Why the Dawgs will make a deep playoff run in '09

shooter

Jasper is one of most complete teams I've seen in sometime. Barring injury the will go deep into the playoffs because they are solid on offense, defense, speciality teams and have an awesome strength and conditioning program (that's why you see fewer injuries this year). GO DAWGS!!!!!

Jasper is one of most complete teams I've seen in sometime. Barring injury the will go deep into the playoffs because they are solid on offense, defense, speciality teams and have an awesome strength and conditioning program (that's why you see fewer injuries this year). GO DAWGS!!!!!

I think you can add confidence in themselves to this list. Winning games your supposed to lose does this.

Appreciate the love...but, district looms...one game at a time...

Appreciate the love...but, district looms...one game at a time...

I agree it is a little early to be talking about a long run in the playoffs, but I have noticed some of that old swagger coming back to the DOGS!!

If Chapel Hill makes the playoffs, maybe. If not they'll get Gilmer in the first round.

don't particularly relish the possibility of facing Gilmer in the first round.  but i would bet that Gilmer is not relishing the possibility of facing Jasper in the first round either.  the momentum often switches to the team that lost in the first game played in the year.  it is tough to beat a team twice in the same year.

We cannot control that anyway.  Jasper must prepare for one game at a time, and get better each game.  If they do that they should have a very successful season.

If Chapel Hill makes the playoffs, maybe. If not they'll get Gilmer in the first round.

don't particularly relish the possibility of facing Gilmer in the first round.  but i would bet that Gilmer is not relishing the possibility of facing Jasper in the first round either.  the momentum often switches to the team that lost in the first game played in the year.  it is tough to beat a team twice in the same year.

We cannot control that anyway.  Jasper must prepare for one game at a time, and get better each game.  If they do that they should have a very successful season.

That's right, and considering what you've already done under a new head coach, it's already been a successful season regardless of what happens the rest of the way. Good Luck!!

It's really hard to beat a team that's clicking on all cylinders Offense,Defense, Special teams, Kicker and Punter.  Also Jasper has a excellent coaching staff that the kids love and respect dearly. What more can you ask for in a team?  Honestly I look for Jasper to go all the way to the top and play for the 3A state championship.  Good Luck !!!!!  Sick'eem Bulldogs !!!!!!!!

gilmer first round would be terrible.  Jasper looks better than any other 3a team in this area..Wos was not even close..that suprised me.

Gilmer 1st round would be no bueno...WO-S would match up with them way better than us.  We will gladly defer to them the opportunity to represent SE Texas against the Buckeyes.

Yeah, go Chapel Hill.  ;D

On the other hand, there will be monster teams in either bracket.  I think Navasota was Div I last year?  And others.  There is seldom a cakewalk in either division.  If we are not prepared to play any team in the state, we might as well quit right now.  By the way, just going 2-1 for Jasper against three tough teams is NOT a successful year for Jasper.  Has not been for a long long time.  :)

It's really hard to beat a team that's clicking on all cylinders Offense,Defense, Special teams, Kicker and Punter.  Also Jasper has a excellent coaching staff that the kids love and respect dearly. What more can you ask for in a team?  Honestly I look for Jasper to go all the way to the top and play for the 3A state championship.  Good Luck !!!!!   Sick'eem Bulldogs !!!!!!!!

Gas is right.  Jasper has had three good games, and was fortunate to win two of them, but we must not lose our minds, or our bearings.  We need to let the team continue doing its talking on the field.  If we get cocky, and I mean the fans, AND the team, we can fall in an instant.  Stay humble guys.

Rememer 2002.  As good as this team is, I do not think it is yet at a level to compare to the 02 Jasper team that had its share of D1 athletes.  We all remember what happened there.  Some Dogs got overconfident (apparently) and would have had to buy a ticket to the state game if they wanted to see it.

J-dog what do you call a successful year? Jasper has upset two state rank teams and you wouldn't call it successful?  I can guarantee you that there's not another team in southeasttexas that would step up to the plate and play their schedule. Honestly they could lose the rest of their games and still be classified as having a successful year. They have accomplished something no other team in southeasttexas has been able to accomplish this year. Jasper is playing just like the 2004 team that went all the way to state. Better yet if you want to pull for Chapel Hill go ahead and see how far they make it in the playoffs. By the way looks like Center has taken care of them already this year 36-7.  It really bothers me when people don't give credit were credit is due.   I can tell you that Jack Alvarez and Dan Hooks respect Jasper and their football program after those losses.   "Now put that in your pipe and smoke it".

J-dog what do you call a successful year? Jasper has upset two state rank teams and you wouldn't call it successful?  I can guarantee you that there's not another team in southeasttexas that would step up to the plate and play their schedule. Honestly they could lose the rest of their games and still be classified as having a successful year. They have accomplished something no other team in southeasttexas has been able to accomplish this year. Jasper is playing just like the 2004 team that went all the way to state. Better yet if you want to pull for Chapel Hill go ahead and see how far they make it in the playoffs. By the way looks like Center has taken care of them already this year 36-7.  It really bothers me when people don't give credit were credit is due.   I can tell you that Jack Alvarez and Dan Hooks respect Jasper and their football program after those losses.   "Now put that in your pipe and smoke it".

I agree that this has been a successful year so far... the Dogs have won 2 of 3 games, all games against top 5 State ranked opponents, including the #1, #2, & #3 ranked teams in 3A and the #4 ranked team in 2A on their schedule. Most coaches and AD's should run from this kind of schedule. The Jasper Bulldogs are one half away from being the #1 ranked team in 3A if not for the letdown against Gilmer. And they are a COMPLETE team offensively, defensively, and in special teams. But the key to this team going deep into the playoffs is taking one game at a time. The worst thing this group can do is become overconfident and overlook teams in their district like Diboll, Rusk, and Center. They will get their true test against their district foe and defending State Champion Carthage on October 23 in Jasper. If they can stay focused, healthy, and eligible (academics are most important), we will know for sure if these Dogs will go DEEP into the playoffs.

Lets take care of Hamshire-Fannett first...

GO DOGS!!!

J-dog what do you call a successful year? Jasper has upset two state rank teams and you wouldn't call it successful?  I can guarantee you that there's not another team in southeasttexas that would step up to the plate and play their schedule. Honestly they could lose the rest of their games and still be classified as having a successful year.

Please tell me that you're not satisfied yet. This is a great start and I assure you that everyone in that fieldhouse would be very disappointed if they had a meltdown and lost every game from here on out. It's way too early to classify this season as anything, but it's as satisfying a three-game start as I can remember in a long time. The Dawgs have made great improvement, but there's a LONG way to go.

J-dog what do you call a successful year? Jasper has upset two state rank teams and you wouldn't call it successful?  I can guarantee you that there's not another team in southeasttexas that would step up to the plate and play their schedule. Honestly they could lose the rest of their games and still be classified as having a successful year.

Please tell me that you're not satisfied yet. This is a great start and I assure you that everyone in that fieldhouse would be very disappointed if they had a meltdown and lost every game from here on out. It's way too early to classify this season as anything, but it's as satisfying a three-game start as I can remember in a long time. The Dawgs have made great improvement, but there's a LONG way to go.

well said this year is far from successful yet. IMO you need to make a deep playoff run to consider this season successful..

J-Dog, where are all of these "Rabid Dogs" coming from? LOL Where were they last year when the dogs weren't doing so hot? I am glad Jasper is doing well SO FAR, but if you end up 2-8 this WILL NOT be considered a successful year, I don't care if one of those wins were over the state champion.

Also, you newbies around here bumping your gums need to learn some public message board "rules of thumb":

1. Since most of you start showing up after a big win (in this case two of them), just make sure you do your best not to insult the team you just beat. Normally, your team will have to play them again next year. Fans, coaches that read these boards and players will remember what you say. They will not remember "who" said it, they will remember "Jasper" said it.

2. It's ok to be excited, but you must use a little self control with making lofty predictions. Many things can happen during the course of a season that can de-rail your success. People don't forget when you start boasting and I guarantee, there is always a sniper running around that will dig up your old posts and remind you of what you said.

3. Be a fan and support your team, but also remember when making lofty predictions that coaches and players DO read these boards and you NEVER want to say anything that may end up on someones bulletin board, or talked about, that will give your opponent cause to be motivated. Jasper has a tough enough schedule, other teams don't need anything else to motivate them. This also includes how good or bad you think a team is. Even if you do think they are terrible, don't say it. Most teams are not bad forever.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder