Calling on school board member from Shepherd

Guest etbu

The board member that cut the extension cord of the Cleveland train horn I must meet. I am going to try to make the Shepherd vs Huffman game and coffee  is on me. See you then and hope I can find you. I do not condone it just think its funny. I can see or hear it now HORN GATE.  8)

The board member that cut the extension cord of the Cleveland train horn I must meet. I am going to try to make the Shepherd vs Huffman game and coffee  is on me. See you then and hope I can find you. I do not condone it just think its funny. I can see or hear it now HORN GATE.  8)

Hope his cutters were insulated.....he may be still in a state of shock... ;D

Hope his cutters were insulated.....he may be still in a state of shock... ;D

;D

I can tell you just what happened!!  Yes Shepherd was losing and the lovely horn blower kept blowing the horn for every first down, every run, for every everything!!! Then she blew the horn when the Pirates where on 4th and long!!! The man went and asked nicely if she would not do that!  She said I can blow this horn when ever I want to! He then unplugged the cord and told her not act like that.  Then the other Cleveland board member said your just mad because your team is getting their A** beat!!  He said yes they are and you don't have to rub it in the kids face!  The Cleveland horn crew then had it plugged back in.  He said don't blow the horn on critical plays, you can blow when you make a touchdown etc....  The horn blower that she is later turned the horn to the Pirate home side and blew and blew!!! I guess the man loves the kids of Shepherd enough that he would risk ridicule from strangers to stand up for what he thought was right.  From what I hear he apologized and bought the rude guy an even better extention cord then what he had!! To top it all off at the end of the game they managed to plug the thing back in and when the Pirate team went to run into the locker room she laid on it again as they passed!! Regardless of the cord getting cut who does something like that to kids!! He made one bad choice to cut the cord but I think Cleveland must act like this on a regular basis according to other posts. 

Just hate to see this man's name drug through the mud!  I have known him a long time and he is a great family man. Would help anybody who needed it and does.  The kind guy that is hard to come by these days.  This was out of character for him in my opinion.  So he must have been really pushed to his limit!! As for Cleveland I wish them luck and hope they move up to 4A soon.

Just hate to see this man's name drug through the mud!  I have known him a long time and he is a great family man. Would help anybody who needed it and does.  The kind guy that is hard to come by these days.  This was out of character for him in my opinion.  So he must have been really pushed to his limit!! As for Cleveland I wish them luck and hope they move up to 4A soon.

won't happen anytime soon. They don't have the majic numbers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all "noise makers" banned from UIL events. I think Cleveland had better ditch the horn or have someone else operate it. I know there would have been some issues at The Reservation if that would have gone down here. I imagine there would have been problems in numerous stadiums if someone was blowing the dang thing that much ! Now playing Cherokee every three minutes is just fine... ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all "noise makers" banned from UIL events. I think Cleveland had better ditch the horn or have someone else operate it. I know there would have been some issues at The Reservation if that would have gone down here. I imagine there would have been problems in numerous stadiums if someone was blowing the dang thing that much ! Now playing Cherokee every three minutes is just fine... ;)

As a former Indian, (though from another Tribe), I can tell you that from what I have seen, most schools that have an Indian as their symbol have a lot of spirit.  But, when your mascot does a war dance, insure that he is in his tribal lands...not on someone else's reservation, or for that matter....ahem...cave.  Else said mascot will find his feather ruffled by the grassy plain of the football field...1999 LCM game, for example...?

I think it is hilarious also!   ;D ;D ;D ;D Keep your horn at home and blow it as much as you want there.  When you start bringing it to other peoples houses be ready for it to get damaged.

This horn was electric?   Who was paying for the electricity?    Where do you find a plug at a football game?

As a former Indian, (though from another Tribe), I can tell you that from what I have seen, most schools that have an Indian as their symbol have a lot of spirit.  But, when your mascot does a war dance, insure that he is in his tribal lands...not on someone else's reservation, or for that matter....ahem...cave.  Else said mascot will find his feather ruffled by the grassy plain of the football field...1999 LCM game, for example...?

UUUUUUUHHHHH......OK... ??? ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder