boss where he is from and it is probably Dayton!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder