Vidor at Nederland Predictions

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Ned wins.  But you can't hide the fact that Vidor has 3 rushers in the top 8 in the district.  This is after playing PN-G and Central.
And Ned's defense has basically been last all season.

[quote name="Geaux25" post="689150" timestamp="1256788005"]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=61263.msg689046#msg689046 date=1256781722]
but this years version of the Pirates is a little different than most years.  [/quote]

Heard this before.

Each season...for the past 6 years.
[/quote]

[quote name="spoonbill" post="688769" timestamp="1256757063"]
[quote author=TheRef link=topic=61263.msg688295#msg688295 date=1256698964]
Good Luck to both teams in the mud pit, called several jr high games at nederland this year and my cleats kept sticking in the mud on the pivot! Nederlands field is in horrible shape and I see a low scoring game after it rains all night Thursday night and most of the day Friday!
[/quote]i saw their field last night and it's already mushy and muddy. look for nederland's band to play some sort of fight song thru every vidor offensive play. i'm also sure they will mispronounce every vidor player's name when called.
[/quote]Thats about the class they will show Vidor.  None.  You people need a real life.  I for one have a son over seas and in harms way.  It's people like him that makes it possible for you to shoot your mouth off.  Have you forgot so quickly.    

[quote name="The Godfather" post="688828" timestamp="1256761243"]
I'm just curious as to why people from Vidor consider this a rivalry game. Because both teams have the same school colors maybe, I don't know... Would appreciate it if someone could point it out to me tough...
[/quote]It goes way back, I graduated in 1972 and it was then as it is now.  There are those Nederland folks, not all, that think they are just better than Vidor folks. 

[quote name="tinman" post="689164" timestamp="1256790486"]
[quote author=The Godfather link=topic=61263.msg688828#msg688828 date=1256761243]
I'm just curious as to why people from Vidor consider this a rivalry game. Because both teams have the same school colors maybe, I don't know... Would appreciate it if someone could point it out to me tough...
[/quote]It goes way back, I graduated in 1972 and it was then as it is now.  There are those Nederland folks, not all, that think they are just better than Vidor folks. 
[/quote]

At football? Through the years, they have been. This year should be a good game though. I think Vidor comes in as the favorite.

a[quote name="tinman" post="689164" timestamp="1256790486"]
[quote author=The Godfather link=topic=61263.msg688828#msg688828 date=1256761243]
[/quote][b]It goes way back, I graduated in 1972 and it was then as it is now[/b].  There are those Nederland folks, not all, that think they are just better than Vidor folks. 
[/quote]

Funny, I talked to a guy today that graduated from Vidor in '82, and he said PN-G was always their biggest rival back then. To paraphrase his words: "We didn't care about any other thing except for beating Port Neches."

And you need to relax, man. No one is subjecting you to any kind of inferiority complex.

If you would read the whole thread, you will find that I responded to the "you people" comment with an apology as I didn't mean to offend anyone.

However, facts are facts.

49-8-1 says a lot, Nederland has dominated this series, and I was just making a point towards that. These facts matter not come Friday night though.

Vidor comes in as the favorite no doubt.

:)Get off Tinman, you talk about him the way you always talk about Vidor.  OUR KIDS have played well this year and they should be allowed to play this Friday without people from Nederland trash mouthing their town, school and them also.  Get a life Nederland, let the kids fight it out on the field and not here.  You People sounds like you think your way better than anybody else around.  I hope and pray we beat the HECKK out of the bulldogs this Friday.  Go Pirates.   >:(

[quote name="Pirates73" post="689179" timestamp="1256795264"]
:)Get off Tinman, [b]you talk about him the way you always talk about Vidor.[/b]  OUR KIDS have played well this year and they should be allowed to play this Friday [b]without people from Nederland trash mouthing their town, school and them also. [/b]  Get a life Nederland, let the kids fight it out on the field and not here.  [b]You People sounds like you think your way better than anybody else around.[/b]  I hope and pray we beat the HECKK out of the bulldogs this Friday.  Go Pirates.   >:(
[/quote]

Please find proof of the bolded statements somewhere within my posts on this thread.

Thank you

[quote name="smitty" post="689035" timestamp="1256780962"]
Well, James, my friend, this is taken out of the PN-G playbook.  If Ned can get up by two or three touches then it will be difficult for Vidor to catch up.  And I hope this will be the case.  But, the question was about defense.  Vidor has 3 of the top 8 rushers.  Ned is 2nd to last in defense and has given up 1638 yards rushing.  My point being: there's nothing in the past that shows Ned can control a good running attack.  Central had 396 yards rushing against Ned.  Someone brought up the Waller game.  I believe Waller had close to, if not over, 400 yards total.  That night it had more to do with Ned's offense.  Plus the 1st game with everyone healthy, Ned gave up over 400 yards against WO-S.  So, you are right, something's got to give.  We'll see Friday night.  I hope you are right.

[quote author=James Mosley link=topic=61263.msg688986#msg688986 date=1256777485]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=61263.msg688809#msg688809 date=1256759427]
I'm not sure Nederlands defense can stop Vidors running attack.  If anyone thinks they can, what in the past 8 games gives you that belief?  I'm willing to listen.
[/quote]It's all about match ups, Nederland will flat out out score Vidor because of how the offense matches ups against Vidors defense, Vidor will then get way behind and try to go to a passing offense to try and make up ground and it will find itself even farther behind. There you go smitty, I pretty much explained how it will happen....Hope you enjoy the results Friday night...
[/quote]
[/quote]Nederlands defense is playing better now, better than in the beginning of the season. Again smitty, my point is, Nederland won't be defending against the run late in the game. One more thing, Vidor could still put up 400 yards rushing tonight and lose by three touchdowns. hard to believe huh?

[quote name="tinman" post="689163" timestamp="1256790280"]
[quote author=spoonbill link=topic=61263.msg688769#msg688769 date=1256757063]
Good Luck to both teams in the mud pit, called several jr high games at nederland this year and my cleats kept sticking in the mud on the pivot! Nederlands field is in horrible shape and I see a low scoring game after it rains all night Thursday night and most of the day Friday!
[/quote]i saw their field last night and it's already mushy and muddy. look for nederland's band to play some sort of fight song thru every vidor offensive play. i'm also sure they will mispronounce every vidor player's name when called.
[/quote]Thats about the class they will show Vidor.  None.  You people need a real life.  I for one have a son over seas and in harms way.  It's people like him that makes it possible for you to shoot your mouth off.  Have you forgot so quickly.    
[/quote]I for one think Vidor has a program heading in the right direction. To you tinman I hope your son has a safe tour while in the service and proud you should be of him. I never really looked at Vidor as being a rivalry but I know some people do. I still can't believe we lost to Vidor in 06. That was one great comeback for you guys. Shame there won't be enough time left this Friday night. lol

[quote name="smitty" post="688933" timestamp="1256774182"]
Yes.  But being at the bottom on defense will not win you very many games.  Stats are performance based. 

[quote author=Penny link=topic=61263.msg688881#msg688881 date=1256766180]
I'm not sure Nederland's defense can stop Vidor's running attack.  If anyone thinks they can, what in the past 8 games gives you that belief?  I'm willing to listen.
[/quote]

Nederland doesn't have a defense that will take over the game, but when the offense takes care of the ball and doesn't lose turnovers, they have played well.  They have given up the second fewest points in district, a stat that catches some by suprise.  If we take care of the ball, our defense will put us in position to win... did you listen?
[/quote]
[/quote]

What stat is more important that points against? 

[quote name="Penny" post="689224" timestamp="1256818545"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=61263.msg688933#msg688933 date=1256774182]
Yes.  But being at the bottom on defense will not win you very many games.  Stats are performance based. 

I'm not sure Nederland's defense can stop Vidor's running attack.  If anyone thinks they can, what in the past 8 games gives you that belief?  I'm willing to listen.
[/quote]

Nederland doesn't have a defense that will take over the game, but when the offense takes care of the ball and doesn't lose turnovers, they have played well.  They have given up the second fewest points in district, a stat that catches some by suprise.  If we take care of the ball, our defense will put us in position to win... did you listen?
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wins and losses?  :D  Just kidding Penny. I know where you were going with that!

[quote name="Geaux25" post="688996" timestamp="1256777889"]
[/quote][b]i saw their field last night and it's already mushy and muddy. look for nederland's band to play some sort of fight song thru every vidor offensive play. i'm also sure they will mispronounce every vidor player's name when called.[/b][/quote]

What?

This has to be sarcastic...
[/quote]not sarcastic...just true. it even happens in the jr high games. don't worry, you'll probably hear this all night. "shayne tipman with another pirate first down". that is if you can hear it over your fight song. no class.

You are right, I guess, if you are 8-0.  But look at the only 8-0 team and see what their stats look like.  #1 in defense and #2 in offense.  It usually goes hand in hand.  It's rare, but not impossible, to be 2nd to last in offense and defense and be 8-0.  What say you?

[quote name="Penny" post="689224" timestamp="1256818545"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=61263.msg688933#msg688933 date=1256774182]
Yes.  But being at the bottom on defense will not win you very many games.  Stats are performance based.  

I'm not sure Nederland's defense can stop Vidor's running attack.  If anyone thinks they can, what in the past 8 games gives you that belief?  I'm willing to listen.
[/quote]

Nederland doesn't have a defense that will take over the game, but when the offense takes care of the ball and doesn't lose turnovers, they have played well.  They have given up the second fewest points in district, a stat that catches some by suprise.  If we take care of the ball, our defense will put us in position to win... did you listen?
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Possible!  :)

[quote name="James Mosley" post="689198" timestamp="1256808059"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=61263.msg689035#msg689035 date=1256780962]
Well, James, my friend, this is taken out of the PN-G playbook.  If Ned can get up by two or three touches then it will be difficult for Vidor to catch up.  And I hope this will be the case.  But, the question was about defense.  Vidor has 3 of the top 8 rushers.  Ned is 2nd to last in defense and has given up 1638 yards rushing.  My point being: there's nothing in the past that shows Ned can control a good running attack.  Central had 396 yards rushing against Ned.  Someone brought up the Waller game.  I believe Waller had close to, if not over, 400 yards total.  That night it had more to do with Ned's offense.  Plus the 1st game with everyone healthy, Ned gave up over 400 yards against WO-S.  So, you are right, something's got to give.  We'll see Friday night.  I hope you are right.

[quote author=James Mosley link=topic=61263.msg688986#msg688986 date=1256777485]
I'm not sure Nederlands defense can stop Vidors running attack.  If anyone thinks they can, what in the past 8 games gives you that belief?  I'm willing to listen.
[/quote]It's all about match ups, Nederland will flat out out score Vidor because of how the offense matches ups against Vidors defense, Vidor will then get way behind and try to go to a passing offense to try and make up ground and it will find itself even farther behind. There you go smitty, I pretty much explained how it will happen....Hope you enjoy the results Friday night...
[/quote]
[/quote]Nederlands defense is playing better now, better than in the beginning of the season. Again smitty, my point is, Nederland won't be defending against the run late in the game. One more thing, Vidor could still put up 400 yards rushing tonight and lose by three touchdowns. hard to believe huh?
[/quote]

[quote name="spoonbill" post="689312" timestamp="1256826588"]
[quote author=Geaux25 link=topic=61263.msg688996#msg688996 date=1256777889]
[/quote][b]i saw their field last night and it's already mushy and muddy. look for nederland's band to play some sort of fight song thru every vidor offensive play. i'm also sure they will mispronounce every vidor player's name when called.[/b][/quote]

What?

[/quote]not sarcastic...just true. [b]it even happens in the jr high games. don't worry, you'll probably hear this all night.[/b] "shayne tipman with another pirate first down". that is if you can hear it over your fight song. no class.
[/quote]

You cite a middle school football game for your example?

Solid reference, bro.

::)

[quote name="Geaux25" post="689505" timestamp="1256837254"]
[quote author=spoonbill link=topic=61263.msg689312#msg689312 date=1256826588]
[quote author=Geaux25 link=topic=61263.msg688996#msg688996 date=1256777889]

What?

[/quote]not sarcastic...just true. [b]it even happens in the jr high games. don't worry, you'll probably hear this all night.[/b] "shayne tipman with another pirate first down". that is if you can hear it over your fight song. no class.
[/quote]

You cite a middle school football game for your example?

Solid reference, bro.

::)
[/quote]sorry, i forgot you graduated from nederland. the word "even" in this context means "in addition to" or "also". maybe you can understand that. if not, please refer to wikipedia. sorry, but for a minute i forgot who i was talking to. maybe they don't mispronounce the names on purpose. maybe you're the announcer and just can't read.

[quote name="Geaux25" post="689590" timestamp="1256842337"]
Not the announcer, but I have been to my share of Nederland games.

To quote a popularized politician, sir...

"YOU LIE."
[/quote]i've personally been to games, jr high and high school, where both of these things have been done. it's not a big deal. it actually makes the kids mad and fires them up. the referees usually tell the coaches about the band thing and it mostly stops. you must have missed the games i was at or maybe don't know the players names. i can't believe that you haven't been to a nederland game where the band plays during the opposing offenses plays. this happens a lot. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder