WOS survives thriller with Kirbyville

AggiesAreWe

I thought Kirbyville has already came, been dealt with, and sent home.

not quit correct but close!  Yes they did come in to Mustang Stadium and might not have had more points on the score board at the end of the game, but was far from being dealt with and definently was not "sent" home.  They did leave town with their heads held high and very proud of how they played.  They did leave town with the Mustang faithful left to come up with excuses sorry COOP reasons from everything to fumbles, to penalties, to the age of the players.  I realize that WOS did get the win and thats really all that matters.  I also know that when you win you dont need to make excuses, but if a 2a school that everyone expected you to beat by at least 30 comes into your home stadium and stands toe to toe with you and takes you to overtime, then you are only left with one of two things to do!  Give the Wildcats credit for their play keeping them off balance causing them to make mistakes and excuting when they needed too!  or come up with "reasons" why the mustangs "allowed" this to happen because everyone knows that Kirbyville could not do this on their own.  Which everyone helps you sleep at night works for me!

I realize this is a sin to say this about Hooks but there is two reasons I havent heard tossed around yet!  unprepared and outcoached!     

A moral victory is a loss.  Nobody thought that Kville would lose by 30.  A team with talent to go to the State Championship is a good team and classification does not matter.  We've had lots of good games with Newton years ago. 

Venom mentioned a magical playbook.  I've been looking for it too, maybe its being saved for district play.  LOL

I don't think Coop is stirring the pot when talking about all of the penalties.  Some of our most productive plays were called back because of procedure calls.  Its a fact. 

Good post, Rc.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Gasilla ( a very realistic and astute fan of the Stangs), he posted this in this thread regardingsenior starters for WOS:

Defense Seniors- Haynes, Franks, Nelson, Rubin, Cook, Arnold (Rubin has been hurt all but 1 game and his replacements are Sophomores)

Offense Seniors- Franks, Francis, Jordan (Haynes plays quite a bit, but does not start)

Anyway, this year is the year... the time is now. Those defensive seniors will hurt when they are gone.

That's 9 senior starters out of the 22. That leaves 13 underclassmen starting.

Not trying to start anything. I'm just interested in the facts. I believe that if a coach starts a sophomore on the varsity that either the jr. and sr. class is weak or the sophomore is a stud. Either way you are not going very far in the playoffs. Youth does give you heartburn on any playing field and will make their share of mistakes and sometimes cost you a ball game. From the Pros to the peewees.

Since Silsbee football is 1-2 lets just keep talking about WOS.  AggiesAreWe never stops with his hatred for the Mustangs.  It's amazing. 

You are missing the point big time. I do not hate the Mustangs. I just call out any homerism. A certain person knows where I am coming from. ;)

I'm sure you are just messing around with COOP.  And I'm sure you think you are hilarious.  But for the past 2+ years its always something with you about WOS.  I know we are some "different" fans.  Other Mustang fans do are good job of policing the irrational fans.  You just seem have it in for us.  If its not about football, its about not being fans of other sports and so on.  It is just very redundant and you seem very envious of us.  I'll pray for you.

Since Silsbee football is 1-2 lets just keep talking about WOS.  AggiesAreWe never stops with his hatred for the Mustangs.  It's amazing. 

You are missing the point big time. I do not hate the Mustangs. I just call out any homerism. A certain person knows where I am coming from. ;)

I'm sure you are just messing around with COOP.  And I'm sure you think you are hilarious.  But for the past 2+ years its always something with you about WOS.  I know we are some "different" fans.  Other Mustang fans do are good job of policing the irrational fans.  You just seem have it in for us.  If its not about football, its about not being fans of other sports and so on.  It is just very redundant and you seem very envious of us.  I'll pray for you.

Trust me, I do not lump all Mustang fans together. I know who are the "homers". I enjoy calling them(really him) out.

Kerry knows that I am just giving him a hard time and he knows that I will continue to do so as long as he keeps up with his antics.

I just call it like I see it, get used to it.

Thanks for the prayer, seriously.

Guest rykerx144

Im glad to be back home from hunting and hate I missed all this!  I will let yall know we did get a good one!  Ill try to post a pic soon.  We almost got the monster but barely missed a good shot!  I would love to blame the wind but I think it was because of the fourteen penalties and too many soph!  ;D ;D