Bh offense

the bh offense manages to play toe to toe with 2 good setx teams and beat a team averaging 4 to 5 turnovers a game?? the defense is playing well, but the o is serious suspect, theres no doubt the players on that offense are all good players, im just throwiin out that maybe some people are playing the wrong spots? idk, i havent been able to make a game this year so all i have is one png game and setx and family member, someone give me some thoughts, should people just be moved around, or is this as good as it gets? cause u cant turn the ball ovr 4 to 5 times a game and expect to win even thought you play well when you dont turn it ovr......

thoughts?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The receiver's are doing to a good job,# 21 and 81 are off to a good start and the running game looked a little better with #20 in the back field. Last night they let Cade Bradeford,#34, play on the D-line and he killed the guy in front of him, drove him all they way back and into the QB's face. Looked like that is something they should take advantage of. As far as the QB goes he is definitely improving every game and his throws are getting sharper.

the bh offense manages to play toe to toe with 2 good setx teams and beat a team averaging 4 to 5 turnovers a game?? the defense is playing well, but the o is serious suspect, theres no doubt the players on that offense are all good players, im just throwiin out that maybe some people are playing the wrong spots? idk, i havent been able to make a game this year so all i have is one png game and setx and family member, someone give me some thoughts, should people just be moved around, or is this as good as it gets? cause u cant turn the ball ovr 4 to 5 times a game and expect to win even thought you play well when you dont turn it ovr......

thoughts?

Be careful, you'll get some crazy mom after you.....LOL  I don't mind since they always leave after a year or two and we just tick off a new set each season.  Bottom line is you don't have an offense when you run the QB 70% of the time.  What's going to happen is he will get hurt, just like happened to Chris Daniels and Carmona.  As for the turnovers, that is a dicipline and experience problem.  You can't run into traffic one handing the ball, period.  BH has more speed this year than they have had in a long time, but you have to use it to your advantage.  As for interceptions, when you take a somewhat inexperienced QB and stick him in the backfield without a single blocker, then a defense is a fool not to rush him all night.  Poor QB is not only trying to find the open receiver, but he's having to do it while running for his life.  If the full back is going to leave the backfield under a pass rush, he better be coming off his block rapidly and turning for the screen pass.  A team like Dayton will kill BH because of the delayed handoffs and lack of pass protection.

The biggest issue we have on offense is taking care of the football.  The O line is doing a pretty good job most of the time protecting the QB but we don't seem to have the push we need off of the ball to run effectively.  The QB is a very good athlete but needs to understand that you can't always make plays when there is nothing there.  He can't be afraid to turn it over to the defense to hold the other team at times.  They are doing a pretty good job even when the offense puts their back against the wall.  They do even better when they have the other teams back against the wall.

Have you been watching BH very long. When is the last time that they didn't have an offense that the QB didn't run 70 to 80% of the time. You are correct about the speed they have right now and I think that they are trying to evolve into a different style of offense.

Yes, since the early 70's, including the state championship team.  Have only missed a few games in last 8-9 years.  Running the QB in the ground is a Price mainstay.  He puts what he believes is the best player at the QB position and abuses him.  By game 3 or 4 the opposition's defense is sitting and waiting on the two main plays we run, QB run and wide-out screen.  We rarely throw screens over the middle or slants, which is exactly what we could do if we were allowing the QB to "check" plays, as you said.

Have you been watching BH very long. When is the last time that they didn't have an offense that the QB didn't run 70 to 80% of the time. You are correct about the speed they have right now and I think that they are trying to evolve into a different style of offense.

Yes, since the early 70's, including the state championship team.  Have only missed a few games in last 8-9 years.  Running the QB in the ground is a Price mainstay.  He puts what he believes is the best player at the QB position and abuses him.  By game 3 or 4 the opposition's defense is sitting and waiting on the two main plays we run, QB run and wide-out screen.  We rarely throw screens or slants, which is exactly what we could do if we were allowing the QB to "check" plays, as you said.

Bottom line, until Price is gone we will always have the same weak offensive plan.  He is as predictible and unimaginative as any coach that I have ever seen, period. Yes coach lovers that is an opinion, don't read it or tell me how I am wrong if you don't like it.     

i couldnt agree more, i blocked for tony carmona in 08, and seeing how they ran that kid is more than enough proof for me, it was affective, but also very VERY predictable

I don't think Price is calling plays, but regardless of the plays that are called we have to execute up front. I hope that they let Cade Bradford play the D-line and then bring one of the D-linemen over to help out on offense. Could make a huge difference. Also, the offense has put up some really nice numbers, minus the turnovers, so far this season.

I don't think Price is calling plays, but regardless of the plays that are called we have to execute up front. I hope that they let Cade Bradford play the D-line and then bring one of the D-linemen over to help out on offense. Could make a huge difference. Also, the offense has put up some really nice numbers, minus the turnovers, so far this season.

Your right, Price does not unless it's a critial moment.  However, under Skidmore, "Little Price", and our current O-Coordinator, there is very little difference in the play calling.  You take that, along with every team from TIFI to Varsity running the same plays, you understand why we can't and won't beat a fast aggressive defense.  

Like i have said time and time again maybe its time for price to retire .. just a thought/opinion . now for the offense there moving the ball pretty good . yes . seeing how we have been the only true opponet for PN-G with a final score of 21-20 .. no one has been that close to beating them .. our defense seems to be pretty solid . we have problems but what defense dont . and Daniels/Patton brothers/Carmona/Viverette thats prices thing lets run them run run run .. come on guys get faster more swift .. ive seen viverette take some hard hits to the knees he just bounces back up and plays more .. i give him some props for that . now .. i see a little more diffrent play callin this year it seems more aggresive .. faster maybe .. i think our offense needs to learn more ball control seeing how we are averaging 4 fumbles/interceptions a game . I hope this is the team to go to state but it needs more work

Like i have said time and time again maybe its time for price to retire .. just a thought/opinion . now for the offense there moving the ball pretty good . yes . seeing how we have been the only true opponet for PN-G with a final score of 21-20 .. no one has been that close to beating them .. our defense seems to be pretty solid . we have problems but what defense dont . and Daniels/Patton brothers/Carmona/Viverette thats prices thing lets run them run run run .. come on guys get faster more swift .. ive seen viverette take some hard hits to the knees he just bounces back up and plays more .. i give him some props for that . now .. i see a little more diffrent play callin this year it seems more aggresive .. faster maybe .. i think our offense needs to learn more ball control seeing how we are averaging 4 fumbles/interceptions a game . I hope this is the team to go to state but it needs more work .. maybe price learned something after last year . getting his butt handed to him every single game .. but what i think 3 ..

I agree it seems as though the play calling is a little more aggressive this year, but with the receiving group that is in there, why not.

Like i have said time and time again maybe its time for price to retire .. just a thought/opinion . now for the offense there moving the ball pretty good . yes . seeing how we have been the only true opponet for PN-G with a final score of 21-20 .. no one has been that close to beating them .. our defense seems to be pretty solid . we have problems but what defense dont . and Daniels/Patton brothers/Carmona/Viverette thats prices thing lets run them run run run .. come on guys get faster more swift .. ive seen viverette take some hard hits to the knees he just bounces back up and plays more .. i give him some props for that . now .. i see a little more diffrent play callin this year it seems more aggresive .. faster maybe .. i think our offense needs to learn more ball control seeing how we are averaging 4 fumbles/interceptions a game . I hope this is the team to go to state but it needs more work .. maybe price learned something after last year . getting his butt handed to him every single game .. but what i think 3 ..

I agree it seems as though the play calling is a little more aggressive this year, but with the receiving group that is in there, why not.

Agreed on that . they need to be more aggressive .. Caleb Stork Has great potential , Wade duke also has some good potential , i havent seen Carter smith this year .. seems that other teams are covering him more than i have ever seen . .

Exactly.... with Caleb Stork on one side and Carter Smith on the other and Wade Duke in the middle, you would think we should be able to spread the defense and keep them on thier heels. But we have to keep the turnovers down and come up with a running game. I can't say this enough, Cade Bradford got put in on defense and bull rushed his man straight back into the QB, this is something we need more of and Andrew did a good job running. This could turn out to be a huge change.

With all this being said the offense has been doing a good job and has put up some good numbers......

The "defense" is allowing the BH offense some time to mature and work out the kinks..That, and the play of Caleb Stork..He's already had one great season......but the turnovers will have to lessen or that will eventually bite us on the butt......Defense has looked good overall..and I agree Kade Bardford will only get better on D...If your not gonna run him in the backfield, put him somewhere and use him......Specila teams play was much better this week

Your right, Price does not unless it's a critial moment.  However, under Skidmore, "Little Price", and our current O-Coordinator, there is very little difference in the play calling.  You take that, along with every team from TIFI to Varsity running the same plays, you understand why we can't and won't beat a fast aggressive defense.  

89, I thought you would have this team fixed by now.  ;)  They just don't listen to you.  ???

thoughts?

Be careful, you'll get some crazy mom after you.....LOL  I don't mind since they always leave after a year or two and we just tick off a new set each season.  Bottom line is you don't have an offense when you run the QB 70% of the time.  What's going to happen is he will get hurt, just like happened to Chris Daniels and Carmona.  As for the turnovers, that is a dicipline and experience problem.  You can't run into traffic one handing the ball, period.  BH has more speed this year than they have had in a long time, but you have to use it to your advantage.  As for interceptions, when you take a somewhat inexperienced QB and stick him in the backfield without a single blocker, then a defense is a fool not to rush him all night.  Poor QB is not only trying to find the open receiver, but he's having to do it while running for his life.  If the full back is going to leave the backfield under a pass rush, he better be coming off his block rapidly and turning for the screen pass.  A team like Dayton will kill BH because of the delayed handoffs and lack of pass protection.

I hate to state the obvious but, who else do we have that can run the ball 70% of the time?  I'm sorry, I don't mean this as any disrespect to anyone, but we don't have a dominate back.  #34 doesn't know how awesome he could be, he could be an All State running back, but he doesn't know how to run with the ball(this is not putting down the kid, we wish he knew how much potential he has) you can't run into the line standing straight up, I don't care how strong you are.  I don't know if it's a coaching problem or if he is just not cut out for that position.  #20 seems to try very hard, but I'm not sure at this point that he can handle the load either.  The spread offense is designed for the QB to carry the ball and to be a threat for the defense to contend with, I think we take it to the extreme, but probably have no choice.  

I think Matthew is getting better, I think he is trying to hard, to make things work.  I know these kids want to win very badly and I think Matthew puts a lot of responsibility upon his shoulders, which he should, and he forces the ball trying to be successful.  Our receivers are doing a great job at this point, a huge bright spot this year.  I feel good about this team!  Just need to correct the turnovers...that may be easier said than done...hope not.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86