Upset Speacial of the Week....LCM over PN-G?

TexAgNDN

The Bears should give the Indians a run for their money, but I've play at the Reservation on Homecoming and let me tell you, not being able to hear the QBs snap count while playing LT will be something I won't forget.

PNG 28

LCM 21

And for the record, that "little" 3A team the Bears beat last week had Major Applewhite (UT) scouting one of their players.

GO BEARS

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to all three PN-G  preseason games. I can honestly say I have not seen an Indian team play with this much intensity in the last 5-7 years. If the level of intensity stays the same or escalates any, the Indians are gonna be a tough team to prepare  for each and every week. This is a very well coached, organized team that plays with a lot of heart.

LC-M will be a challenge , but my guess is the Indians will prevail  34-10.....

That was a BIG win for LC-M against a good Cleveland team. There won't be any easy games in this district this year. I really believe that every week will be very interesting. I have confidence in my Indians, but they better be ready to play. I don't doubt that Coach Faircloth will have them ready, and I don't see the Bears sneaking up on us like a couple of years ago. Should be a good one. Remember, LC-M is building confidence and enthusiasm just as we are. Same type of situation. We should be rested and ready ! Go Indians !

I Give The NDNS 1 Thing Over the Bears... They Are Rested And The Bears Have Been Going Strong Since They Put The Pads On... No Bye Week This Year Could Actually Hurt The Bears But For Now Great Game And It Will Test The Bears On How They Handle Themselfs In A Hostel Environment...

Why are you starting stupid threads like this??? Lets give the other team more motivation than they already have. I have read some of the dumbest threads started lately by some of the PNG faithful. Actions are louder than words.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I was wondering what had happened to the level headed folks from over there. Good to see you are still around. This will not be an easy game for either team and I honestly think prior performance this year favors LCM. If LCM does win, this will be nowhere close to being an upset.

Well, now that I have caught up on this thread, these are my thoughts. I see a lot of "upset" and "sneak up on" being used as if PNG was good last year and LCM was not or PNG was the team to beat. Neither team were very good last year. That being said, I just don't understand how PNG folks could just assume they are better than LCM. I'm a WOS fan and am fairly neutral, but looking at both teams opponents this year, if I were a PNG fan, I would be wondering how good my team REALLY is. LCM has played tough teams, they know where they are. Although it is said many times over how much scrimmages don't matter, I would be, at least a LITTLE concerned about the fact that Cleveland put the smack down on BH like they did. A team that PNG went to OT with.

I am also seeing a little LCM mentality that they "hope" they compete. Sure hope the kids don't have the same because PNG has done nothing this year that should make them feel they are an underdog. This is just the first district game, an important game, but no more so than any other. If they play like they did against Cleveland, they win this game.

Well, now that I have caught up on this thread, these are my thoughts. I see a lot of "upset" and "sneak up on" being used as if PNG was good last year and LCM was not or PNG was the team to beat. Neither team were very good last year. That being said, I just don't understand how PNG folks could just assume they are better than LCM. I'm a WOS fan and am fairly neutral, but looking at both teams opponents this year, if I were a PNG fan, I would be wondering how good my team REALLY is. LCM has played tough teams, they know where they are. Although it is said many times over how much scrimmages don't matter, I would be, at least a LITTLE concerned about the fact that Cleveland put the smack down on BH like they did. A team that PNG went to OT with.

I am also seeing a little LCM mentality that they "hope" they compete. Sure hope the kids don't have the same because PNG has done nothing this year that should make them feel they are an underdog. This is just the first district game, an important game, but no more so than any other. If they play like they did against Cleveland, they win this game.

Gas,

Although I personally thought your post was good...logic and good sense have no business being interwoven into this thread.

This district opener is big and hopefully the timid Bears will be able to be competitive even though they are going into this game as such a huge underdog.    :o  ::) 

Gas,

Although I personally thought your post was good...logic and good sense have no business being interwoven into this thread.

This district opener is big and hopefully the timid Bears will be able to be competitive even though they are going into this game as such a huge underdog.     :o  ::) 

I put LC-M and Vidor in the same boat. Beating up on private schools and 3A teams in non-district. That said, either team could put it together for four quarters and compete with anyone. I don't see it happening for them this week.

I am going with the homer pick.

PN-G 24 - LC-M 14

Gas.. PNG didn't go to OT with Barbers Hill. We went to OT with Texas City. You might want to check your facts before you post.. just saying. And yes, scrimmages don't mean a whole lot. LCM is a much improved team just like we are and it won't be a cake walk, but we will win.

I'm sorry, I knew they went to OT with one of them, so it was the 1-2 team not the 2-2 team. My bad. The fact I AM sure of is the overall record of opponents. That should concern you.

Also, I do feel that PNG has improved and I am very glad and I think they will have a good season, but for some of the PNG fans to assume a win here when they haven't performed any better than LCM the last year or two and have not played anyone tougher is a little on the arrogant side and very foolish. JMO

Gas, I know that you have seen LCM play, but have you actually seen PNG play this year? or any one of those no talent scrubs the NDNs faced predistrict?

No sir, I have not. I am just going by the overall record of those teams... I guess that's kind of like discrediting a teams predistrict and calling them underdogs because they played 3A teams, huh? ;)

Gas,

This district opener is big and hopefully the timid Bears will be able to be competitive even though they are going into this game as such a huge underdog.     :o  ::)  

I put LC-M and Vidor in the same boat. Beating up on private schools and 3A teams in non-district. That said, either team could put it together for four quarters and compete with anyone. I don't see it happening for them this week.

I am going with the homer pick.

PN-G 24 - LC-M 14

Are you actually trying to put WOS and Cleveland in the same boat as Kelly and St Thomas?

When Friday night comes it will shut all this talking up ffor both team's fans

Why does everyone keep thinking lcm is an underdogg?

they beat a team that was on a 19 game winning streak and who went to the playoffs last year.

And clevelend were 3a but they had more people on their roster than lcm which is 4a

so what does it matter?

And still you can only put 11 man on the field at the same time anyway....

Png yall doing a bunch of talking but at the end of friday night i dont want to see yall all of sudden

dont want to come back on here...

Lcm wins 35-21

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder