Tarkington vs Hardin--Predictions?

Hornet

Hardin wins this game blind folded and moves into the polls..... ;)

Also Tarkington needs a new sound system to much slap back bouncing of the new High Schools extrior wall.......

And what poll would that be? The barberpole? maypole? northpole?

Heck, Hardin hasn't won a district championship in 35 years (lost 54-0 in bi-district). That just doesn't generate a lot of state wide respect.

No Hardin hasn't won a district championship in a long while, but, I believe they are the only team in our district to win a bi-district championship in the last 3 years(beat Hemphill to advanc to second round). While everyone else is living in the past, Hardin is getting stronger and that's what matters in the present.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Payne : you need to keep in mind that ALL traditions have to start somewhere. I can remember when Dayton was the laughing stock of Football in Texas from the late 80's to the mid 90's...! The laughing stock of the whole damn state.

Ya'lls ( Dayton's ) outstanding tradition was nonexistant until the arrival of Jerry Stewart in 1996. That is where your "power-house" image and tradition came from. And that tradition didn't happen over night. It has take years to reach that point.

So why not let the people of Hardin celebrate ( JUST AS YA'LL DID ) when a Great Coach comes in and starts winning and building a good program out of a perennial losing program like Hardin has been. Is right now the start of a winning "tradition" at Hardin? That is yet to be seen, but still people get excited when their team shows improvement and playoff appearences where there have been none before.

I am from this area, so I remember when Dayton would have celebrated for a month if they would have won a little league Football game, let alone becoming a H.S. powerhouse...

I have to agree with Gorilla.  You can say Hardin takes the win but blindfolded?  Give me a break.  Hardin is no powerhouse.  They have had a decent last couple of years.  They may win but ST4 life  quit smoking the rubber from the new turf at Hardin.

Playa you're gonna see what Hornet football is all about.  "Friday night the blood is gonna pour from the horns like the rivers of ancient Babylon."  -Longest Yard.  Keep the Hornets name outcha mouth Playa. 

Also Tarkington needs a new sound system to much slap back bouncing of the new High Schools extrior wall.......

Heck, Hardin hasn't won a district championship in 35 years (lost 54-0 in bi-district). That just doesn't generate a lot of state wide respect.

No Hardin hasn't won a district championship in a long while, but, I believe they are the only team in our district to win a bi-district championship in the last 3 years(beat Hemphill to advanc to second round). While everyone else is living in the past, Hardin is getting stronger and that's what matters in the present.

It's more like Hardin hasn't won THE district championship in a long while (35 years). It's only won it once. I wouldn't look into past if I were you either.

'06 EC 35 Hempill 29

All those past district championships have gotten you what, an early exit in the first round every year. What did those get you last year? I total domination by Hardin! Like I said, living in the past isn't gonna make your team any better or help you win this year. We'll see how you feel Saturday after Newton beats you to death, OH, my bad, you won district a couple years ago, watch out Newton!

All those past district championships have gotten you what, an early exit in the first round every year. What did those get you last year? I total domination by Hardin! Like I said, living in the past isn't gonna make your team any better or help you win this year. We'll see how you feel Saturday after Newton beats you to death, OH, my bad, you won district a couple years ago, watch out Newton!

Does your boss know you are screwing off at work?? lol Man are you viscious today or what?

Does your boss know you are screwing off at work?? lol Man are you viscious today or what?

He worked the breakfast shift.

You're delusional Bushy. Dominated? Won by a 7. What do you call it losing by 30 the year before. You know, the year of your 3rd place finish and ONLY EVER playoff win.

You're free and easy with the facts, too. 14 sraight in the playoffs. Regional '96, '98, '99, '04, '05.

Has Hardin ever even played Newton?

You're delusional Bushy. Dominated? Won by a 7. What do you call it losing by 30 the year before. You know, the year of your 3rd place finish and ONLY EVER playoff win.

You're free and easy with the facts, too. 14 sraight in the playoffs. Regional '96, '98, '99, '04, '05.

Hardin played Newton in 04 and 05 both years that they went to state. Winning it in 05 i believe.

Hardin played Newton in 04 and 05 both years that they went to state. Winning it in 05 i believe.

Yep this is True.  They were State ranked then.

In '05 Newton was 14-0 state champs...Bad at football, bad at lying.

This is the hidden content, please

In '05 Newton was 14-0 state champs...Bad at football, bad at lying.

This is the hidden content, please

i dont get what you mean bad at football, bad at lying. ???  they said hardin played newton in '04 and '05... no one said hardin beat newton?

yeah thats what i was gettin at.. i've been looking for the 05 score but i think it was maybe something like newton 53 vs hardin 9... i think they fumbled in the endzone hardin recovered and then went for 2 was rejected.. then later got a field goal.. but other than that it was that pendland kid they had that year that just ran all over the field...

Also Tarkington needs a new sound system to much slap back bouncing of the new High Schools exterior wall.......

Heck, Hardin hasn't won a district championship in 35 years (lost 54-0 in district). That just doesn't generate a lot of state wide respect.

Since I am getting to be an old man, let me give you a little fact about that year Hardin won the district title. You make a point they in Bi-District 54-0. That was Brookshire Royal who had a very good team. the other point and much more important, the Saturday after wrapping up the district, one of Hardin's best players Bill Van Dorn was tragically killed in a hunting accident and the team was in shock for days following that. As for this year Hardin will dominate this game against Tarkington.

Also Tarkington needs a new sound system to much slap back bouncing of the new High Schools exterior wall.......

Heck, Hardin hasn't won a district championship in 35 years (lost 54-0 in district). That just doesn't generate a lot of state wide respect.

Since I am getting to be an old man, let me give you a little fact about that year Hardin won the district title. You make a point they in Bi-District 54-0. That was Brookshire Royal who had a very good team. the other point and much more important, the Saturday after wrapping up the district, one of Hardin's best players Bill Van Dorn was tragically killed in a hunting accident and the team was in shock for days following that. As for this year Hardin will dominate this game against Tarkington.

[/quote Do believe coach Haynes was on that team..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder