Upset Speacial of the Week....LCM over PN-G?

TexAgNDN

A few things here...

1. I am very surprised that the PN-G folks are making fun of the LC-M schedule. WO-S and Cleveland are better than any of the teams that PN-G has faced. Okay, Texas City could be an argument there but I am confident that the Stangs would handle them by a couple of TDs. Cleveland vs. Texas City would be a close ballgame and Cleveland running attack would have lots of success vs. TC questionable run defense. I am very confident that WO-S and Cleveland would beat both Barbers Hill and Crosby. Anyway, this does not have much bearing on the game. Just surprised that the schedule is being made fun of.

2. Both of these teams are much improved. PN-G fans are excited about the new offense and the turnover causing defense that Faircloth brings to the table. LC-M is playing well under Coach Crouch and he has the team heading in the right direction and believing they can win. The young guys took some lumps last season, but are tasting success this season.

3. This should be a great ballgame. If the game were at LC-M, I think I would favor the Bears since PN-G has not hit the road yet. But, since it is at PN-G it is hard to go against the Indians. I think the Indians will eek out a close win at home. But, if the players are treating this game like a lot of the PN-G faithful are, then it could be a sad night for them at the Rez this Friday. Should be a great game, wish I could go.

good post

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what is said that win over Cleveland with the level they are at now is pretty impressive. This will be a close game and I think it will be a toss up. Both teams have faced pretty good competition WOS, Texas City, Cleveland. I agree with the statement that PNG will probally start off a little slow with that week off but it should come back pretty quick. Will be a good game and good luck to both!

Hey uthorns98, I love how you look at one side of things!  lcm fans get just excited and stirred up as the PN-G fans do. It goes both ways--if it didn't then you would only have discussion from one side , and what good would this message board be. I think it's great that the fans of both school's are supportive. Sorry if your feelings got hurt.

Just curious.  What causes PNG to believe that LCM has no chance to compete?  It isn't everybody on the board, but there are some who basically laugh at the thought the LCM will even get on the bus and play Friday.  Neither team has won a district game (because they haven't played any), so I don't understand why the Indians are going to win just because of their name.  I don't have a dog in the hunt, but the name PNG doesn't strike fear into me and I doubt it does in LCM either.  How about this for a prediction:  This will be a great game with one team pulling it out in the end.  Who will it be?  Show up Friday and find out.  The PLAYERS will decide the outcome, not one school's name, reputation, or egotistical fans.

Hey uthorns98, I love how you look at one side of things!  lcm fans get just excited and stirred up as the PN-G fans do. It goes both ways--if it didn't then you would only have discussion from one side , and what good would this message board be. I think it's great that the fans of both school's are supportive. Sorry if your feelings got hurt.

What would you Indian fans be saying if the Bear faithful laughed when you thought you had a chance this week?  You would throw a fit and wonder what LCM has done to justify that.  That is the thing LCM fans are wondering.  What had PNG done to justify simply showing up Friday and wining a game.  They are 3-0 and that is great.  LCM is 2-1 which is very good.  All I know is that from reading this, there is no respect for the bears.  If they beat PNG, will you guys give them any love?????

I agree, the game WILL be decided on the field by the players! It is very easy to sit back and pick out a post, by a supposed fan, and declare that lcm isn't getting any respect from PN-G fans. I do not recall anyone saying that lcm will not show up, or that the PN-G name should strike fear in anyone's heart. I believe that the fans are just passionate and excited about the game. They use this forum as a way to convey their passion and excitement--and to joke with other fans in a friendly way. Where were you last year when the PN-G fans on here were being hammered and told how terrible their team was--were you taking up for them? I f so-- I stand corrected and offer my apologies. Do some people from both schools get a little carried away sometimes--yes--but it's all in good fun and it shouln't be taken personal.

For someone who doesn't have a dog in the hunt you seem to be pretty sensitive about lcm. As I stated earlier, it is something between fans and in good fun. After friday it will be forgotten, and the talk will be about the game with Ned. Yes, if lcm does win, then I think you will find a lot of PN-G fans that acknowledge that and say job well done!

Like I said, I don't have any ties to either place.  I don't mind each school's fans going back and forth over who will win.  I do think each fan base are taking things personally like a bunch of children.  I'm just ready to see this district start and see who pulls it off.  Both are 100% improved from last year and are confident and hungry.  Good luck Indians and Good luck Bears!!

A few things here...

1. I am very surprised that the PN-G folks are making fun of the LC-M schedule. WO-S and Cleveland are better than any of the teams that PN-G has faced. Okay, Texas City could be an argument there but I am confident that the Stangs would handle them by a couple of TDs. Cleveland vs. Texas City would be a close ballgame and Cleveland running attack would have lots of success vs. TC questionable run defense. I am very confident that WO-S and Cleveland would beat both Barbers Hill and Crosby. Anyway, this does not have much bearing on the game. Just surprised that the schedule is being made fun of.

2. Both of these teams are much improved. PN-G fans are excited about the new offense and the turnover causing defense that Faircloth brings to the table. LC-M is playing well under Coach Crouch and he has the team heading in the right direction and believing they can win. The young guys took some lumps last season, but are tasting success this season.

3. This should be a great ballgame. If the game were at LC-M, I think I would favor the Bears since PN-G has not hit the road yet. But, since it is at PN-G it is hard to go against the Indians. I think the Indians will eek out a close win at home. But, if the players are treating this game like a lot of the PN-G faithful are, then it could be a sad night for them at the Rez this Friday. Should be a great game, wish I could go.

Always the voice of reason... Good post, once again Jake! ;)

I have not seen LCM fans discrediting PNG's pre-season. I am the only one who has done that and I am not an LCM fan. I just know that Texas City is not the TC of old and BH is BH and Crosby lost everything last year and has been getting smoked. Again, I wish PNG luck, but I think some of their fans who don't give LCM a chance based on who they've played are either in denial or don't really understand that LCM has played the tougher pre-season.

I don't see PNG's players with big heads. All the big head talk is on this site not in the locker room. I was at PNG's practice monday and all I can say is that there was some serious intensity going around on the field. To me the team was even more focused and working harder than even in pre-district. I believe these boys know what they want and they are taking every practice serious and mentally preparing for each game. The coaches seemed even more intense than in the pre-district. I guess its hard to put into words the scene and the atmosphere at the practice. Just some very serious intensity and hard and focus work going on !!!

Jake94--I disagree with you over the pre-season schedules. I would take PN-G's schedule all day--just feel like it was tougher and more beneficial. For those who like to include the scrimmage games--PN-G scrimmaged P.A. Memorial and did a great job against them.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. WO-S and Cleveland are solid foes. Bridge City is an improved team, but not a great team by any stretch. If you want to include scrimmages, then LC-M beat(if anyone actually wins scrimmages) your toughest opponent Texas City and also defeated Baytown Lee(I am not 100% for sure on this one). I thought PN-G looked much improved in their scrimmage against Memorial. I did not see the Barbers Hill game,  but the natives weren't too happy after that one point win. Crosby's defense is awful and even their fans will tell you that. Texas City is an above average team in my opinion and that was a good OT win. Regardless, this Friday night is what matters and I think it will be a great game.

Good post pngfan66! There has been enough talk about schedules, hurt feelings, etc. We know the Indians are working and practicing hard and are totally focused on preparing for the game fri. night. I know the players will be excited and looking forward to a tough game against the bears!

ote from: 77 on September 21, 2009, 03:03:16 PM

Quote from: akifan94 on September 21, 2009, 01:25:23 PM

Quote from: Slam14 on September 21, 2009, 12:09:17 PM

Quote from: Gasilla on September 21, 2009, 10:56:01 AM

Well, now that I have caught up on this thread, these are my thoughts. I see a lot of "upset" and "sneak up on" being used as if PNG was good last year and LCM was not or PNG was the team to beat. Neither team were very good last year. That being said, I just don't understand how PNG folks could just assume they are better than LCM. I'm a WOS fan and am fairly neutral, but looking at both teams opponents this year, if I were a PNG fan, I would be wondering how good my team REALLY is. LCM has played tough teams, they know where they are. Although it is said many times over how much scrimmages don't matter, I would be, at least a LITTLE concerned about the fact that Cleveland put the smack down on BH like they did. A team that PNG went to OT with.

I am also seeing a little LCM mentality that they "hope" they compete. Sure hope the kids don't have the same because PNG has done nothing this year that should make them feel they are an underdog. This is just the first district game, an important game, but no more so than any other. If they play like they did against Cleveland, they win this game.

Gas,

Although I personally thought your post was good...logic and good sense have no business being interwoven into this thread.

This district opener is big and hopefully the timid Bears will be able to be competitive even though they are going into this game as such a huge underdog.        

I put LC-M and Vidor in the same boat. Beating up on private schools and 3A teams in non-district. That said, either team could put it together for four quarters and compete with anyone. I don't see it happening for them this week.

I am going with the homer pick.

PN-G 24 - LC-M 14

Are you actually trying to put WOS and Cleveland in the same boat as Kelly and St Thomas?

No, but they are 3A teams right? And to be honest I had forgot they played WO-S. They did not do much against BC, lost to a solid WO-S team, and beat a solid Cleveland team. Like I said earlier. If they put it together for 4 quarters they can play with most teams in the district including PN-G. I still think we win.

PNG Played Texas City to a 22-16 OVERTIME win.  LCM Dominated Texas City in their scrimmage in Crosby.

PNG Beat Barbers Hill 21-20. LCM beat a Cleveland team that dominated Barbers Hill and that had not lost a REGULAR season game in 16 tries.

PNG beat Crosby 37-7. Crosby is winless.

LCM lost to the (then) #2 ranked WOS Mustangs 28-14. WOS will tell you LCM suprised the heck out of them.  They have 2 kids commited to Oklahoma and 1 to SMU.

Major Applewhite WAS at the LCM- Cleve game to scout several players for Cleveland including #88, a kid that is going to UT.

LCM beat Bridge City 16-0.

I REALLY dont want to take anything away from PNGs record but THEIR FANS started it. 3A 4A 5A.... doesnt matter. there are 11 kids on the field at a time.  4A and 5A teams just have more kids watching from the sidelines.  To the person that mentioned how 2 PNG players are going to destroy LCM.... It takes 11 kids.  LCM doesnt have 1 or 2 kids that dominate. They have 11 kids on either side of the ball that play as 1 unit for the first time in years and THAT is hard to beat.

28-24 LCM WINS

To add to my last post:

I AM biased towards LCM. My son plays, one daughter dances, another plays EVERYTHING, my wife works there, and I went there.  Last week I thought Cleveland was going walk all over us.  I was wrong.  This week will be ONE GREAT GAME. 

I STILL have to give the edge to the Bears.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin