*Lumberton vs. HF Updates/Lumberton Wins/Comments*

Guest currahee

Didn't go to the game, but was impressed with Hughes ability to stretch the field (even though it was an obviously inferior opponent).  He looked really in sync with his recievers from what I saw on the news. 

Can anyone give an honest assessment of Lumberton's defense?

swarmed to the ball pretty good. compared to recent years defense, not as big up front, but does not seem to be an issue. I think their biggest obstacle will be running the ball, filling cody's and jocob's spot is not an easy task, but being able to pass the ball will be a plus for the offense. the recievers have some great hands and hughes seems like he is confident enough to get them the ball. I think overall Lumberton will make a run, and their opponents secondary will be tested, and having asher in the back field will take some pressure off hughes.

I saw the highlights last night.  I was like 'who are the pop warner team that Lumberton is throwing the ball like that on'?  No disrespect to H-F, but Lumberton will not be throwing on teams in 20-4a like that.  They will have to go to bread and butter power running and good defense once district starts.  Good win, Raiders.  Welcome to the 1-0 club!  ;)

They threw the ball on Dayton pretty well. I guess they are pop warner too.

This years team is different. This team is not gonna be a power running team like the last 2 years. alot more balance and maybe leaning alittle to the pass.

Soulja is throwing down the smack huh =P, all right, we'll see very soon. Good game Jags btw. Lumberton looked good all around on the first string, not alot of mistakes and first game jitters like last year. The second/third team offense needs to worl on moving the ball better to give us some depth and the second/third string D needs to tighten up too, did a decent job but could have been better. The good thing is like in the last couple of years, these guys are well conditioned and will stay in any game out there. It's gonna be goooooooooood.  ;D

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I saw the highlights last night.  I was like 'who are the pop warner team that Lumberton is throwing the ball like that on'?  No disrespect to H-F, but Lumberton will not be throwing on teams in 20-4a like that.  They will have to go to bread and butter power running and good defense once district starts.  Good win, Raiders.  Welcome to the 1-0 club!  ;)

Soulja, you seem like a good guy, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you about the passing game. Granted, HF's secondary isn't as good as the teams Lumberton is going to face in 20-4A this year, but the passing game is 100X better than last year. It's like night and day difference. Hughes looks like a completely different QB back there this year. His poise and escapability in the pocket and patience with his reads is impressive this year. The receivers are playing a lot better this year and the ball is now able to get to them for them to make plays. Kyler Keith #10 is one of the fastest kids in district if not the fastest and he showed that deep threat capability last night on several occasions. Jesse Sparks #6 has great hands and rarely drops a ball and can get yardage after the catch. Just to touch on what WTB said earlier...Lumberton threw the ball on Dayton's secondary also. The running game still needs some work but will get better. If the running game comes around, watch out for this Lumberton offense with BALANCE...you will see. The D looked good in my opinion and will continue to get better. Congrats on Centrals win last night. They look to be a solid team once again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder