WO-S 21 Kirbyville 20 OT Orange Leader Write up

KFDM COOP

Hey Gas, why is it when I mentioned our turnovers and losing our QB, it was considered crying, but when y'all talk about your penalties and bad play, it's just good football talk? Is it simply because you won?

What the hell are you talking about? And why is a Nederlander getting involved in a talk about WOS and Kville anyway? Are you still whinning about my opinion about Nederland (which was requested)? After last night, it sure as heck hasn't changed.

... and before you start a fight you can't win, you may want to bring some quotes with you made by me...

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gas, why is it when I mentioned our turnovers and losing our QB, it was considered crying, but when y'all talk about your penalties and bad play, it's just good football talk? Is it simply because you won?

What the heck are you talking about? And why is a Nederlander getting involved in a talk about WOS and Kville anyway? Are you still whinning about my opinion about Nederland (which was requested)? After last night, it sure as heck hasn't changed.

... and before you start a fight you can't win, you may want to bring some quotes with you made by me...

Hey pal, how about this for a quote. I can get on any freakin thread I please. If you don't like other fans on here, stay on the WOS board. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about either. Whining is whining....plain and simple.

What the heck are you talking about? And why is a Nederlander getting involved in a talk about WOS and Kville anyway? Are you still whinning about my opinion about Nederland (which was requested)? After last night, it sure as heck hasn't changed.

Hey pal, how about this for a quote. I can get on any freakin thread I please. If you don't like other fans on here, stay on the WOS board. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about either. Whining is whining....plain and simple.

"Hey pal", you still haven't told me where I'm whinning. At least I can take someone being objective about my team, and I often agree with what they have to say... Something you can't seem to muster... It's been nearly a week and you are still lerking around acting pissy... GET OVER IT!!!

And while your throwing your little hissy fit, I never said you couldn't go to any thread you want, just asking what interest you have in WOS/Kville. Obviously, you have no other interest beside being a drama queen.

With all do respect I have to disagree, I am a Jasper fan first and was just down covering this game since the Dogs were off. To say that was the best Kirbyville could play is an insult to Kirbyville, they were far from perfect and I have seen them play lots better. They had their share of mistakes as well, fumbles and dumb penalties hurt them. They went toe to toe with the Mustangs and West Orange was lucky to leave with a win. Were both teams perfect? No. So give the Wildcats some credit.

Well no one expect kirbyville to have zero fumbles and no penalties on a wet night! all im saying is with the conditions they had last night they played at about 95% of their best and WOS played at about 65% on offense! Kirbyville played a heck of a game and left it all on the field and i thank them for showing our boy's at WOS that tey are not invincable! It will just make our boy's come out with something to prove! Expect big things out of our offense this week to go along with by far the best defense around!

It sounds like you guys have given up on this years team. Everytime WOS does not play up to you guys expectations you are quick to blame. Lets see it is the OC fault, the kicking game sucks, Too many penalties, what else? As long as you guys are winning everything is fine and yes you did win but not like you wanted.  When you start losing the fans will disappear. All you have to do is look at the other sports. Thick or thin you guys are not. You may not experience that in football for a while but someday you will. 

It's not "you guys" I see one person posting this stuff. I'm sure you wouldn't like all OF fans lumped together and neither do we. Why do you have so much disdain for WOS? The communities are within arms reach of each other. What would make you pull for Kville over us? I, personally, always pull for OF and am very happy with their success this year. Just wondering what got under your skin.

Hey Gas, I don't think Bleed has any disdain for WOS. He has made a post explaining his feelings on that.

Also, we both know that only a couple of the "homers" are on here with the excuses and "wait till next year" montra. You and several others actually don't have the blue and silver glasses on when you make your comments.

HOW WILL SILSBEE DO NEXT YEAR?

"Hey pal", you still haven't told me where I'm whinning. At least I can take someone being objective about my team, and I often agree with what they have to say... Something you can't seem to muster... It's been nearly a week and you are still lerking around acting pissy... GET OVER IT!!!

And while your throwing your little hissy fit, I never said you couldn't go to any thread you want, just asking what interest you have in WOS/Kville. Obviously, you have no other interest beside being a drama queen.

Drama queen...hissy fit?....ha ha. I thought you'd come up with something better than that. I'm not still fretting about a game that happened over a week ago. Way to spin it though. The thing is, you made an assessment of my team. I countered with the fact that we turned the ball over 7 times and lost our QB. You and others claimed I was whining about the loss. Now you and others have spoken about penalties and ''playing bad'' ( that's a good one BTW) as to why K'ville played you so close. Shouldn't I call that excuses or whining as you like to say? You can't have it both ways, and I didn't appreciate it being called whining. It was an assessment just like yours.

I have kinfolks from K'ville...old school.

Actually, it's lurking and whining (sp)

Drama queen...hissy fit?....ha ha. I thought you'd come up with something better than that. I'm not still fretting about a game that happened over a week ago. Way to spin it though. The thing is, you made an assessment of my team. I countered with the fact that we turned the ball over 7 times and lost our QB. You and others claimed I was whining about the loss. Now you and others have spoken about penalties and ''playing bad'' ( that's a good one BTW) as to why K'ville played you so close. Shouldn't I call that excuses or whining as you like to say? You can't have it both ways, and I didn't appreciate it being called whining. It was an assessment just like yours.

wow, really?? you really have to have this explained for you? ok , here goes:

1. The thread you are referring to was one in which an outside person solicited WO-S opinions concerning the three teams they had faced, Vidor, LC-M, and Ned - seeking a general comparison. NOT a single game analysis of why who won or lost.

2. Gas gave his analysis that Ned seems smaller on the line and slower at skill positions than in the past. While WO-S is generally faster anyway, the difference was even more obvious this year.

3. You came in and started crying about said analysis and making excuses for why you lost THAT particular game, a la the whole "i thought we played well considering 7 turnovers, lost QB, yadda."

4. You have missed the point - utterly and completely. With or without that QB and with or without those turnovers, it is someones solicited opinion that you are just generally a step or two behind where you have been in the past and therefore will not fair as well this year as in the past. It is not an opinion of how well you played WO-S or why you lost that game, it is a generic analysis of your team.

5. What Gas said was he knew some Ned fans would get their feelings hurt about that analysis and all you are doing with your sour grapes is proving him right. Go back and read it. He was being objective. You are being a crybaby - my words, not his . . .

Well, I haven't resorted to name calling and I'm not retarded. I don't need you to run down the list again. I know what I am talking about. Keep your name calling to yourself, although it's about what I expect.

What you are saying is that if someone's opinion is solicited, then there can be no rebuttal without it being considered crying. You make loads of sense.

Actually, I had a much better come back for you than that, but I figured I'd better edit it to keep from offending more than just you... ;)

Oh, and thanks for the spelling lesson. Now if you can just perfect your reading comprehension then we we'll be OK.

Judex, you, pretty much, summed up everything I was about to post. Thanks bro.

Well, I haven't resorted to name calling and I'm not retarded. I don't need you to run down the list again. I know what I am talking about. Keep your name calling to yourself, although it's about what I expect.

What you are saying is that if someone's opinion is solicited, then there can be no rebuttal without it being considered crying. You make loads of sense.

ok, i was being hyperbolic when i called you a retard, but maybe you DO have some sort of learning disability. i am going to try and condense this and i think it can be done with the post i am responding to:

You just tried to make the point that there can be no rebuttal without it being considered crying.

Think on this: you were NOT making a rebuttal. your comments in the Vidor, LC-M, Ned thread did not apply. You were NOT being called a crybaby for saying that losing your QB and turning over the ball impacted that game. it's a given that those things impact a team's chances. if you had posted that in the "WO-S vs. Ned" update thread, and talked about how well you played in spite of those things (along with a slew of other Ned fans that already pointed out those things) it would have been no big deal. Instead, you came in a thread that was analyzing your team generally, not on that given night. Gas' opinion is that Ned is slower and smaller overall than past teams and that will affect how the season goes for Ned.

Gas' posit: Nederland is smaller and slower, and therefore they will have a harder time winning District.

Your rebuttal: But our quarterback got hurt and we had a bunch of turnovers against WO-S.

Does that make a lick of sense to you?

Actually, I had a much better come back for you than that, but I figured I'd better edit it to keep from offending more than just you... ;)

Oh, and thanks for the spelling lesson. Now if you can just perfect your reading comprehension then we we'll be OK.

You did the right thing for the right reason, not the reason you posted. Glad to see you have some reinforcements waiting in the wings.

You did the right thing for the right reason, not the reason you posted. Glad to see you have some reinforcements waiting in the wings.

Why don't you explain the "real reason" then. You seem to think there are underlying meanings to everything... I think you need to stick to the obvious because that, apparently, is escaping you. ;)

As for my reinforcements. Maybe some think they can try to help you with the obvious better than I. I guess he may be falling short as well. Like he said, maybe you can't be helped... I think everyone around here knows I can handle my own business. ;)

Why don't you explain the "real reason" then. You seem to think there are underlying meanings to everything... I think you need to stick to the obvious because that, apparently, is escaping you. ;)

As for my reinforcements. Maybe some think they can try to help you with the obvious better than I. I guess he may be falling short as well. Like he said, maybe you can't be helped... I think everyone around here knows I can handle my own business. ;)

careful gas... dont you know how many people hes banned!  :o :'(  if you dont you need to go ask the softball people!  ;D ;D ;)

(use your best old west voice) hes a legend round these here parts!  :D

baddog is not a moderator. Bigdog is a moderator. You have them confused.

Things are getting out of hand in Mustang land.  All the complaining about a win.  Calling out the band director?  I didn't know WOS had a great history of kickers.  Then the WOS posters getting on K'ville for complaining about the refs.  Mustang fans never have beef with the refs.  COme on.  Your lucky to get a win, take it, and stop looking for excuses and people to blame "w" on.

What made us lucky to get a win?

Nope!  But when you stop a team a few inches short of a 2-point conversion (on a controverial call) to win the game, do you call that dominate?  WOS will win out in the regular season, whats new.  But come nut-cuttin time in November and December I don't think they are good enough to get it done.  3A was suppose to be easier, 6 years into it and still looking for that gold medal.

I don't know if they are good enough to get it done in November and December and I go to all of the games. How many games have you been to? I just don't see how you can know they aren't good enough! So if you don't dominate a team then you are lucky to get a win????????

hats off to Kirbyville on a hard fought game..And much respect to Coach Alvarez for going for two..You have to respect that..

I knew he would go for 2 in OT....it's his MO so to speak.  Very gutsy call indeed and I am not one bit upset about it.  Kirbyville had the ground game working pretty well in the 2nd half.

I don't know what the stats say but the feel of the game was that our defense was playing better than their defense. Which made going for two absolutely the right call. He may not have felt that way but I did.

It sounds like you guys have given up on this years team. Everytime WOS does not play up to you guys expectations you are quick to blame. Lets see it is the OC fault, the kicking game sucks, Too many penalties, what else? As long as you guys are winning everything is fine and yes you did win but not like you wanted.  When you start losing the fans will disappear. All you have to do is look at the other sports. Thick or thin you guys are not. You may not experience that in football for a while but someday you will. 

It's not "you guys" I see one person posting this stuff. I'm sure you wouldn't like all OF fans lumped together and neither do we. Why do you have so much disdain for WOS? The communities are within arms reach of each other. What would make you pull for Kville over us? I, personally, always pull for OF and am very happy with their success this year. Just wondering what got under your skin.

Gasilla, if you read my other post you will see that I support all teams from Orange County. I buy season tickets to Orangefield football games and have for years. Don't have a kid playing. I did have a daughter playing(basketball) two years ago and that is when I witness the lack of support for the WOS girls program when the teams were not as successful. Yes it made me mad and that is why I said what I did.  Do I lump all WOS fans in one category, no my friend I do not. I do support you guys. Kirbyville has nothing to do with this. Why would I pull for them. I still remember Kvilleballa. He really got on my nerves but he was good for the message board. ;D ;D

Don't forget Kvillecheer. She was always good for a laugh.

hats off to Kirbyville on a hard fought game..And much respect to Coach Alvarez for going for two..You have to respect that..

I knew he would go for 2 in OT....it's his MO so to speak.  Very gutsy call indeed and I am not one bit upset about it.  Kirbyville had the ground game working pretty well in the 2nd half.

I don't know what the stats say but the feel of the game was that our defense was playing better than their defense. Which made going for two absolutely the right call. He may not have felt that way but I did.

I thought it was the right call also.You don't want to try and match wo-s touchdown for touchdown in overtime imo.They did what they needed to do...might not get another chance...lets try and win it now I would think.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder