Upset Speacial of the Week....LCM over PN-G?

TexAgNDN

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if vegas were setting the line png would be favored by 4 1/2.its a home game,lcm has struggled in district for several years.png had 1 bad year and beat lcm pretty good last year.that being said i think its gonna be a good game and if lcm won i wouldnt call it a major upset.most fans i talk to expect png to win but think it will be close.so good luck to lcm and may the best team win.

Well, now that I have caught up on this thread, these are my thoughts. I see a lot of "upset" and "sneak up on" being used as if PNG was good last year and LCM was not or PNG was the team to beat. Neither team were very good last year. That being said, I just don't understand how PNG folks could just assume they are better than LCM. I'm a WOS fan and am fairly neutral, but looking at both teams opponents this year, if I were a PNG fan, I would be wondering how good my team REALLY is. LCM has played tough teams, they know where they are. Although it is said many times over how much scrimmages don't matter, I would be, at least a LITTLE concerned about the fact that Cleveland put the smack down on BH like they did. A team that PNG went to OT with.

I am also seeing a little LCM mentality that they "hope" they compete. Sure hope the kids don't have the same because PNG has done nothing this year that should make them feel they are an underdog. This is just the first district game, an important game, but no more so than any other. If they play like they did against Cleveland, they win this game.

Gas,

Although I personally thought your post was good...logic and good sense have no business being interwoven into this thread.

This district opener is big and hopefully the timid Bears will be able to be competitive even though they are going into this game as such a huge underdog.     :o  ::)  

I put LC-M and Vidor in the same boat. Beating up on private schools and 3A teams in non-district. That said, either team could put it together for four quarters and compete with anyone. I don't see it happening for them this week.

I am going with the homer pick.

PN-G 24 - LC-M 14

Are you actually trying to put WOS and Cleveland in the same boat as Kelly and St Thomas?

No, but they are 3A teams right? And to be honest I had forgot they played WO-S. They did not do much against BC, lost to a solid WO-S team, and beat a solid Cleveland team. Like I said earlier. If they put it together for 4 quarters they can play with most teams in the district including PN-G. I still think we win.

When Friday night comes it will shut all this talking up ffor both team's fans

Why does everyone keep thinking lcm is an underdogg?

they beat a team that was on a 19 game winning streak and who went to the playoffs last year.

And clevelend were 3a but they had more people on their roster than lcm which is 4a

so what does it matter?

And still you can only put 11 man on the field at the same time anyway....

Png yall doing a bunch of talking but at the end of friday night i dont want to see yall all of sudden

dont want to come back on here...

Lcm wins 35-21

19 game win streak? Did they win state last year?

If you are trying to impress me with a 19 game district streak you should know they play in the 3rd worst 3A district in the state according to txhsfootball.com rankings.

When Friday night comes it will shut all this talking up ffor both team's fans

Why does everyone keep thinking lcm is an underdogg?

they beat a team that was on a 19 game winning streak and who went to the playoffs last year.

And clevelend were 3a but they had more people on their roster than lcm which is 4a

so what does it matter?

And still you can only put 11 man on the field at the same time anyway....

Png yall doing a bunch of talking but at the end of friday night i dont want to see yall all of sudden

dont want to come back on here...

Lcm wins 35-21

1. This thread was started by a Reporter! Thus the underdog or upset call was not from PNG.

2. Cleveland went 10-1 last year so it would be very difficult to have a 19 game win streak.

3. For the post about how neither team has done anything the past several years, wrong again. PNG went two rounds deep as Co-DC year before last loosing to eventual state champs and Quizz Rogers in a close one. But truthfully none of that matters this season!

For anyone to predict a score is probably crazy, but I predict that at the end of the night PNG has at least one more point than LCM based solely on seeing PNG in person and being told by a HS scout about LCM (non-PNG coach that scouted LCM several times already).

Compared to where the LCM program was for the past 4 years if not longer any win that LCM gets will be concidered an upset.  Not sure but I believe they’ve only won, maybe 5 games in the past 3 years.  I personally hope that the BEARS are counted as underdogs in each of there games and prove everyone WRONG on the field.

LCM – 31

PNG – 28

i think png is getting to big headed i think its going to be a great game but lcm will suprises more people and win this game

What are you ging to qualify this statement with?  If you go back to page one of this thread, you will see that it was an LCM fan that said beating PN-G is just one win on the way to a District Championship. 

If you ask me, that sounds as if LCM is the one getting the big head.  Already saying they will get the district title?  No team in the district is guaranteeing a district title as of right now except your own fans at LCM.  So you might want to rethink your presumption about who has an "inflated" ego.

I love how PNG fans can get all rilled up.  Its like they dont want it to be a competition, and the mear thought of LCM even being able to compete on the same field as the mighty indians is laughable.  Give me a break!  The good thing about it is, it will be settled on the field by the players.  Both teams have had early success, no matter who the competition was. You cant determine the outcome of a competition based on previous opponents.  Both teams are better this year, and the fact that both teams will compete in the district on a weekly basis should be appreciated.  Lets just see what happens, it should be great

A few things here...

1. I am very surprised that the PN-G folks are making fun of the LC-M schedule. WO-S and Cleveland are better than any of the teams that PN-G has faced. Okay, Texas City could be an argument there but I am confident that the Stangs would handle them by a couple of TDs. Cleveland vs. Texas City would be a close ballgame and Cleveland running attack would have lots of success vs. TC questionable run defense. I am very confident that WO-S and Cleveland would beat both Barbers Hill and Crosby. Anyway, this does not have much bearing on the game. Just surprised that the schedule is being made fun of.

2. Both of these teams are much improved. PN-G fans are excited about the new offense and the turnover causing defense that Faircloth brings to the table. LC-M is playing well under Coach Crouch and he has the team heading in the right direction and believing they can win. The young guys took some lumps last season, but are tasting success this season.

3. This should be a great ballgame. If the game were at LC-M, I think I would favor the Bears since PN-G has not hit the road yet. But, since it is at PN-G it is hard to go against the Indians. I think the Indians will eek out a close win at home. But, if the players are treating this game like a lot of the PN-G faithful are, then it could be a sad night for them at the Rez this Friday. Should be a great game, wish I could go.

I cant believe this thread :o   Im sorry LCM but PNG is too explosive and can cause turnover enjoy your pre district win cause it may be your last

on offense or defense?

Not that 27 ppg game is bad... and I know it takes time on Faircloth's O, but I don't think that's cause to think that LCM can't compete.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder