WOS vs. Silsbee/Silsbee wins 13-7/Comments

lmto no jack today that was friday night late  lol. the best to the tigers the rest of the way,have a good week all of you.aggie its ok i did not relly need a coke just  some coffie now will do

So I take it that you are backing out of our bet on who advances in the playoffs deeper?

Typical. ::)

Just to save face for WOS I will keep skippers Coke bet. I will bet a Coke on just about anything. I don't even like Coke unless it comes in a blue can.  ;D

That's good of you TD, but I never wanted to bet just a coke. But it seems that's all that skip could afford. I was willing to put $100 or more on the bet. A soda bet is a waste of time but that's okay.

I was thinking it was a waste of time myself. At this point I'm not willing to make that bet. I don't know enough about the playoffs and who would play whom. As I try to figure out more about the playoffs and see that we both make it  ;D , we can discuss it before the playoffs begin.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmto no jack today that was friday night late  lol. the best to the tigers the rest of the way,have a good week all of you.aggie its ok i did not relly need a coke just  some coffie now will do

So I take it that you are backing out of our bet on who advances in the playoffs deeper?

Just to save face for WOS I will keep skippers Coke bet. I will bet a Coke on just about anything. I don't even like Coke unless it comes in a blue can.  ;D

That's good of you TD, but I never wanted to bet just a coke. But it seems that's all that skip could afford. I was willing to put $100 or more on the bet. A soda bet is a waste of time but that's okay.

I was thinking it was a waste of time myself. At this point I'm not willing to make that bet. I don't know enough about the playoffs and who would play whom. As I try to figure out more about the playoffs and see that we both make it  ;D , we can discuss it before the playoffs begin.

Fair enough, td, good points.

I want to see what division Gilmer goes in too. ;) ;D

Guest Silsbee88

Thats a key

So we are the better team, we did more with your misstakes the you did with ours. End result is the same Silsbee wins. It would not have mattered what WOS would have changed on offense, Silsbee would win. Plan and simple. Go Tigers!!!

I agree that you were the better team that night. The bottom line is both our defenses played well. Your offense played much better than ours and we lost, just like it should be.

Shoot, at this point, I just hope we get in! ::)

I guarantee you that last year's OC could have put some offensive points on the board in this one.

You can  ??? Is he gonna run a punt or a kickoff back? ::)It was tuff conditions to play in and the Tigers excuted better.Dont blame the OC..He does not run block or catch passes.

Players aren't executing though...

You're right COOP. However, after speaking with several players on Monday, there's no ONE player taking blame or pointing fingers, the TEAM is to blame and they are all fully aware of the situation. Things are changing for the betterment of the team as of this past Saturday morning as the kids/coaches watched playback of the game. Believe you me, coaches and players alike are moving forward and are working hard towards getting better come playoff time!!!

I guarantee you that last year's OC could have put some offensive points on the board in this one.

You probably know very little about football with that kind of statement. People are so quick to blame to the coach...

Yep, we could have Jimmy Johnson running the show and still lose. You can be a hell of a coach, but cant make the kids execute the plays. I dont care who you are. We got beat hands down. Lets drop it and look forward to the future.

You probably know very little about football with that kind of statement. People are so quick to blame to the coach...

Yep, we could have Jimmy Johnson running the show and still lose. You can be a heck of a coach, but cant make the kids execute the plays. I dont care who you are. We got beat hands down. Lets drop it and look forward to the future.

heck Jimmy won't lose much with athletes

Ok its not one persons fault! It was a loss that includes the players and coaches! No matter what play the coach calls it is still the players job to execute that particular play! And their have been some weird playcalling so its on the players and coaches as a whole! Cant blame either one in a loss! Just gotta accept the defeat and improve!

AT THIS POINT WO-S is not as good as the years passed lol. right on brother, still early and trying to learn a new type of offense from a new OC.things will get better count on it.the mustangs will be back on track soon mark my word on this one. i was looking over chapels records from past years and man i got SHOCKED.thay won only 4 games  and backed into the playoff FORGOT WHAT YEAR  it was ,but thay became state champs thay shocked every sports writter in the state that year, dose enyone rember that

Guest Silsbee88

AT THIS POINT WO-S is not as good as the years passed lol. right on brother, still early and trying to learn a new type of offense from a new OC.things will get better count on it.the mustangs will be back on track soon mark my word on this one. i was looking over chapels records from past years and man i got SHOCKED.thay won only 4 games  and backed into the playoff FORGOT WHAT YEAR  it was ,but thay became state champs thay shocked every sports writter in the state that year, dose enyone rember that

Skipper, we know the pain of WOS, believe me we have been there.......the most important part is stay the course.  Right the ship, don't pass blame, continue support - the boys can sense unease.....and the Stangs will be right back in the mix very soon!

Guest tigersvoice

i think hes referring to coop mentioning the kids name who dropped the "go ahead td." i dont know if he wouldve scored or not but he did infact drop the pass so i see no harm in it.

If Coop wants to put the onus on one Mustang on one play, let him.

Guest tigersvoice

to reply to the pregame drama, the mustangs have been running to the end of the endzone to pray before each half.  the silsbee drill team was still on our side where the mustangs always pray in the endzone.  if we would have have ran between the silsbee drill team we would have been called classless.  so we go to the endzone where no one was at and we still have no class.  both teams had a tough time getting things going on offense, silsbee made the plays and wos didnt. thats the bottom line.  silsbee deserved to win.  on a lighter note silsbee beat us in 98.... in the rain. silsbee beat us in 09....in the rain.  i think from now on silsbee game plan against wos should be......pray for rain.   ;D  good game tigers.  

Who brought this up as classless?

Guest tigersvoice

My opinion on last night game.....

Silsbee wanted it way more. you could tell from their swagger and heart.

Silsbees record DOES NOT indicate their team. They are good, maybe real good.

Johnson is going to be a good one, just wished he would have stayed in Texas.

As for my Mustangs...??? Where is the leadership on the offensive side of the ball? Our defense played great, but if we cant score on Offense we cant win. Yeah, weather had a factor, but on both sides. Our guys looked lost and had no determination on offense. It looked like we were going through the motions. Our O.C. is great and a great man, but you cant make the kids execute plays. He did his best to get the kids in it, but seemed like they wanted to lollygag around. Where in the ***** is the dicipline on the offensive side of the ball? Where were the Mustangs last night, because they sure werent playing football.

As much as i hate to say it, IMO the better team won last night.

This is a good post and in my opinion he has identified the problem.  WO-S has plenty of talent - pretty much as always.  The WO-S coaching staff is excellent; no change there.  What is

lacking it seems to me is ON THE FIELD leadership.  Offensively,

the Mustangs do not react with the precision and sharpness as

in past seasons (that is carrying out your individual assignment) and there is nobody ON THE FIELD getting in their faces about it.  

Now, normally it is your QB that is going to do that.  In the absence of that, the senior players exert the leadership.  Just seems to me that that is the difference this year compared to other years.  And for those naysayers - the Mustangs will be there at the end of the season.

You can blame coaches lack of execution bla bla.. Wos is not as good as previous years end of story..

You can say what you want but it is execution, they have talent like they always have in fact the OL is even bigger, youth is a problem right now but the 19+ back next season there will be no youth.

Tigersvoice I originally said it was classless but when given this explanation.  I said I didn't realize that the drill team was still there and said in that case I could understand coming to our side but felt the sliding was still excessive and saw where at least some of our players and coaches were fired up about it as well.

This team still isnt close to clicking at all cylinders but they will be soon i guarantee it! And when they do we will see what all you people say about them not being as good as years past! Once the OC and the Offense get on the same page we will be the same power ouse stangs as usual and i expect lots and lots of good things from this team real soon! The stangs will no doubt shut all you doubters up! And ill take that to the bank!