*PN-G vs. Central Updates..PN-G Wins In 2 OT!!!!! DISTRICT CHAMPS!*

Wow! Incredible game. soulja, Central has my respect too. Those kids fought their hearts out and I felt for them having to lose the way they did. Central has the fastest, most aggressive defense I have ever seen at the HS level. Harmon was inches away from breaking big runs all night, but because of the speed and attacking nature of Central's defense they made play after play. I can't imagine how ya'll lost to Livingston with the team I saw take the field tonight. I am so proud of my Indians i could just burst. Great job hanging in there when it looked like we were in for a sure loss. Good luck to Central in the playoffs! I know ya'll are capable of going far. Maybe we will end up with a doubleheader somewhre down the road.That would be a lot of fun.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="700387" timestamp="1257574394"]
Wow! Incredible game. soulja, Central has my respect too. Those kids fought their hearts out and I felt for them having to lose the way they did. Central has the fastest, most aggressive defense I have ever seen at the HS level. Harmon was inches away from breaking big runs all night, but because of the speed and attacking nature of Central's defense they made play after play. I can't imagine how ya'll lost to Livingston with the team I saw take the field tonight. I am so proud of my Indians i could just burst. Great job hanging in there when it looked like we were in for a sure loss. Good luck to Central in the playoffs! I know ya'll are capable of going far. [b]Maybe we will end up with a doubleheader[/b] somewhre down the road.That would be a lot of fun.
[/quote] :) would be nice

Wow. Down to the wire. Well, that just proves that this area has more talents than you can shake a stick at. I'm looking forward to all of our teams being dominant in the playoffs! Good luck next week to the Indians, Jaguars, Bulldogs and, who is that other team? Oh yeah, my VIDOR PIRATES!!!!  ;D
Time to show everyone in the state who 20-4A is.

LET'S ROLL!!!

First off congrats to them Indians. I am very proud of the all out play they played tonight. But i must say that Central team is the REAL DEAL.  They played fabulous football all night. Cant say enough about the Jags. I see them making alot of noise in the playoffs. WAY TO GO INDIANS

Guest VBC1522
Great game. I'm a PNG fan but I thought the helmet to helmet contact was a little sensitive. Big game let the players play, but I know the refs have to make the call if it happened. I just wish you didn't have to play flag football with qb's these days.

I thought both teams played a good game and I know some calls went against the Jags during the 4th quarter. Let's not forget that PNG turned the ball over 4 times tonight to the Jags one (not counting the one in overtime). You just have to overcome.

What are the stats for #23 on the Jags and how much can he squat. That kid wouldn't go down for anything. Very good running back. That's the most disciplined Central team I've seen in a while (until the end of the 4th). They will do great in the playoffs and I hope they bring home a trophy.

This was certainly one of the best regular season high school football games played in Texas tonight, perhaps one of the best in Texas HS football history.

Central, I was very impressed. I was expecting a fight, but not one like that. Best of luck in the playoffs. Congratulations on your superior season and I look forward to next year's game. I expect a quick recovery and a deep playoff run similar to last year's.

PN-G, let's go kick some playoff butt. Look out Barber's Hill, here we come.

Definitely the best game I have been to in a long time! Both schools have great fan support because it was a packed house. Central's coaches did a great job this week preparing defensive schemes to contain the PN-G offense.  The Jags QB has a really strong arm and the RB's hit the holes as hard as anyone I have seen play this year. Good game Jags!  There is nothing to hang your heads about.  The playoffs start next week and everyone is 0-0.

As for Indians, congratulations to the new District Champs!  From 3-6 to 10 - 0.  Very nice turnaround!  Very few thought you guys had a chance to make the playoffs this year, much less win the crown and go undefeated in doing so. That never say die attitude should take you far in the playoffs.  Just need to work out some kinks and stop the turnovers, which were costly at times tonight. 

What an amazing night of football I wish I could've stayed past the half, even though I was watching it live at the station. I'm a proud PN-G grad but I was a huge fan of Central going into tonight. I'm blessed to see multiple teams with my job and tried to tell my fellow Indians the Jags would be a big obstacle because of their defense. Sure enough they did not dissapoint. Congrats to two of the classiest 1st year head coaches you could ever meet it's time for SE Texas to unite, let's represent.

Soulja man whats up with tha special teams man, its very important, thats a touch pill to swallow i just read tha article, u guys basically gave this game away with tha missed xtra points, but thats football bro, congrats to u though, and to all triangle teams

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="700130" timestamp="1257570757"]Players from Central moving the pile and then break out the pile and then you call him down where he was first hit at.  [/quote]
Remember the whistle blew several times on the play and our guys let up which is why he "broke free". A few plays later when PNG had the ball Harmon is about to go down (not in a pile) and the official (who had been swallowing the whistle all night) blows it as Harmon keeps his balance and breaks the tackle. Even the official knew he blew it. He was shaking his head yes, when our coaches got on to him about it. I do agree that alot of penalties late in the game?? Mostly the holding calls?? didn't see them. I did see however the hit to the helmet on the QB! Though I don't agree with the penalty as a whole...It is a rule and it was valid.
Great game either way. Jags will stir it up in what prooves to be a tuff D1 this year. Anyone of those undefeated top ranked teams that take the Jags lightly and underestimates those three losses, is in for a shock!!

Yea my Wildcats Lost But hey back on topic

Im so glad i came to this Game.it was by far the best Game ive seen since the Central/Angelton Game.Central was the better team tonite IMO but P.N.G had luck on their side.I would love to see 20 4a In the playoffs. you guys have a great district.
GOOD LUCK IN PLAYOFFS P.N.G AND CENTRAL

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="700315" timestamp="1257572905"]
I want to thank the PN-G posters on here for the congrads to my Jags.  I also want to say that PN-G fans are very classy clapping for our halftime show.  Finally, I was happy for the PN-G players that were celebrating on the field after winning the district title.  Although I wished the players in Marron was celebrating, you can't help but be happy for those kids from PN-G that busted their butts all night even when it appeared that we would run away with this game.  I'm serious. From this point forward, I will be riding you hard  in these playoffs.   I have seen how good you are and expect nothing but top notch football in these playoffs.  Keep those wheels churning and get these playoffs wins, Indians!   8)
[/quote]

All respect to the Jaguars.  You guys played lights out.  Very impressed with the defense.  Png made a lot of mistakes that they normally do not make....credit that to the Central D.  They were fast and would not let the Indians get into a rythm all night.  Great pass coverage and great pressure on the qb.  By far one of the top 5 endings I have ever seen in highschool football.  These were two oiled machines plugging away at each other with two classy coaches on both sides.  By the way, that half time show was absolutely the most entertaining I have seen all year....guess thats "why your recognized."  Great job

[quote name="GoodwIN" post="700617" timestamp="1257606234"]

Im so glad i came to this Game.it was by far the best Game ive seen since the Central/Angelton Game.Central was the better team tonite IMO but P.N.G had luck on their side.I would love to see 20 4a In the playoffs. you guys have a great district.
[/quote]

Luck on their side?  We had dropped passes and lost the turnover battle by double.....on the road.....but ok, to go 10-0, you have to have a little luck on your side.

[/quote]

FINALLY...someone agrees that 20-4A is a great district!  Now, can you go tell those jokers from 19-4A that...oh...nevermind...we'll SHOW 'em next week!

Oh, and I'm glad we have luck on our side, afterall, we're playing on Fri the 13th!!  :o

FINALLY...someone agrees that 20-4A is a great district!  Now, can you go tell those jokers from 19-4A that...oh...nevermind...we'll SHOW 'em next week!

Wow, what an absolutely incredible game and I'm almost sorry someone had to lose.  Two pretty good teams squaring off and I feel for the Central fans who think they got a raw deal because I somewhat agree.  The roughing the QB call was a HUGE call and really shouldn't have been called, but hey that's football.  I love PNG's offense with all the misdirection and the different looks.  #90 is an absolute stud at DT for PNG.  The backside end always crashed down and I can't understand why Central never pulled the ball on the zone read play because it was there ALL NIGHT.  Glad I came and good luck next week against 19...well maybe not ;)

I want to thank the PN-G posters on here for the congrads to my Jags.  I also want to say that PN-G fans are very classy clapping for our halftime show.  Finally, I was happy for the PN-G players that were celebrating on the field after winning the district title.  Although I wished the players in Marron was celebrating, you can't help but be happy for those kids from PN-G that busted their butts all night even when it appeared that we would run away with this game.  I'm serious. From this point forward, I will be riding you hard  in these playoffs.   I have seen how good you are and expect nothing but top notch football in these playoffs.  Keep those wheels churning and get these playoffs wins, Indians!   8)
[/quote]

thanks, nobody wanted to leave after the game got home late with no voice left. What a fantastic game i knew it would be close but not that close WOW congrats to your Jags soulja, now lets show the rest of state what 20-4A is all about

Im so glad i came to this Game.it was by far the best Game ive seen since the Central/Angelton Game.Central was the better team tonite IMO but [b]P.N.G had luck on their side[/b].I would love to see 20 4a In the playoffs. you guys have a great district.
[/quote]

IMO if you are, for instance, a 5-5 team and you commit several TO's and win a close game like this, sure lady luck may have played a part of it.  But when a team goes in to a game 9-0 and has the same breakdowns, it's time to settle down, regroup mentally and start drawing upon the strengths that got you there in the first place.

[/quote]

Now THIS is the Soulja we've all come to know and love!  Thanks.  Classy post.

I felt like this was going to be one for the archives, sounds like everyone at the game got their ticket price and then some. Congrats to both teams on a fine played ballgame, and now ROLL ON in the playoffs. PN-G and Central can both take this game with them into the playoffs, it may be a while before they play the caliber of football teams they faced last night. Central had a huge run last year, see if yall can't make it better this year....Indians you have a fine football team, and you seem to be getting better every week, so you are peaking at the right time. Wish I could have been there for that one, people in Southeast Texas will be talking about it for a long time. It's a brand new season now, go get 'em!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder