BARBERS HILL VS DAYTON......THE OLD RIVER SHOOTOUT!!!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would happen to BH if someone threw a match down into the storage caverns??  And and BH has too many chemical plants and the bait shop doesn't keep very good hours :P.

Alright....Ranger has decided to quit being funny and talk serious sports now....that's it!!  BH has made Ranger no longer funny and you suck for that!!

It just does not feel right to ridicule the less fortunate. I thought our Special Education numbers were down in GCCISD. Now I know where they all went.

Get all the mileage you want out last week's victory. We are looking to beat or get beat by a real football team and all of its tradition this week! Yeah we fell in our own mudhole and let a two year old toddler beat us, big deal! Now go back to your playpen young'un.

New BH Football Team Motto:

That's right! We're slow, we're white! (For all you English speaking "residence" of the Hill)

Oh, don't you worry! We will ride this horse until next year! Sort of like how BH does with their State Championships and such. (You know, live in the past.) But hey, it sure is better than the alternative. Best of luck with the "real" football teams. The New Kid on the Block just kicked your Arse!

There you are, I knew I could count on you Ranger! The Dayton guys just aren't in the mood. They are too serious this week, which may be bad news for us!  ;D

Guest Ranger83

What would happen to BH if someone threw a match down into the storage caverns??  And and BH has too many chemical plants and the bait shop doesn't keep very good hours :P.

Alright....Ranger has decided to quit being funny and talk serious sports now....that's it!!  BH has made Ranger no longer funny and you suck for that!!

It just does not feel right to ridicule the less fortunate. I thought our Special Education numbers were down in GCCISD. Now I know where they all went.

Get all the mileage you want out last week's victory. We are looking to beat or get beat by a real football team and all of its tradition this week! Yeah we fell in our own mudhole and let a two year old toddler beat us, big deal! Now go back to your playpen young'un.

That's right! We're slow, we're white! (For all you English speaking "residence" of the Hill)

Oh, don't you worry! We will ride this horse until next year! Sort of like how BH does with their State Championships and such. (You know, live in the past.) But hey, it sure is better than the alternative. Best of luck with the "real" football teams. The New Kid on the Block just kicked your Arse!

There you are, I knew I could count on you Ranger! The Dayton guys just aren't in the mood. They are too serious this week, which may be bad news for us!  ;D

I know! Really! It's only a game! ;D

I guess losing in Dayton is kind of like having to "kiss your sister". Ooops, wait, not seen as a "bad" thing for the people of Dayton. My bad! Let's see, what would be a "bad" thing to a Daytonite...........bathing?

I guess losing in Dayton is kind of like having to "kiss your sister". Ooops, wait, not seen as a "bad" thing for the people of Dayton. My bad! Let's see, what would be a "bad" thing to a Daytonite...........bathing?

;D You have a slightly different method for riling up folks, let's see if that gets'em going. That's funny!

Bh is no match for Daytons freshmen--this group is special

I do believe that BH is up 2-1 vs Dayton on this group, with the one Dayton has coming via a  ;missed PAT.  ;)

Purple would know , but i think you are right! The BH Freshman A team is a beast and so is Daytons A Team! Dayton should smoke the JV squad though! Our JV just isn't a JV since the introduction of a Sophmore team at BH. The Soph. team does allow more kids to play, but it kills our JV team.

I do believe that BH is up 2-1 vs Dayton on this group, with the one Dayton has coming via a  ;missed PAT.  ;)

We will see----but this group is gonna be one to watch

I have heard some coaches say this freshman group is the most talented group they have seen since they've been in Dayton .

I do believe that BH is up 2-1 vs Dayton on this group, with the one Dayton has coming via a  ;missed PAT.  ;)

We will see----but this group is gonna be one to watch

I have heard some coaches say this freshman group is the most talented group they have seen since they've been in Dayton .

From what I have seen, it is one of the best, but doesn't have the impact players like Dugat and Green.

However...

The 9th graders at Dayton do have abundant size and SPEED!  (lots of players in the 9th grade group are game breakers).

Will be interesting to see how they turn out as seniors.

"Bad" for a Daytonite....let's see....how about just having to take a trip to Baytown....to the Limelight - NOW THAT'S A GREAT PLACE!!

Guest Ranger83

"Bad" for a Daytonite....let's see....how about just having to take a trip to Baytown....to the Limelight - NOW THAT'S A GREAT PLACE!!

The Limelight? Isn't that some creepy monster/Urban legend in East Texas?

Yall are all talking about football, but Halftime, that's definitely going to be Tha Hill. Back to football, well it might be a nail biter for both teams. I say it will end up a close game. Hopefully our boys will send those purple ponies packin!

Edit:

Pardon the Typo I was thinking something and typing another thing, and the Academically acceptable was a mistake by the state. FYI c/o 2010's TAKS scores were exemplary with majority 98%. GCCISD is full of section 8 housing and people that don't give a flip about their education. I challenge kids from GCCISD to come to BH and try our curriculum, oh and we had strict discipline where as GCCISD does not. I can go on about all the problems yall have, but I'm not going to be a pompous prick like you ranger83.

Speaking from experience ?

Guest Ranger83

Yall are all talking about whose going to with the football game, but Halftime, that's definitely going to be Tha Hill. Back to football, well it might be a nail biter for both teams. I say it will end up a close game. Hopefully our boys will send those purple ponies packin!

Wow! A poster child for home schooling!

Yall are all talking about whose going to with the football game, but Halftime, that's definitely going to be Tha Hill. Back to football, well it might be a nail biter for both teams. I say it will end up a close game. Hopefully our boys will send those purple ponies packin!

LMAO .. thats funny there a band person chiming in . wow . umm i go to watch football not the band . 2 of my sons friends grad last year and no there is no reason to watch them just the fooseball team .LMAO . and i think they just need to hand county line on over to dayton . and the old river shootout umm who ever came up with that . kinda odd . BH is not old river . old river is a small little town that is very quite so to speak . and kids from Old River have to go to Bh . lol . but yeah i think its gonna be down to the wire on this game as my son used to go to dayton back in the day . when he was like in 5th grade . wow makes me feel old . i think 35-28 Dayton wins even without Payton .

Guest Ranger83

LMAO .. thats funny there a band person chiming in . wow . umm i go to watch football not the band . 2 of my sons friends grad last year and no there is no reason to watch them just the fooseball team .LMAO . and i think they just need to hand county line on over to dayton . and the old river shootout umm who ever came up with that . kinda odd . BH is not old river . old river is a small little town that is very quite so to speak . and kids from Old River have to go to Bh . lol . but yeah i think its gonna be down to the wire on this game as my son used to go to dayton back in the day . when he was like in 5th grade . wow makes me feel old . i think 35-28 Dayton wins even without Payton .

Alright Rollinac, he's one of yours. Makes the BH band kid look like a Rhodes Scholar.

>:( wow that was rude. :( QUOTE "LMAO .. thats funny there a band person chiming in . wow . umm i go to watch football not the band .          Some ppl do go to see the GAME AND the BAND and yes my child is in the BAND...

Watching a football game without the bands is not the same IMHO. Feals like a scrimmage when the drums are not beating! ::)

Oh and about the fresman and JV

JV is home game @ 7PM

Fresman White  is playing North Shore Away

Freshman Blue is playing Dayton Home @4:30 PM

Isn't the White our A team?? Does this mean Dayton's A is playing our B? Does Dayton have an A & B team?

Watching a football game without the bands is not the same IMHO. Feals like a scrimmage when the drums are not beating! ::)

Oh and about the fresman and JV

JV is home game @ 7PM

Fresman White  is playing North Shore Away

Freshman Blue is playing Dayton Home @4:30 PM

Isn't the White our A team?? Does this mean Dayton's A is playing our B? Does Dayton have an A & B team?

I know in the past we have played with 2 freshmen team...

Guess only one is playing tonight.

If the blue team is your "B team" and Dayton is only playing 1 freshmen team, that game will be ugly...

Pretty cool that the Eagles freshmen get to line up against north shore.

About the band...

I totally agree, it really adds to the environment of Friday Night Lights.

Your graduating this year?  Your parents might want to think about running you back through, your school'n didn't take the first time around.

Ohh boy, here we go! First of all I really dont care to see the band either but I love to hear them. Second, we all know where Old River is and "The Old River Shootout" is a good name for this game and actually not all of the kids from Old River go to BH. The county line runs right thru Old River and the kids on the North side go to Dayton.

Im now reading your other comments and trying to get you the answers. Your kid went to school in Dayton during the 5th grade and now you feel old. YOU ARE OLD!!! Your prediction is alright I guess but I think Dayton is gonna have a field goal in there somewhere.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder