Nederland vs. Lumberton Predictions?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta give credit were credit is due !!! Nederland has come back to life !!! I believe the biggest change has been Nederland's Defense. They played Vidor tough, and won. Now Nederland's secondary will get a real work out with Lumberton's receivers. This game will be too close to call for me at this time. To many things to consider. Lumberton wants it bad, Nederland wants it bad, home field for Lumberton gives them the possible edge, but... Nederlands new found D can take the home field away. Look for a very close game with the win going to the team that can take advantage of turnovers or mistakes from the other side.

[quote name="cornhusker" post="694249" timestamp="1257167382"]
Hopefully the Dogs with Dionte at QB. He is getting more confidence each game and I think the team is feeding off of it. I personally think that he is the best QB on the Dogs roster.
[/quote]

I agree.  Watching the team make it's transformation over the last two weeks has been unbelievable!  Like I said last week against Vidor, our team is coming together and they have playoffs in their sights. 

Dogs with the W

This one is just too hard to predict. Could go either way. I realize the playoff implications will drive both teams but I think Lumberton has its back to the wall and, after two years of playing an 11th game, they really don't want to pack it all in yet. I say Credeur has them fired-up and ready and the fans show up in full support for the Raiders. All of that said, I say Lumberton takes it in a close one;

LUM 27
NED 20

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="695375" timestamp="1257220569"]
I have been pretty impressed with those DAWGS lately! New QB has been very good in what I have seen of him. I pick Nederland...
[/quote]

Oh yes. Dionte is a stud, man. He has stepped up and has really performed. He is not scared at all to extend the play and sling the rock.

I just hope the Dogs don't take Lumberton lightly, they've had our number the last 2 seasons. I don't think Neumann will allow our new found confidence blind us this week anyway.

BTW - I don't if Raider fans should be throwing the history card out there lol! Given Lumberton has beat us the last 2 years. Other than that, Nederland has brutalized the Raiders.

All this being said, I hope the Dogs stay focused snd punch their ticket to the dance for the 12th time in 13 years.

Ned by 14

[quote name="The Godfather" post="695578" timestamp="1257257247"]
I just hope the Dogs don't take Lumberton lightly, they've had our number the last 2 seasons. I don't think Neumann will allow our new found confidence blind us this week anyway.

BTW - I don't if Raider fans should be throwing the history card out there lol! Given Lumberton has beat us the last 2 years. Other than that, Nederland has brutalized the Raiders.

All this being said, I hope the Dogs stay focused snd punch their ticket to the dance for the 12th time in 13 years.

Ned by 14
[/quote]My point exactly, Lumberton really doesn't want to get into a history lesson here....I see Dionte going off against Lumberton for about 250 yards and Lovelady throwing down over 100 rushing....This game has ugly potential all over it....

[quote name="James Mosley" post="695957" timestamp="1257278494"]
[quote author=The Godfather link=topic=61610.msg695578#msg695578 date=1257257247]

Ned by 14
[/quote]My point exactly, Lumberton really doesn't want to get into a history lesson here....I see Dionte going off against Lumberton for about 250 yards and Lovelady throwing down over 100 rushing....This game has ugly potential all over it....
[/quote]

I agree, Mr. Mosley. We are not the same team today as we were at the begining of district. Lumberton won't know what hit them. I agree also. Dionte 250-300 yards slinging the rock, and Lovelady bulldozing for 100+.

Dogs are absolutely in no position to take anyone lightly and i can assure you Neumann and Company will see to it that it won't happen. Also this gorup of kids know all to well how this season has unfolded and they are not about be over confident playing anyone. Dogs will be focused and continue to play well on both sides of the ball and take care of business. It may be a little tuff going but i see Dogs winning this one by atleast 7.

Final Score    Ned 31
                    Lumberton 24

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder