Silsbee vs Newton.....Let's hear it

Guest Silsbee88

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you AAW!!!!  Let's hear your take.....

This will be Silsbee's toughest game to date. I am glad it is at home. I was encouraged with the improved defensive play from last Friday night. I though our defense played well enough against Lumberton to win that game. Still gave up a couple of big plays, but all in all, played very well. They will need that kind of effort and execusion to slow down Newton. Newton will score, but we can't let them score at will. I think the Tiger defense is ready to make a statement.

The offense has to be able to run the ball against Newton. If they can do that, it will open up the pass game even more. Not too many teams, including Newton, will see pass attack like what Silsbee brings to the table. If Silsbee can protect JJ, with the stable of recievers we have, he will connect on some big plays. I stress, we have to establish a run game, first and foremost. Otherwise, Newton will pin their ears back and blitz just about every play. We may be able to win some of those battles, but will for sure lose some. We cannot afford to have single digit rushing yards against the Eagles.

I say Silsbee gets it together this week and gets the win, late.

Final

Silsbee 35

Newton 31

Guest Silsbee88

This will be Silsbee's toughest game to date. I am glad it is at home. I was encouraged with the improved defensive play from last Friday night. I though our defense played well enough against Lumberton to win that game. Still gave up a couple of big plays, but all in all, played very well. They will need that kind of effort and execusion to slow down Newton. Newton will score, but we can't let them score at will. I think the Tiger defense is ready to make a statement.

The offense has to be able to run the ball against Newton. If they can do that, it will open up the pass game even more. Not too many teams, including Newton, will see pass attack like what Silsbee brings to the table. If Silsbee can protect JJ, with the stable of recievers we have, he will connect on some big plays. I stress, we have to establish a run game, first and foremost. Otherwise, Newton will pin their ears back and blitz just about every play. We may be able to win some of those battles, but will for sure lose some. We cannot afford to have single digit rushing yards against the Eagles.

Final

Silsbee 35

Newton 31

I agree AAW, the most important thing the Silsbee coaching staff needs to be focusing on is the OL.....most of the time against Lumberton, it appeared that we did not even get in the way of the defense!!!!!  Hard to open up a running game much less a passing game with that.....

Don't forget Silsbee D allowed 49 when they played Diboll, Newton shut diboll down, the score could have been allot worse if it would"t been for       barby soften the blow a little by putting the second team O in midway through the third qrt. It only took newton 9 total plays to score 4 TD's in the 3rd qrt to run away with the game. (the true sportsmanship of the game was barby putting in the second team in the 3rd)

I think Newton leads 20-14 at halftime, Newton makes the usual halftime adjustments and wins big 55-28. In Silsbee wonderfull stadium ;D

I do not know you Meek.......But I would have my head examined by a trained professional ;D ;D ;D

I really can't wait for this one , I want u to remember some names for me... Alfred,Bennet,Flaingan IF Silsbee can stop these 3 that might have a chance but watch out for Mattox and Holmes on D along with a roster full of playmakers.

I have no doubt that silsbee has the potential to win this game or at least keep it close. I do doubt our coaches' ability to come up with a scheme to do it tho. I do believe that the coaches all to often rely on our talent advantages to win games and if we don't have we are more than likely to lose. So that being said, newton wins maybe in a rout.         

I have no doubt that silsbee has the potential to win this game or at least keep it close. I do doubt our coaches' ability to come up with a scheme to do it tho. I do believe that the coaches all to often rely on our talent advantages to win games and if we don't have we are more than likely to lose. So that being said, newton wins maybe in a rout.         

I will put our coaches knowledge of Xs and Os against any other coaches in the area.

Final

Silsbee 35

Newton 31

Newton rolls!!

I respect your position frito, but i believe every coaching staff in the area, with our  talent advantages, could accomplish as much if not more than our coaches do. What coaches in our area couldn't finish second with the district we're in. Like i said in another thread we're lucky k-ville dropped to 2a and jasper went north or it would be 3 years not making the playoffs. Who have we beaten that has had the same amount of talent lately. I have a pretty good list of teams that had no business beating us. 

I respect your position frito, but i believe every coaching staff in the area, with our  talent advantages, could accomplish as much if not more than our coaches do. What coaches in our area couldn't finish second with the district we're in. Like i said in another thread we're lucky k-ville dropped to 2a and jasper went north or it would be 3 years not making the playoffs. Who have we beaten that has had the same amount of talent lately. I have a pretty good list of teams that had no business beating us. 

The coaches put the game plan together, it is the players job to execute the schemes the coaches put in place.

As far a I know a coach has never thrown a interception, had a flag thrown on him for holding.

As far as I am concerned Kville was lucky they dropped to 2A or they would never have made it to the finals last year.

If you have a axe to grind with the coaching staff, go get your certificate apply for a coaching job and see how easy it is.

Yes, i agree, k-ville wouldn't have made it to the class 3a finals. Continued dropped passes and holding to me shows lack of discipline. Refusing to roll your quarterback out of constant pressure from up the middle,  failing to utilize a 6ft6 te last year in fourth and short situations. I think jeremy is a great quarterback and he has more than adequate talent around him for this team to be successful. Our coaches are great if all you expect is to beat bc, hj, hf and o-field and then get beat in the second round.  That would be great if we were still 4a. And i really don't see how saying a coaching staff underachieves is bashing. If it is i digress and say ''hooray, we have a perfectly average coaching staff!'' that old aggie mentality runs deep up here in the land of satsumas and crepe myrtles. 

Let's get back to topic.....no bashing of coaches allowed.

I haven't seen anyone bashing coaches. I have read SHSTIGER'S posts and I think he is given an opinion that a lot of folks have.  We have won only 47% of our games since 1998.  We are the biggest school in the district and some think we should compete better with the talent that we have and have had.  That is not bashing.  That is just an opinion.

Some on here are hypertsensitive to these type of comments and that is why without cause they are deleted.  If you look you will find the same topic being discussed about the Barber's Hill program.  The difference is that coach's names are being thrown around in that one.  Since no moderators have allegiance to that program, the thread remains untouched.

Sorry you feel this way about it, old friend. I know that you have had some personal issues with the current head coach and staff, I understand. I have no problem with the posts that you and a couple of others have made in general of the coaching staff. That's your opinion and I think you have kept it within the guidelines.

With that said, just be careful with your posts. If it becomes a constant, like what SHSTiger is doing, the posts will be removed.

Thanks airitout and thank you aaw. I deeply appreciate what you do for this site and for tiger athletics. I make 90% of football, and a majority of basketball and baseball games and i yell and support the team and school booster clubs more than most. I am a huge silsbee homer much to the chagrin of my hj hawk wife. If  i have gotten out of line, i am sorry. But i have seen far worse bashing of coaches that went unadmonished like the barbers hill one and the vidor one last year amongst others. If my posts get deleted i don't care, i would just wish that there would be more consistency in the way it is enforced. I read terms and usage and i don't think i have been coach bashing. 

Yes, i agree, k-ville wouldn't have made it to the class 3a finals. Continued dropped passes and holding to me shows lack of discipline. Refusing to roll your quarterback out of constant pressure from up the middle,  failing to utilize a 6ft6 te last year in fourth and short situations. I think jeremy is a great quarterback and he has more than adequate talent around him for this team to be successful. Our coaches are great if all you expect is to beat bc, hj, hf and o-field and then get beat in the second round.  That would be great if we were still 4a. And i really don't see how saying a coaching staff underachieves is bashing. If it is i digress and say ''hooray, we have a perfectly average coaching staff!'' that old aggie mentality runs deep up here in the land of satsumas and crepe myrtles. 

Are you kidding me???? I believe the Arp Tigers  (2a team) would beat Silsbee in a rout. 2A has as much competition as 3A. Don't get on here and say kirbyville wouldn't have made it to state in 3A,I seriously doubt that Silsbee would make the playoffs in 4A. Now you see how that sound!!!

Guest airitout123

Are you kidding me???? I believe the Arp Tigers  (2a team) would beat Silsbee in a rout. 2A has as much competition as 3A. Don't get on here and say kirbyville wouldn't have made it to state in 3A,I seriously doubt that Silsbee would make the playoffs in 4A. Now you see how that sound!!!

I think all he was trying to say is that K-ville would not have made it to the finals without discipline.  He was not putting K-ville down.

Thats not what i meant at all. I was responding to frito's comment that said he thought k-ville was lucky to have dropped to 2a or they wouldn't have made it to the finals. Which was a response, to me saying that silsbee was lucky that they dropped down.        The dropped passes was referring to silsbee. Sorry about the bad grammar and paragraph construction but i'm posting from a cellphone.      Believe me, i know we wouldn't make the 4a playoffs. Instead of browsing threads for perceived slights towards k-ville and then popping off maybe you should read the entire thread for context. I have been complimentary of kirbyville, but no, i do not think y'all would have made it to the 3a finals. Why travel to arp to prove we would get beat by 2a teams, when we play newton friday? ;):(

Going with Newton in this one but they better be able to cover the passing game, Slobber does have a outstanding QB

yea newton will pull away. slobber would be a better team if they had more players. Cause Jeremy Johnson cant do it by hisself

where were they against Di boll and Lumberton

::) ::)

They have playmakers all over the field

Going with Newton in this one but they better be able to cover the passing game, Slobber does have a outstanding QB

yea newton will pull away. slobber would be a better team if they had more players. Cause Jeremy Johnson cant do it by hisself

If you were not at those games, then you do not need to respond

Penalties and turnovers aginst Diboll

Lumberton played great defense

Going with Newton in this one but they better be able to cover the passing game, Silsbee does have a outstanding QB

yea newton will pull away. Silsbee would be a better team if they had more players. Cause Jeremy Johnson cant do it by hisself

If you were not at those games, then you do not need to respond

Penalties and turnovers aginst Diboll

Lumberton played great defense

This is true. If you can't hang on to the ball (eight turnovers the past two games) or play with more discipline (penalties have called back four td and hampered numberous drives in the red zone the past two games) it's hard to win a game, even if you have a ton of talent, when you play the caliper of teams that Silsbee is playing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder