Dayton vs. Crosby

B.M.F.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is there to talk about, Dayton has a better football team than Crosby. Stewart is a better coach than Flannigan. That's not taking anything away from the kids, they still prepare and play hard. I would love to talk smack about it, and I would love to see Crosby win, just don't see it happening. Let's continue this discussion later with Basketball, Softball, and Baseball. You still have to applaud the kids no matter what they do, win or lose. It's just nice to have bragging rights.

In this quote lies the problem!  way to support your program TEL.... could this mentality be filtering down to the Kids??   if they are doing what you say; putting their heads down when the first time it goes bad, saying they can't  beat them, and then blaming the coach?   this is the same mentality of the above statement.!!!!

Is this what you want to teach our kids?  If it is going to be tough, quit and don't worry about it and blame someone else?????

Victory happens in the mind first......Instilling disbelief will crush a team, on and off the field.  My suggestion is shut your mouth unless you have something positive to say especially about your home town!!!!!

Dude, how are those anger management classes working out for you? I don't have a dog in the fight, and I do support the programs. Not saying they can't win, didn't blame the coach. Didn't say a word about quitting, are you in never never land? Kids, this is why it is important to say no to drugs. Education is the key!! Get some more of it!

I don't have a dog in this fight. I gotta go with you on this one ,TEL. I thought your original was honest and realistic....and praised the kids. Maybe I read the wrong post. ;)

Not a secret that Dayton has the best team right now. This isn't YMCA ball where everybody played a great game and both teams won the game.

Just my unsolicated two cents.  ;)

Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking.

take another look at YOUR above quote.... It is in bold... and think of what you are saying... does not sound real positive to me....... to prove my statement every dayton and BH fan is agreeing with you!!!  It is the little things that make a difference!!

What is there to talk about, Dayton has a better football team than Crosby. Stewart is a better coach than Flannigan. That's not taking anything away from the kids, they still prepare and play hard. I would love to talk smack about it, and I would love to see Crosby win, just don't see it happening. Let's continue this discussion later with Basketball, Softball, and Baseball. You still have to applaud the kids no matter what they do, win or lose. It's just nice to have bragging rights.

In this quote lies the problem!  way to support your program TEL.... could this mentality be filtering down to the Kids??   if they are doing what you say; putting their heads down when the first time it goes bad, saying they can't  beat them, and then blaming the coach?   this is the same mentality of the above statement.!!!!

Is this what you want to teach our kids?  If it is going to be tough, quit and don't worry about it and blame someone else?????

Victory happens in the mind first......Instilling disbelief will crush a team, on and off the field.  My suggestion is shut your mouth unless you have something positive to say especially about your home town!!!!!

Wow, Hitman I thought a winner is always the one who is able to give his opponent what he has earned.  If I remember correctly Dayton has been the better team for sometime know.  Until, that changes it is just plain and simple the truth.  If you look at Flanigan's record vs. Stewart it looks like Stewart has the overwhelming edge in the head to head also in the amount of playoff visit's and depth in the playoff's.

I don't recall reading anything about let's not try, just give up or they have no chance.  In fact, I think he said they will prepare and play hard, that just reaks of negativity.   

You are quite the role model, shut your mouth unless you have something positive to say!  Take some of your own advice, everyone in Crosby would like to see a win this year.  Odds are it might not happen this year.  If you don't like what you hear then don't post on the site, not everyone has to believe or follow your wishes.

Wow, Hitman I thought a winner is always the one who is able to give his opponent what he has earned.  If I remember correctly Dayton has been the better team for sometime know.  Until, that changes it is just plain and simple the truth.  If you look at Flanigan's record vs. Stewart it looks like Stewart has the overwhelming edge in the head to head also in the amount of playoff visit's and depth in the playoff's.

I don't recall reading anything about let's not try, just give up or they have no chance.  In fact, I think he said they will prepare and play hard, that just reaks of negativity.     

You are quite the role model, shut your mouth unless you have something positive to say!  Take some of your own advice, everyone in Crosby would like to see a win this year.  Odds are it might not happen this year.  If you don't like what you hear then don't post on the site, not everyone has to believe or follow your wishes.

Nice!

I'd say it's more Stewart using some "coachspeak" and not giving them any bulletin board material....probably using it in some way to motivate his troops as well.  If he were to come out and say we're going to beat the pants off of them and then burn them in the center of the field after the game then it's all we'd be talking about....

Thats Not Stewart...

I can pull up his Comments before the play-off games with Crosby...

Comments that got bulletin boarded i assure you... He has more "oversights" than any other coach in 19-4a when it comes to bulletin board material...

TBH Crosby is a Very talented team they always are their just normally very undisciplined and thats how Dayton beat them... Very disciplined very head a swivel style football...

The past Three years have been the closet years talent wise with Crosby and Dayton and the Coaching has proved the key determinate... thiers also soemthing to be said about swagger.

My Senior year 07-08, The retarded District rules that you people have in that other district.... Screwed Dayton out of a Conference championship... If that doesn't occur Crosby Doesn't play dayton and Honestly that team would of Made it to the 4th round.

Talent wise that Year Crosby and Dayton were very even, we all know the talent dayton had... But Crosby had Durran Starks (IOWA), Chance Casey (starting freshman at Baylor), Xavier Frank(soph), a GREAT! D line, Talented Linebackers and a small but very smart secondary. The O-Line was anchored by a couple Beast. and The Racievers were very good aswell (everyone could catch the ball) I remember a Catch by Preston Cantrell in which he jumped over a BH defended and Caught the ball... Talent has never been the issue with Dayton... But its starting to be Like the Stewart Curse...

BOLD prediction Crosby Comes out a Beats an overconfident Broncos Team...

Stewarts normally good at this but its when Crosby's not that great that they have the best game...

I don't think this is gonna be a blowout... Not even Close. I think the games gonna be really Close and i think That its gonna come Down to Merka with the ball in his hands VS that great linebacker core and the only question is our broncos used to getting Hit back... Because Our Quarter back doesn't get tackled he trucks you and you trip him.

Dayton is not over-confident.  They want to beat crosby more than anything.  Nice class by crosby keying Frank's car when he was at his cousins house, in crosby.  It is amazing how pissed off the Broncos are over a childish immature act that some idiot or idiots did, and for a kid that just moved here.  Check the paper crosby has been waiting on this game.  That is good because so has Dayton.

I'd say it's more Stewart using some "coachspeak" and not giving them any bulletin board material....probably using it in some way to motivate his troops as well.  If he were to come out and say we're going to beat the pants off of them and then burn them in the center of the field after the game then it's all we'd be talking about....

Thats Not Stewart...

I can pull up his Comments before the play-off games with Crosby...

Comments that got bulletin boarded i assure you... He has more "oversights" than any other coach in 19-4a when it comes to bulletin board material...

TBH Crosby is a Very talented team they always are their just normally very undisciplined and thats how Dayton beat them... Very disciplined very head a swivel style football...

The past Three years have been the closet years talent wise with Crosby and Dayton and the Coaching has proved the key determinate... thiers also soemthing to be said about swagger.

My Senior year 07-08, The retarded District rules that you people have in that other district.... Screwed Dayton out of a Conference championship... If that doesn't occur Crosby Doesn't play dayton and Honestly that team would of Made it to the 4th round.

Talent wise that Year Crosby and Dayton were very even, we all know the talent dayton had... But Crosby had Durran Starks (IOWA), Chance Casey (starting freshman at Baylor), Xavier Frank(soph), a GREAT! D line, Talented Linebackers and a small but very smart secondary. The O-Line was anchored by a couple Beast. and The Racievers were very good aswell (everyone could catch the ball) I remember a Catch by Preston Cantrell in which he jumped over a BH defended and Caught the ball... Talent has never been the issue with Dayton... But its starting to be Like the Stewart Curse...

You are certainly right, Crosby had some great talent.  But, you might want to be careful about what you post, Starks went to Grand View were he played behind Gregory Charles (Dayton) same class as Starks.  I checked the roster for this year and he is not listed.  Is still still there, if not where is he.

It just fustrates me when ADULTS don't see the big picture.  and ya'll are not seeing the problem either... what ever.......

I am positive, positive that the Coogs are going to pull this win out even if THEIR COMMUNITY DOES NOT BELIEVE!!!! (their is my whole point in big letters for the people not understanding me)

"It just fustrates me when ADULTS don't see the big picture.  and ya'll are not seeing the problem either... what ever.......

I am positive, positive that the Coogs are going to pull this win out even if THEIR COMMUNITY DOES NOT BELIEVE!!!! (their is my whole point in big letters for the people not understanding me)"

That my young man is the key to all the successes of you future!

NEVER EVER STOP BELIEVING YOU CAN SUCCEED!

Even if the odds are stacked against you, go out and do your best and BELIEVE you will win!

That is one of the greatest lessons you learn by playing on the field on Friday Nights in Texas.

Win or lose, play your hardest and DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

Hitman, nothing would please me more than seeing Crosby putting a good old fashioned --- whipping on Dayton and I will be there Friday to support my home team.  But, I am a man of history, odds and I always know the team on top stays on top until knocked off.

I sure hope and truly wish Crosby is the team to knock Dayton of the top.

If you want to be upset, be upset with the fact that the High School is not letting the students have a pep rally for the biggest game of the regular scheduled season. 

That you can truly complain about, maybe someone will listen to you.  They certainly didn't listen to me when I complained about it.

Dude, how are those anger management classes working out for you? I don't have a dog in the fight, and I do support the programs. Not saying they can't win, didn't blame the coach. Didn't say a word about quitting, are you in never never land? Kids, this is why it is important to say no to drugs. Education is the key!! Get some more of it!

I don't have a dog in this fight. I gotta go with you on this one ,TEL. I thought your original was honest and realistic....and praised the kids. Maybe I read the wrong post. ;)

Not a secret that Dayton has the best team right now. This isn't YMCA ball where everybody played a great game and both teams won the game.

take another look at YOUR above quote.... It is in bold... and think of what you are saying... does not sound real positive to me....... to prove my statement every dayton and BH fan is agreeing with you!!!  It is the little things that make a difference!!

Fact: Dayton has a better football team than Crosby..end of fact.

Can Crosby win..yes...Will Crosby win..probably not..

Do Crosby players think Dayton is better...most likely..Will Crosby's players show up to play..yes.

YMCA has it has tie game.  ;)

It just fustrates me when ADULTS don't see the big picture.  and ya'll are not seeing the problem either... what ever.......

I am positive, positive that the Coogs are going to pull this win out even if THEIR COMMUNITY DOES NOT BELIEVE!!!! (their is my whole point in big letters for the people not understanding me)

Pull for your team all you want..I'd be disappointed if you didn't..Don't hate on people that speak an honest, realitsic opionion. Hey, my fantasy team is 1-4..I'm still talking smack w/ the best of them.

BTW, lay off the KOOL AID.  ;D

Are you smoking crack  ??? ???

Dayton is not over-confident.  They want to beat crosby more than anything.  Nice class by crosby keying Frank's car when he was at his cousins house, in crosby.  It is amazing how pissed off the Broncos are over a childish immature act that some idiot or idiots did, and for a kid that just moved here.  Check the paper crosby has been waiting on this game.  That is good because so has Dayton.

You mean the same Childish stuff as your "broncos" have done in the past five years?

K enough said don't whine about a car getting keyed... (most likely wasn't a football player for one)

And beyond that he left our school to go to Dayton do you think were gonna be pleasant to him?

So if your star player just decided to leave Dayton for lets say PNG because they look flashier this year... your kids wouldn't have an adverse reaction to it...

since where into checking words here is some you need to check

"nice class by crosby" Did everyone in the town of Crosby Key this guys car?, if Not, then is that redneck guy that sits in the auto parts yard over their in Dayton the epitome of what it means to be from Dayton? I mean hes a nice guy but mainly because hes an alcoholic who wants to sell you car parts so he can buy more beer.

"It is amazing how pissed off the Broncos are over a childish immature act that some idiot or idiots did" Your correct and it was probably done by Children.

Also don't know how to quote another person, but someone made mention of Durran... Seems they split time at Grandview from the articles I've seen. Dunno if hes still their ill message him and see.

The others however a true beyond the individual talent.

You mean the same Childish stuff as your "broncos" have done in the past five years?

K enough said don't whine about a car getting keyed... (most likely wasn't a football player for one)

And beyond that he left our school to go to Dayton do you think were gonna be pleasant to him?

So if your star player just decided to leave Dayton for lets say PNG because they look flashier this year... your kids wouldn't have an adverse reaction to it...

since where into checking words here is some you need to check

"nice class by crosby" Did everyone in the town of Crosby Key this guys car?, if Not, then is that redneck guy that sits in the auto parts yard over their in Dayton the epitome of what it means to be from Dayton? I mean hes a nice guy but mainly because hes an alcoholic who wants to sell you car parts so he can buy more beer.

"It is amazing how pissed off the Broncos are over a childish immature act that some idiot or idiots did" Your correct and it was probably done by Children.

Also don't know how to quote another person, but someone made mention of Durran... Seems they split time at Grandview from the articles I've seen. Dunno if hes still their ill message him and see.

The others however a true beyond the individual talent.

Since he left crosby that makes it right to key his car, now I understand, did everyone from crosby key his car probably not, but did someone from crosby key his car.  That would be a yes.  So for the last 5 years dayton has destroyed other peoples properity.  Give us some examples we would like to know.  

What do you mean coach stewart has more oversights than any coach in 19-4A.  When was frank the star in crosby, look at his numbers on offense for the last 2 years in crosby.  Also yall were not smart enough to put him on defense.  Dayton did not spend time crying in 2002 when justin mcneese left dayton for his senior year and went to north shore.  He was their starting running back and they won the state championship.  Stop whining.  As far as I know I dont think we went and keyed his car for punishment for leaving dayton.

What do you mean coach stewart has more oversights than any coach in 19-4A.  When was frank the star in crosby, look at his numbers on offense for the last 2 years in crosby.  Also yall were not smart enough to put him on defense.  Dayton did not spend time crying in 2002 when justin mcneese left dayton for his senior year and went to north shore.  He was their starting running back and they won the state championship.  Stop whining.  As far as I know I dont think we went and keyed his car for punishment for leaving dayton.

good point texans ;)

“I think they’ve got a good little ball club,†Stewart

said. “They’ve got a big, tall quarterback. They’ve got speed and tall receivers. They’ve always got talent, always. Since I’ve been here, Crosby has always had more talent than everybody else, always. This year’s no different. I’ve played them under one, two, three head coaches and every one of them had as much or more talent than we did. Crosby kids are talented and that’s all you can say.â€

I guess Stewart is trying to say its his coaching that makes Dayton a winner,not talent...

Dayton has always had talent.  Stewart was just the first coach around here in a long while that knew what to do with it.  Look at Dayton's record before Stewart and look at it since.  Dayton's going on it's 14th playoff appearance (in 14 seasons) under Stewart.  I think that speaks for itself. 

p.s. For the mid 90's Dayton guys(AC, Backflipper, etc..) what would have dayton's record been during the Sherman years with Stewart? 

Im sure that we would have had a better record but I still dont know if we could have beat Jasper. They were just loaded with talent.

We'd have beat Jasper , please I think you were just scared Victor Payne would reach out and send your hind end flying in the air, LOL!!! Love ya Goat!

What do you mean coach stewart has more oversights than any coach in 19-4A.  When was frank the star in Crosby, look at his numbers on offense for the last 2 years in Crosby.  Also y'all were not smart enough to put him on defense.  Dayton did not spend time crying in 2002 when justin mcneese left dayton for his senior year and went to north shore.  He was their starting running back and they won the state championship.  Stop whining.  As far as I know I dont think we went and keyed his car for punishment for leaving dayton.

good point texans ;)

I don't think anyone ever said he was a star, but when you have his speed he can break a game wide open at anytime. There was also a kid by the name of Chance Casey playing here, now at Baylor, he was the go to guy. Not sure about not playing him on "D", that would be a good question for Flannigan. Before anyone in Crosby gets upset, all I said was ask Flannigan, didn't say anything bad about the man or have I in the past :'(. Saying Stewart is a better coach is my opinion, but you can also compare records and playoff wins. As far as someone keying his car, that is a shame because he grew up here and that is a cruel, jealous act from an immature kid. I know it happens in other places as well, and that's too bad. Look at what happen to Aaron Miller in Channelview, wrecked his whole house. There is no excuse for that but the whole town shouldn't be blamed for it.

What do you mean coach stewart has more oversights than any coach in 19-4A.  When was frank the star in Crosby, look at his numbers on offense for the last 2 years in Crosby.  Also y'all were not smart enough to put him on defense.  Dayton did not spend time crying in 2002 when justin mcneese left dayton for his senior year and went to north shore.  He was their starting running back and they won the state championship.  Stop whining.  As far as I know I dont think we went and keyed his car for punishment for leaving dayton.

good point texans ;)

I don't think anyone ever said he was a star, but when you have his speed he can break a game wide open at anytime. There was also a kid by the name of Chance Casey playing here, now at Baylor, he was the go to guy. Not sure about not playing him on "D", that would be a good question for Flannigan. Before anyone in Crosby gets upset, all I said was ask Flannigan, didn't say anything bad about the man or have I in the past :'(. Saying Stewart is a better coach is my opinion, but you can also compare records and playoff wins. As far as someone keying his car, that is a shame because he grew up here and that is a cruel, jealous act from an immature kid. I know it happens in other places as well, and that's too bad. Look at what happen to Aaron Miller in Channelview, wrecked his whole house. There is no excuse for that but the whole town shouldn't be blamed for it.

I don't think anybody meant to blame the town. It was obviously some punks kids and every town has them. The incident just caused a stir and that can't be good for the Cougs.

good point texans ;)

I don't think anybody meant to blame the town. It was obviously some punks kids and every town has them. The incident just caused a stir and that can't be good for the Cougs.

Your right about that!

Alright I see that the mods have stepped in to reduce the smack talk. I still look forward to seeing everyone from Dayton, Kenefick and Old River packing the stands on the Dayton side. I also look forward to seeing the whole town of Crosby and Barrett packing the Crosby side. I guess thats as far as I can go with smack talking. Go Bronc's

Alright I see that the mods have stepped in to reduce the smack talk. I still look forward to seeing everyone from Dayton, Kenefick and Old River packing the stands on the Dayton side. I also look forward to seeing the whole town of Crosby and Barrett packing the Crosby side. I guess thats as far as I can go with smack talking. Go Bronc's

Man there is going to be a bunch of tobacco chewing cowboy hats in them stands ;D ;D :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder