WO-S 21 Kirbyville 20 OT Orange Leader Write up

KFDM COOP

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are getting out of hand in Mustang land.  All the complaining about a win.  Calling out the band director?  I didn't know WOS had a great history of kickers.  Then the WOS posters getting on K'ville for complaining about the refs.  Mustang fans never have beef with the refs.  COme on.  Your lucky to get a win, take it, and stop looking for excuses and people to blame "w" on.

Things are getting out of hand in Mustang land.  All the complaining about a win.  Calling out the band director?  I didn't know WOS had a great history of kickers.  Then the WOS posters getting on K'ville for complaining about the refs.  Mustang fans never have beef with the refs.  COme on.  Your lucky to get a win, take it, and stop looking for excuses and people to blame "w" on.

lucky? were you there?

Maybe PA announcers should say, "Ok, everybody be very, very quiet so that the kicker can concentrate. Bands, this include you so put those drum sticks down!"

I agree with Gasilla. Run the ball up the middle on 3rd down to place the ball between the hash marks for the kick attempt... unless the kicker is a great soccer player.

Nope!  But when you stop a team a few inches short of a 2-point conversion (on a controverial call) to win the game, do you call that dominate?  WOS will win out in the regular season, whats new.  But come nut-cuttin time in November and December I don't think they are good enough to get it done.  3A was suppose to be easier, 6 years into it and still looking for that gold medal.

Nope!  But when you stop a team a few inches short of a 2-point conversion (on a controverial call) to win the game, do you call that dominate?  WOS will win out in the regular season, whats new.  But come nut-cuttin time in November and December I don't think they are good enough to get it done.  3A was suppose to be easier, 6 years into it and still looking for that gold medal.

who said we dominated? not me! we did what it took to win the game and had you been there you'd seen that we shot ourselves in the foot on NUMEROUS occasions! kirbyville is a very good team and they played their butts off last night and should make a great playoff run but in no way do i feel we got lucky.

im curious, which team do you follow?

Hey bobo, just curious, what school do you support? I agree with you on one thing, we are not good enough RIGHT NOW to get it done is December, I guess it's a good thing it's NOT December... ;)

OUCH!!

Hey Kirbyville. Great game guys. Way to show some kahunas going for two. I have kinfolk from Kville. Y'all are good people.

I'm not going to say that the WOS band director almost cost us a win, but lets get serious.  I don't know if you have never been around football at any level, but when your team is kicking a field goal do not play a drum beat.  Do not end the drum beat while he is starting his kick.  The drum beat that was being orchestrated by the director stopped all of a sudden with every drummer hitting his drum while the kicker is kicking.  Fans and everyone should be quiet.  Kickers are a fickle group and anything (bad punts) can get them out of their zone.  I'm not saying that is the reason he missed the kick, but the band needs to be on the same page as the band.  That's like playing "We will rock you" when a player is injured.  Fans and bands have their own duty at football games.  When your defense is attempting a 3rd and 4th down stop, you are supposed to be loud.  And also be quiet when your team is trying to convert. 

This post might get deleted, and I apologize to the moderators for posting this.  I know that posters aren't supposed to call out certain coaches, but there is only one band director.

I won't delete this post for the simple reason it is out right hilarious!  Fans and the band are making alot of noise on PAT attempts after TD's...what's next stop playing the fight song when teams score?  

hats off to Kirbyville on a hard fought game..And much respect to Coach Alvarez for going for two..You have to respect that..

I knew he would go for 2 in OT....it's his MO so to speak.  Very gutsy call indeed and I am not one bit upset about it.  Kirbyville had the ground game working pretty well in the 2nd half.

I'm not going to say that the WOS band director almost cost us a win, but lets get serious.  I don't know if you have never been around football at any level, but when your team is kicking a field goal do not play a drum beat.  Do not end the drum beat while he is starting his kick.  The drum beat that was being orchestrated by the director stopped all of a sudden with every drummer hitting his drum while the kicker is kicking.  Fans and everyone should be quiet.  Kickers are a fickle group and anything (bad punts) can get them out of their zone.  I'm not saying that is the reason he missed the kick, but the band needs to be on the same page as the band.  That's like playing "We will rock you" when a player is injured.  Fans and bands have their own duty at football games.  When your defense is attempting a 3rd and 4th down stop, you are supposed to be loud.  And also be quiet when your team is trying to convert. 

This post might get deleted, and I apologize to the moderators for posting this.  I know that posters aren't supposed to call out certain coaches, but there is only one band director.

Exactly! My sentiments as well.

I won't delete this post for the simple reason it is out right hilarious!  Fans and the band are making alot of noise on PAT attempts after TD's...what's next stop playing the fight song when teams score?  

hats off to Kirbyville on a hard fought game..And much respect to Coach Alvarez for going for two..You have to respect that..

I knew he would go for 2 in OT....it's his MO so to speak.  Very gutsy call indeed and I am not one bit upset about it.  Kirbyville had the ground game working pretty well in the 2nd half.

you guys looked really good last night! i hope you take it all!

I can see this one comment taking this string several more pages.

Maybe PA announcers should say, "Ok, everybody be very, very quiet so that the kicker can concentrate. Bands, this include you so put those drum sticks down!"

I agree with Gasilla. Run the ball up the middle on 3rd down to place the ball between the hash marks for the kick attempt... unless the kicker is a great soccer player.

Speaking of the PA announcer.The "fabric on the field" saying is really getting on my nerves. ::)

Speaking of the PA announcer.The "fabric on the field" saying is really getting on my nerves. ::)

since were venting about random things, was that wax paper,wrapping paper,freezer paper,or butcher paper the cats ran through? that loud a$$ horn was awesome though! you guys mustve opted for a horn and not a run through.   

ok, don't post very often, so if i have replied to something that seems totally random, i apologize.  Just wanted to add my 2 cents here.....I, as were alot of people, happened to be at the game.  Congrats to both teams.  WOS held off a Kville team that is hungry for a taste of what they had last year, and Kville stood toe to toe with what we all know has been a powerhouse 3A for years, and held their own.  BOTH teams can learn and come away from this game better, and better able to (hopefully) dominate their district and go far in the playoff run.  As for the "controversial" call at the end, leave it on the field.  Both squads know what they are capable of at this point.  Once again, congrats.

Lucky?  If you knew anything about Mustang football, you'd know that they practice the goal line stance as part of their fundamentals and it has paid off more times than the one last night.  People from WOS aren't looking for excuses to "blame" a win on.  Offense played poorly, I'm sure the OC knows it and will make necessary adjustments this week.  You need to get on back to Tenaha and Timpson.  I'm sure they miss you.

Ok, Ihave a few things to say here. First, by someone saying that WOS has never had a good kicker is a personal insult to me. we have had good kickers> Second, the person whining about the band during a kick is stupid. believe me, when we have to kick an important fieldgoal, we dont hear a thing. This is not golf, its football. going after the WOS kicker for missing that fieldgoal is crap. A good kick relies on three people, snapper, holder, and kicker. If one of those are off, then bad kick. i know him, and he is a great kicker. he just needs some polishing. People need to remember that those kids read these boards and by insulting them it hurts their confidence. They are kids for Gods sake, give them a break! Lastly, i will be at practice starting on monday to help him out, and will continue for the rest of the season. He has the fundamentals, just needs some advice. I might not be a kicker guru, but i do have college and pro experience that maybe i can pass on to him. I feel that i should have been working with him from the start, but owning two businesses has taken all of my time. I do feel though that I owe it to my alma mater and a kicker that has the potential to be great, to lend a hand.

In closing(haha) i think K'ville is the real deal and will compete for the crown in 2A.

peace.

oh, BTW, I wasnt calling the poster that alked about the band stupid, just the notion.

Ok, Ihave a few things to say here. First, by someone saying that WOS has never had a good kicker is a personal insult to me. we have had good kickers> Second, the person whining about the band during a kick is stupid. believe me, when we have to kick an important fieldgoal, we dont hear a thing. This is not golf, its football. going after the WOS kicker for missing that fieldgoal is crap. A good kick relies on three people, snapper, holder, and kicker. If one of those are off, then bad kick. i know him, and he is a great kicker. he just needs some polishing. People need to remember that those kids read these boards and by insulting them it hurts their confidence. They are kids for Gods sake, give them a break! Lastly, i will be at practice starting on monday to help him out, and will continue for the rest of the season. He has the fundamentals, just needs some advice. I might not be a kicker guru, but i do have college and pro experience that maybe i can pass on to him. I feel that i should have been working with him from the start, but owning two businesses has taken all of my time. I do feel though that I owe it to my alma mater and a kicker that has the potential to be great, to lend a hand.

In closing(haha) i think K'ville is the real deal and will compete for the crown in 2A.

peace.

oh, BTW, I wasnt calling the poster that alked about the band stupid, just the notion.

FINALLY!!! thats awesome and something that is needed!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin