WO-S 21 Kirbyville 20 OT Orange Leader Write up

KFDM COOP

first i would like to say great game by both teams. i have read every post in here and i would just like to add one thing ....could it be that wos offense had such a hard time was  because of k-ville d being in the back field which would also cause the o line to be a little jumpy...i seem to recall on the long pass by wos (which was a great pass) k-ville didn't put any pressure on the qb.....so everyone of you people that are making excuses for your team need to just need to be happy that you got to watch a great game between to good teams.....good luck to both team as we go for district titles

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first i would like to say great game by both teams. i have read every post in here and i would just like to add one thing ....could it be that wos offense had such a hard time was  because of k-ville d being in the back field which would also cause the o line to be a little jumpy...i seem to recall on the long pass by wos (which was a great pass) k-ville didn't put any pressure on the qb.....so everyone of you people that are making excuses for your team need to just need to be happy that you got to watch a great game between to good teams.....good luck to both team as we go for district titles

Vey, very good post.

Good lord, whats with the hostility.  I'm not affliated with anyone.  My affliation stopped when my son graduated from Lumberton in 06.  I still live in Lumberton and just enjoy watching h.s. football.  Also officiated football for 8 years before had back surgery.  Anything else.

I enjoy watching WOS, but I think this team isn't as good as last years and will have a tough time of it come Gilmer, Carthage and the rest of the elites of region 3 D2.

Maybe PA announcers should say, "Ok, everybody be very, very quiet so that the kicker can concentrate. Bands, this include you so put those drum sticks down!"

I agree with Gasilla. Run the ball up the middle on 3rd down to place the ball between the hash marks for the kick attempt... unless the kicker is a great soccer player.

Speaking of the PA announcer.The "fabric on the field" saying is really getting on my nerves. ::)

since were venting about random things, was that wax paper,wrapping paper,freezer paper,or butcher paper the cats ran through? that loud a$$ horn was awesome though! you guys mustve opted for a horn and not a run through.   

Trust me all us Kville Fans were thinking the same thing. I'm not sure where our tunnel & helmet was. We have a VERY nice tunnel/helmet the boys run through. It was kind of embarrassing though that they didnt have it there. ..LOL

???

Have you seen them play? The team is younger and will be LOADED next year, they'll be fine this year.

i've seen them play and they are good, but not where they were the week before the gilmer game last year at this point. they have the athletes to get there, we shall see.

coop, this is the year, you have 2 div 1 signees on the field. i would think it would be waste of talent if you are counting on next year.

And I guess I just need to respond to something that was insuated by another kville fan. Look...I'm ALL about praising our boys. You WILL NOT FIND another WILDCAT FAN AS DEVOTED AS I AM!!! TRUST ME!!! I was born and raised in Kirbyville, graduated from kirbyville, and have a kid who plays football for kville. So I really dont appreciate the comment that was made that I "pissed" people off for expressing my OPINION. I will defend our kids to the end, and I call it like I see it. I have an opinion just like anyone else does..doesnt mean you have to agree. Do I think the boys played an awesome game last night? Your dang right I do! They have nothing to be ashamed of.

Everyone from kville has had to hear how we can no where be compared to WOS..and honestly I'm sick of it. Last night just proved that Kirbyville can definetely play with WOS and really not only play with them, we showed them we could almost beat them. So hats off to my favorite team and I WILL ALWAYS BE THERE TO SUPPORT YOU!!!

Still early in the season, the Penalties will be cut down you can count on it. They'll be where they need to be 7 weeks from now.

coop, you think the Stangs will better next year?

I think so, They have several Sophomores playing on both sides of the ball, QB, RB will be back as well. 2nd string QB could be another Beasley, he's a Freshmen now starting JV QB. They won't be as young the next 2 years, watch out.

Guest bleed orange

Still early in the season, the Penalties will be cut down you can count on it. They'll be where they need to be 7 weeks from now.

I think so, They have several Sophomores playing on both sides of the ball, QB, RB will be back as well. 2nd string QB could be another Beasley, he's a Freshmen now starting JV QB. They won't be as young the next 2 years, watch out.

We all know WOS has talent but it is always next year will be the team.  It sounds like you guys have given up on this years team. Everytime WOS does not play up to you guys expectations you are quick to blame. Lets see it is the OC fault, the kicking game sucks, Too many penalties, what else? As long as you guys are winning everything is fine and yes you did win but not like you wanted.  When you start losing the fans will disappear. All you have to do is look at the other sports. Thick or thin you guys are not. You may not experience that in football for a while but someday you will. 

We all know WOS has talent but it is always next year will be the team.  It sounds like you guys have given up on this years team. Everytime WOS does not play up to you guys expectations you are quick to blame. Lets see it is the OC fault, the kicking game sucks, Too many penalties, what else? As long as you guys are winning everything is fine and yes you did win but not like you wanted.  When you start losing the fans will disappear. All you have to do is look at the other sports. Thick or thin you guys are not. You may not experience that in football for a while but someday you will. 

Low blow. But... you do have a valid argument :-\

Have you seen them play? The team is younger and will be LOADED next year, they'll be fine this year.

i've seen them play and they are good, but not where they were the week before the gilmer game last year at this point. they have the athletes to get there, we shall see.

coop, this is the year, you have 2 div 1 signees on the field. i would think it would be waste of talent if you are counting on next year.

I agree 150% with you Admin... Especially the "next year" thing. It's always "next year", the time is now. The offense may be better, but we will lose our whole defensive front. This team has the potential, they just need to put it together. Our defensive backfield is better and our QB, although young, can do some things Hypo couldn't.

WOW!! Good one Bleed.

Guest bleed orange

Low blow. But... you do have a valid argument :-\

Look I have a lot of respect for the WOS football program. I am for Orange county period. Does not matter what team. The team that has the best chance to go far in the playoffs is WOS. Year in and year out. The only reason I said what I did is because WOS had an awesome girls basketball team for 5 years. The crowds where awesome. When the talent ran out the crowds disappeared. 2 years ago WOS played at Orangefield and there was two parents in the stands at the game. IMO that is unacceptable. Thick thru thin.

Guest bleed orange

The Mustangs issues last night are things that can be fixed.  That's the good thing.  We have the tools.  I agree with Gas...  The time is NOW.  No doubt our coaches know that...  Gotta work, work, work, work.....  Keep maturing and gaining experience and overcome the mental mistakes....

That is the kind of post I like. Good job. It's all about now not later.

It sounds like you guys have given up on this years team. Everytime WOS does not play up to you guys expectations you are quick to blame. Lets see it is the OC fault, the kicking game sucks, Too many penalties, what else? As long as you guys are winning everything is fine and yes you did win but not like you wanted.  When you start losing the fans will disappear. All you have to do is look at the other sports. Thick or thin you guys are not. You may not experience that in football for a while but someday you will. 

It's not "you guys" I see one person posting this stuff. I'm sure you wouldn't like all OF fans lumped together and neither do we. Why do you have so much disdain for WOS? The communities are within arms reach of each other. What would make you pull for Kville over us? I, personally, always pull for OF and am very happy with their success this year. Just wondering what got under your skin.

It sounds like you guys have given up on this years team. Everytime WOS does not play up to you guys expectations you are quick to blame. Lets see it is the OC fault, the kicking game sucks, Too many penalties, what else? As long as you guys are winning everything is fine and yes you did win but not like you wanted.  When you start losing the fans will disappear. All you have to do is look at the other sports. Thick or thin you guys are not. You may not experience that in football for a while but someday you will. 

It's not "you guys" I see one person posting this stuff. I'm sure you wouldn't like all OF fans lumped together and neither do we. Why do you have so much disdain for WOS? The communities are within arms reach of each other. What would make you pull for Kville over us? I, personally, always pull for OF and am very happy with their success this year. Just wondering what got under your skin.

Hey Gas, I don't think Bleed has any disdain for WOS. He has made a post explaining his feelings on that.

Also, we both know that only a couple of the "homers" are on here with the excuses and "wait till next year" montra. You and several others actually don't have the blue and silver glasses on when you make your comments.

Guest bleed orange

Gasilla, if you read my other post you will see that I support all teams from Orange County. I buy season tickets to Orangefield football games and have for years. Don't have a kid playing. I did have a daughter playing(basketball) two years ago and that is when I witness the lack of support for the WOS girls program when the teams were not as successful. Yes it made me mad and that is why I said what I did.  Do I lump all WOS fans in one category, no my friend I do not. I do support you guys. Kirbyville has nothing to do with this. Why would I pull for them. I still remember Kvilleballa. He really got on my nerves but he was good for the message board. ;D ;D

Gasilla, if you read my other post you will see that I support all teams from Orange County. I buy season tickets to Orangefield football games and have for years. Don't have a kid playing. I did have a daughter playing(basketball) two years ago and that is when I witness the lack of support for the WOS girls program when the teams were not as successful. Yes it made me mad and that is why I said what I did.  Do I lump all WOS fans in one category, no my friend I do not. I do support you guys. Kirbyville has nothing to do with this. Why would I pull for them. I still remember Kvilleballa. He really got on my nerves but he was good for the message board. ;D ;D

As a Kville fan I miss him from time to time....he always seemed to stir the pot at the right time. ;D

Guest bleed orange

As a Kville fan I miss him from time to time....he always seemed to stir the pot at the right time. ;D

I miss him to "Lefty".  :'(

Hey Gas, I don't think Bleed has any disdain for WOS. He has made a post explaining his feelings on that.

Also, we both know that only a couple of the "homers" are on here with the excuses and "wait till next year" montra. You and several others actually don't have the blue and silver glasses on when you make your comments.

Nobody is saying "wait til next year", just saying they are going to be pretty dang good and that's all i can say.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder