Will Kountze ever make the playoffs in football

Last time I checked there weren't any coaches on the field playing.  So yeah, it's nice to have good coaches but you need a good, senior thick group of athletes that have been playing together and running the same system for longer than 1 or 2 years.  Kountze's "best" shot was 2 years ago when they beat EC, and almost beat Buna.  That's long gone now.  Problem #1: gonna have a hard time getting a good fball coach that's ok with not being AD. Problem #2: all of the good athletes are in the gym. JMO

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25

Kountze needs to have a ad not a ad that's a trainer the ad needs to be the football coach/ad. As long as your ad is a trainer/ad it will never work out.

What kind of administration puts a trainer in that position? From the state of the entire sports program in Kountze, they should rethink that decision. He should have only been interim after Sutherland left until they could replace the position with someone who has the skills and the training for that position. Kountze needs to focus more on what you can do and less on who you are.  The players can only do so much...you have to have quality coaching.  Sometimes it takes more than just a new head coach, sometimes you need a complete overhaul of the whole coaching staff. If you replace your head and not your support and things don't improve maybe the problem is with the support staff. 

Guest HSFOOTBALL

Doesn't Kountze have a coach by the name of Dwayne Joubert ? I know he is the head basketball coach, but seriously, this guy is a genius when it comes to "winning football games". Probably the greatest athlete I've ever seen, this guy should have been playing on Sunday. Anyways, who knows? He may not even want to coach Football, but for the right price ya never know......JMO

I will wait until the final game of the season for Kountze this year. Then and only then if someone brings this thread back to life I will tell all what the real story in Kountze is. Utfan you do not know.

Lol Ive been in Kountze my whole I life Im pretty sure I have a good idea of how things work!!

I don't think that you can lay the blame at the feet of the coaches or even the AD they are not the ones doing the hiring.  The football program in Kountze has been sick for the last 30 years, and it seems that the people in the community have become immune to it.  The parents and students in Kountze need to stand up and say enough is enough we want a winning football program.

Guest Burkeville Chronicle

Of course they will make the playoffs one day...football, like life, is one big circle...and sooner than later the Lions will climb to the top. Good luck to them.

Guest Veronica Corningstone
[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="675879" timestamp="1255628511"]
Lumberton was asking the same thing three years ago...
The key ingredient...
BELIEVING YOU CAN SUCCEED!
[/quote]

They are going to need to do alot more than just believe

[quote name="utfan06" post="680556" timestamp="1255979623"]
[quote author=Justafan1 link=topic=60829.msg679892#msg679892 date=1255912172]
I will wait until the final game of the season for Kountze this year. Then and only then if someone brings this thread back to life I will tell all what the real story in Kountze is. Utfan you do not know.
[/quote]

Lol Ive been in Kountze my whole I life Im pretty sure I have a good idea of how things work!!
[/quote]

Kountze is a basketball town am I right or not?

[quote name="D WADE" post="686919" timestamp="1256590992"]
they wont make it in 2 years if their district is what it is projected to be cause they can't beat Newton, Kville anahuac, or EC even when those schools are on down years so the best they can place is 5th
[/quote]

I can't see kville AND newton being in this district. Maybe one or the other.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder